Page 103 of 139 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2072
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: The Official Pakistan Politics thread

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    such an awesome govt

GDP growth 3.7pc in FY-12: State Bank warns of debt trap | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

we need 5 more years of this
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    That's pretty great.

Yea, I know why it is done (to make sure people who can't read/write can figure out who is who), but this is pretty hilarious.

With that said, it would be a travesty if it's a cricket ball over a cricket ball...where can I officially protest?

I'm actually surprised - don't parties have official symbols like in India or America? Barring that, maybe pictures of the main people running? It makes sense for Imran but if they are coming up with symbols for other parties at the last minute, I can definitely see a lot of confusion at the polls.
    If I remember correctly, the political parties are always assigned symbols at the elections. I don't think they select the symbols themselves. I'm not 100% sure about this though.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    If I remember correctly, the political parties are always assigned symbols at the elections. I don't think they select the symbols themselves. I'm not 100% sure about this though.
    When I was in Pakistan, the major parties always had the same symbols (PPP always had the arrow, PML always had the bicycle, etc.), so I'm surprised Imran's party is getting one now...
    RIP Craigos

TTP expresses will to hold talks | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

"PESHAWAR: The spokesman for the outlawed Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) Ehsanullah Ehsan has said that the organisation was willing to hold talks with the government and security forces provided that Pakistan Muslim League – Nawaz (PML-N) chief Nawaz Sharif, chief of the Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) Maulana Fazal-ur-Rehman and Jamaat-i-Islami (JI) Ameer Syed Munawar Hasan were guarantors for the talks"

US ex ambassador to Pakistan blasts US "callousness" on Pakistan

He's right on the money. US has some legitimate gripes against Pakistan but the overall lack of empathy and extreme rhetoric/actions have actually been counterproductive to the goals of the US. Munter, as well as the late Richard Holbrooke before him, have tried to persuade the Obama administration to be more understanding of the Pakistani position and concerns, but to no avail. Unfortunately we have a case of two stubborn entities (the US government and the Pakistan military) refusing to compromise and work with the other to achieve common goals. What a tragedy.

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    US ex ambassador to Pakistan blasts US "callousness" on Pakistan

He's right on the money. US has some legitimate gripes against Pakistan but the overall lack of empathy and extreme rhetoric/actions have actually been counterproductive to the goals of the US. Munter, as well as the late Richard Holbrooke before him, have tried to persuade the Obama administration to be more understanding of the Pakistani position and concerns, but to no avail. Unfortunately we have a case of two stubborn entities (the US government and the Pakistan military) refusing to compromise and work with the other to achieve common goals. What a tragedy.
    Indeed.

Persecuted Shia's refuse to bury dead victims

Another massacre against the minority Hazara community. It's sad and outrageous. The ethnic cleansing continues with no end in sight.

I'll give credit to Imran though. This time he's come out strongly and vocally against the massacre. In the past, only the MQM and PPP would strongly condemn these attacks. It's good to see Imran lend his voice to them as well. I've said it before and I'll say it again - it's not America's drones, India's RAW, or Israel's Mossad that will destroy Pakistan. It's extremism from within.

International Debutant ganeshran's Avatar
    Is this the first civilian government in Pakistan that has completed its full term?
    Get well soon Yuvi!!

The first to complete 5 years (I believe the govt of ZA Bhutto also completed its term but it was a different affair back then. Bangladesh had been formed and Bhutto had to first take over as President).......and ****.....this is THE most corrupt and incompetent govt in the history of Pakistan. And that is

Thread Information