Page 101 of 139 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2072
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: The Official Pakistan Politics thread

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Yea. It's about a cultural change not some savior at the top. Politicians and police will take bribes as long as people give them - and accept that it is a way to get things done.

I've seen people in India cry foul against corruption but in the same day give a small couple hundred rupee bribe to get something a little quicker or get out of an inspection or whatever. There is no magic bullet. You can't have a healthy society without a healthy society. I do it too - take shortcuts that I wouldn't want all of society to adopt. We all do. But that's a problem that has to be solved at something other than the ballot box.

As the saying goes, be the change you wish to see in the world.... Very hard to live up to for all of us because its much easier to blame external factors rather than internal ones.
    It has to start somewhere and starting off at the top is the most efficient way to go. As much as societal attitudes are a factor you cannot deny the importance of having good systems. And it helps BIG time if people at the top are not looting and plundering with all their might and turning a blind eye to their cohorts.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    Drugs is not a valid comparison, as people aren't forced to take drugs as they are forced to give bribes to just fulfill their requirements in many occasions.For example police many a times won't register a complaint for a car theft in some parts without taking a bribe, especially when it involves a insurance payoff ?

What you gonna do about it ? Shut up and not pay it or spend more money in approaching the courts which will take a while in itself before a order is obtained to register a complaint. About which time the car will have been dismantled and sold of in parts already, and the insurance company won't pay you as it violated the terms and conditions in the contract.

Can give umpteen more examples too. Both more and less heinous that this as i did before. But the point remains the same. Also, you are forgetting power without adequate checks and balances corrupts the best even. I don't care how honest anyone is/or pretends to be otherwise once you have been co-opted by the system then you won't let others change it either.

well, the govt doing the right thing for once

Elections will be held by May 6, says minister | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

Absolute rubbish - Pakistanís politicized and right-wing Supreme Court admits blasphemy petition against the countryís ambassador to the US. The ambassador, Ms. Sherry Rehman, is a critic of Pakistanís blasphemy laws which are used to silence and intimidate minorities. The fact that the Supreme Court even took up the case is pathetic.

Simon Champion!
    Wow! What nonsense. Trying to get it admitted the petition since 2010 and they finally admit it now ? How does that work? Too many coincidences in a short while.

What did she say, btw? Any idea ?

Simon Champion!
    Also, it seems the NAB chairman has refused to arrest the PM saying there's no evidence? They are arguing that official order doesn't mention it and matter should be referred to larger bench or something.

what kind of a stupid excuse is that from NAB?

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Who appoints the Supreme Court in Pakistan?
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    President

WTF.....the investigating officer into the current Prime Minister's graft case commits "suicide"

RPP investigating officer found dead | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

the former junoon guitarist writes in the Express Tribune

Towards a new Pakistan – The Express Tribune

+ time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

I am not sure what has been happening on this front but I have been posting this for a while now. This freeing of Taliban has been going on for some time now. I am not sure what is happening but since US pullout from Afghanistan has become more of a certainty this has been happening.

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Utter stupidity. More deaths to follow I guess.

Pakistan’s President Asif Ali Zardari said on Monday that the general elections would be held on time and instructed the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) workers to begin election preparations adding that the PPP would present its five-year performance to the people, DawnNews reported.

Elections to be held on time says Zardari | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

Thread Information