Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Jobs Dies

Steve Jobs Dies

RIP. I know we usually post news like this in the Obituaries thread, but I thought this news deserved a thread of its own. He left a massive imprint on the world and revolutionized how we live our lives today. He was only 56.

cpr
    I feel really bad now for having a massive benny 10 mins ago about my ipod cable giving up on me

Have to say, not many people have influenced culture as much as he did over the last 10 years. For all the pisstaking, has given up many innovative products that we now struggle to live without
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Okay, wow.

edit: As in I'm completely shocked by this

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    In keeping with Wikileaks' ideology of publishing anything and everything irrespective of taste, decency or the ramifications for those it publishes about....

Steve Jobs purported HIV medical status results, 2008 - WikiLeaks

Very sad to hear he passed away. Certainly one hell of a contributor to technology. RIP.

A prescient quote:

"Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose"
    -- Steve Jobs, 2005
    Last edited by Burgey; 05-10-2011 at 06:41 PM.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

CNN is showing montages of his career. One of the most incredible things is watching him present the new Apple products at MacWorld. Amazing just to recap one blockbuster product after another year after year. Also incredibly sad to see him wither away in appearance as well. By the end, he almost looked like a skeleton.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    In keeping with Wikileaks' ideology of publishing anything and everything irrespective of taste, decency or the ramifications for those it publishes about....

Steve Jobs purported HIV medical status results, 2008 - WikiLeaks

Very sad to hear he passed away. Certainly one hell of a contributor to technology. RIP.
    Stay classy, dickheads.

===

RIP/
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

RIP Steve Jobs. A true visionary of our times.

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Hmm. Can't say I was a huge fan, but undoubtedly one of the most influential people of recent times. Almost single-handedly created entire markets and all that. Seems to have crashed Twitter too, which I'm grateful for.
    "Under the spreading chestnut tree,
    I sold you and you sold me."

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    A prescient quote:

"Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose"
    -- Steve Jobs, 2005
    He must have spoken from the awareness of the extremely poor prognosis associated with his pancreatic cancer.

RIP, a true innovator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    does this mean apple products will stop being twice as expensive as other products which are much the same bar having an apple logo

?
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Haha wtf? Shows how out of the loop people can be given I had no idea he had cancer.

RIP - he'd go down as one of technology's greats.
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

How depressing

Tributes flowing from other visionaries...

Larry Page
    I am very, very sad to hear the news about Steve. He was a great man with incredible achievements and amazing brilliance. He always seemed to be able to say in very few words what you actually should have been thinking before you thought it. His focus on the user experience above all else has always been an inspiration to me. He was very kind to reach out to me as I became CEO of Google and spend time offering his advice and knowledge even though he was not at all well. My thoughts and Google's are with his family and the whole Apple family.
    Sergey Brin
    From the earliest days of Google, whenever Larry and I sought inspiration for vision and leadership, we needed to look no farther than Cupertino. Steve, your passion for excellence is felt by anyone who has ever touched an Apple product (including the macbook I am writing this on right now). And I have witnessed it in person the few times we have met.

On behalf of all of us at Google and more broadly in technology, you will be missed very much. My condolences to family, friends, and colleagues at Apple.
    Mark Zuckerberg
    Steve, thank you for being a mentor and a friend. Thanks for showing that what you build can change the world. I will miss you
    Bill Gates
    For those of us lucky enough to get to work with him, it's been an insanely great honor. I will miss Steve immensely.

The world rarely sees someone who has had the profound impact Steve has had, the effects of which will be felt for many generations to come.

Steve and I first met nearly 30 years ago, and have been colleagues, competitors and friends over the course of more than half our lives.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    I prefer PC.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    how are the foxconn workers handling the news?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information