Cricket Player Manager
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dubai's Migrant Workers

another thing that is a big industry in india now is parents or guardians selling muslim girls (a lot of them underage) to sheiks and other wealthy arabs in the middle east...poverty is the most common excuse given for such crimes but more than the randy scumbag paedophiles who buy the girls and then enslave them, it is the greedy, amoral parents or guardians who should be lined up and shot...
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Well I don't know about more. . I would still place those buyers in a much worse category. You have to look at the economic conditions of the parents. They should be punished for sure but rarely do parents sell their children because they want a nicer looking motorcycle. It's not an excuse, not by a very long shot, but the people who buy them have no mitigating circumstances or an excuse as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by silentstriker; 03-09-2011 at 07:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Well I don't know about more. . I would still place those buyers in a much worse category. You have to look at the economic conditions of the parents. It's not an excuse, not by a very long shot, but the people who buy them have no mitigating circumstances or an excuse as far as I'm concerned.
    whatever their levels of poverty these parents have the choice not to sell their own daughters....poverty is just the excuse, greed is the real reason....true that the buyers don't have any redeeming qualities, but it is the enablers or the parents who allow this industry to flourish...

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    I think if you looked at it, a larger percentage of kids are probably kidnapped rather than sold by their parents.

I haven't looked it up, so I could be wrong on that.

still scratching around in the same old hole
    What happens in Dubai is terrible. Trafficking in persons, labor exploitation and child abuse are serious issues. Though India, and other countries, have their own internal issues that should not be ignored. The finger cannot just be pointed outwards.

Watched a CNN piece on illiterate, rural Indians who borrow smallish amounts of money for whatever reason (medication, train tickets etc) and are then forced to work unpaid. They do not know how much they owe or how long they have this debt bondage.

Watching these people be exploited, watching children toil in the sun and hearing one say "If you run away, they will find you and bring you back" was depressing.

EDIT-- Found it-- http://cnn.com/video/?/video/world/2...lave.labor.cnn
    Last edited by Goughy; 04-09-2011 at 01:30 AM.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Quote Originally Posted by Indusriver View Post
    to be honest pakistan is no better, here in karachi i see daily how the poor labours mostly (pashtuns) are treated by others. This problem exists pretty much in all third world countries, its a mentality thing. Dubai might be rich, but their mentality is third world still.
    In Pakistan the majority of the laborers have the choice to not accept/continue the job. There is no organized human/child trafficking taking place in Pakistan, as far as I know.

still scratching around in the same old hole
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    In Pakistan the majority of the laborers have the choice to not accept/continue the job. There is no organized human/child trafficking taking place in Pakistan, as far as I know.
    Dept of State- 2011 TIP report-- Pakistan

Pakistan is a source, transit, and destination country for men, women, and children subjected to forced labor and sex trafficking. The country's largest human trafficking problem is bonded labor, concentrated in the Sindh and Punjab provinces in agriculture and brick making
    Human trafficking in Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by Goughy; 04-09-2011 at 01:11 AM.

Bun
    Banned
    Goughy the link u posted is not working.

Bun
    Banned

International Coach Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Didn't know about that stuff happening in Pakistan. Thanks Goughy for letting me know. It's truly sickening and shameful.

In Pakistan domestic servitude is also very common. Rich people have servants to look after their homes. This seems on the outset OK, because they get paid, food and shelter is provided and a lot of these people would otherwise be on the streets. However at a closer examination, some employers are cruel and commit horrible atrocities against their employees.

gulfnews : Woman kills servant boy for not feeding her dog

Okay, Thank you for the link. I was wrong about Pakistan.

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    I think if you looked at it, a larger percentage of kids are probably kidnapped rather than sold by their parents.
    that (abduction) is a separate industry altogether...this is done by parents under the pretence of marrying their daughters off to wealthy people and they (usually) project to the rest of their social circle that the daughter is living like a queen at her husband's house....

This is also a big problem is Europe, with Paris having a huge sex slave industry. Eastern Europeans as well as Russian gangs kidnap girls and then sell them in Europe. I'm sure a lot of people here have seen the film Taken, which was based on this.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Just went through all the links here and I'm shaken to say the least.. don't even know what to think

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information