Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: A song of Ice and Fire (Spoilers)

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar

A song of Ice and Fire (Spoilers)

I think we should have a new thread for the series because the spoiler tags are pissing certain people off.

Please note that in this thread I wont be using the tags, so if you haven't read all the books....**** off.

BTW I have started reading the Dunk and Egg books and they are pretty interesting especially with the Blackfyre rebellion info. Now I understand who the 3 eyed crow was in Brans chapters.

cpr
    .... and yet I still clicked this thread out of habit
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    I'll post a few thoughts on the book later. The one thing I'll say for now is it was a middling book, with good bits and bad bits, and the Meereenese knot was dead weight. The book could have been released years ago if Dany had gone straight from blowing that joint up to Westeros.

Ser Barristan was awesome though, and Wyman Manderley.

Jon's death had extremely clunky foreshadowing. I saw it coming a mile off now I know Martin's style. Bullheaded. Everyone working against him. Doing the right thing. Moment of awesome right beforehand. Barking wolf. Melisandre's fires. Is a Stark.

Though tbf I expected Barristan to die from betrayal when he owned the king.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

I wish Dany had caught the flux and died, when she was tending to her 'children'.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Haha love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll post a few thoughts on the book later. The one thing I'll say for now is it was a middling book, with good bits and bad bits, and the Meereenese knot was dead weight. The book could have been released years ago if Dany had gone straight from blowing that joint up to Westeros.

Ser Barristan was awesome though, and Wyman Manderley.

Jon's death had extremely clunky foreshadowing. I saw it coming a mile off now I know Martin's style. Bullheaded. Everyone working against him. Doing the right thing. Moment of awesome right beforehand. Barking wolf. Melisandre's fires. Is a Stark.

Though tbf I expected Barristan to die from betrayal when he owned the king.
    He's not dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Yeah if you were perceptive enough to notice the recurrent foreboding themes you surely should have noticed that when a character "blacks out" in one of their own chapters, they're not dead. At least, not in the traditional sense of the word.

cpr
    Yeah, because if he dies, then he can't go South, marry the blonde, unite the kingdom and live happily ever after. Because Martins that good a writer....

It'd be pretty funny if a painfully long fantasy book obsessed with cynically subverting the genre lurched into cliché in the final act. We'd all have been massively trolled by an old man.

cpr
    ... its what you least expect, so in a way, its bound to happen.

You heard it here first folks

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Yeah, because if he dies, then he can't go South, marry the blonde, unite the kingdom and live happily ever after. Because Martins that good a writer....
    Oh Jon might certainly die before the end - and I think he is the one that was promised - so I think he WILL die. But he's not dead yet. All that stuff about wargs and resurrections and all that? Nah he's not dead. I'd bet money on that. He's in ghost.

As long as Little Finger lives to see the end, I will be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    As long as Little Finger lives to see the end, I will be happy.
    I'm curious as to why you prefer him over other intelligent, resourceful, and of course manipulative characters such as the Eunuch or Tyrion. Personally while I admire Littlefinger's shrewdness, I blame him for causing the most harm to the Starks. It was because of him that Ned got involved in the "game" to begin with. Littlefinger manipulated Lysa into killing her husband and blaming it on the Lanisters. Hence, Ned was in a collision path with CerseI because of Littlefinger. And of course, it was Littlefinger that betrayed Ned and had him captured. That's just SOME of his misdeeds.

AN, I'm definitely hoping he gets his head chopped off at the end!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information