Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: A song of Ice and Fire (Spoilers)

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Ciarin Hinds should have sung The Last of the Giants during the battle last episode. Maybe when one giant died and Mag lifted the gate. He can sing and it would fit Mance's character

Just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    It would be weird if Stannis doesn't arrive at the wall next episode...how exactly else would they end the battle? Episode 10 will probably have Jon becoming the Lord Commander.
    Will become the commander on the first episode of the next season imo. Can see them building up the voting scene to set the tone for the next season.

Oh man, I just realised that it's Father's Day in the States.

Happy Father's Day, Tywin!
    Fusion, Flem274*, Bahnz and 1 others like this.

So, uh, anyone want to talk about the changes to the Tyrion scenes?

Because they be massive.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Yea, the conversation between Jaime and Tyrion really sets them both up for a very long time....it completes Tyrion's descent and it makes Jaime question everything. I loved the episode, but I'm a little shocked they kept that conversation out...
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Yeah indeed. Tyrion's mental state keeps going back to the wherever whores go riposte that Tywin gives him too, not sure how they'll handle that.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Tyrion is probably the most popular character in the show, and after he breaks up with Jamie in the book he becomes a fairly unlikable dick until he finds redemption in Penny.

I dunno how well being a surly ****head for 6 episodes would have done on the show.
    Direbirds FTW!

Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

It'll still happen to an extent, though. It's too large a part of his character development to be completely ignored.

International Debutant Cruxdude's Avatar
    They will just replace that with grieving about killing Shae I guess. Reintroducing that first wife would have probably been too much effort.

meh episode. changing the way jaime and tyrion parted is a big change since if they ever meet i don't see how they can just gloss it over, and they ruined their best chance at a big shock moment with stoneheart.

at least tyrion and tywin didn't get the ending scene. kings landing politics are secondary to the real conflict and the real story in the north.
    Last edited by Flem274*; 16-06-2014 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    Will become the commander on the first episode of the next season imo. Can see them building up the voting scene to set the tone for the next season.
    I was right.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    meh episode. changing the way jaime and tyrion parted is a big change since if they ever meet i don't see how they can just gloss it over, and they ruined their best chance at a big shock moment with stoneheart.

at least tyrion and tywin didn't get the ending scene. kings landing politics are secondary to the real conflict and the real story in the north.
    Yeah, I was anticipating a stoneheart reveal at the end of this episode. Not sure how they'll roll that one out next year. Disagree about it being a meh episode though...you we're just hoping that we weren't going to have to put up with an entire extra season of "Tramping with Brienne and Pod".

Jaime and Tyrion parting the best of buddies is a mistake in my opinion. It makes Tyrion's subsequent murder of Shae and Tywin both more shocking and less believable. I get that Tysha hasn't been mentioned since season 1, but I felt like it could've been done fairly easily if they'd laid a bit of ground work earlier in the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

For people upset at the way the show is heading compared to the books.
    Last edited by James; 16-06-2014 at 02:18 PM. Reason: removing image due to the filter

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    Yeah, I was anticipating a stoneheart reveal at the end of this episode. Not sure how they'll roll that one out next year. Disagree about it being a meh episode though...you we're just hoping that we weren't going to have to put up with an entire extra season of "Tramping with Brienne and Pod".

Jaime and Tyrion parting the best of buddies is a mistake in my opinion. It makes Tyrion's subsequent murder of Shae and Tywin both more shocking and less believable. I get that Tysha hasn't been mentioned since season 1, but I felt like it could've been done fairly easily if they'd laid a bit of ground work earlier in the season.
    yeah in retrospect it was a good ep. i just got sucked in by the hype machine the show runners had because despite what they say, that wasn't the best episode ever. it was a solid 6 or 7 that could have been higher.

the jon/mance/stannis and arya/hound/brienne bits were my favourite parts.

Looking forward to the Wall stuff so much now.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread Information