Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: News of the World: The End

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar

News of the World: The End

News Of The World: This Sunday Last Ever Issue After Phone Hacking Scandal At Tabloid | UK News | Sky News

NOTW publishes for the final time this Sunday. Looks like there was no coming back from all of these allegations, which I would imagine are pretty much going to be conclusively confirmed.

Some are saying that News International are doing this to help their chances of the Sky deal going through but you have to wonder how the paper would have recovered from it anyway. Hacking a dead girl's phone, grieiving families phones and whoever else, repulsive.

I just hope those responsible are happy for the hurt they have caused and the jobs they have cost; some people at that paper were just making an honest living after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Good riddance to bad ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Pinball Champion!
    What I want to know is, if a rag can hack into peoples phones, than can absolutely anybody do so? Could the police for example? :nervous:
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

I wonder if this will have any knock-on effect on The Sun (which will apparently now be published on a Sunday )

Sun should have been shut down after Hillsborough, ****s

I wonder if this will have any knock-on effect on The Sun (which will apparently now be published on a Sunday )

Sun should have been shut down after Hillsborough, ****s

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    What I want to know is, if a rag can hack into peoples phones, than can absolutely anybody do so? Could the police for example? :nervous:
    Anybody can, but it's obviously illegal to do so.

As I understand most people don't bother setting a password or number for their viocemail, so it doesn't take Turing to crack it. All you need is the person's number, which can be procured from acquaitences or (in Milly Dowler's case) der filth for cash money.

Anyway, won't shed any tears for the NOTScrews. Have always thought it morally dubious at best, but this moved the papers into the "active force for evil" category.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Pinball Champion!
    We'd still be putting up with Aamer and Asif in cricket if the rag didn't exist though.. What they did was completely illegit here though

Never been so happy to be stealing Sky Sports.
    Every 5 years we have an election and have to decide who are the least obnoxious out of all the men. Then one gets in and they age really quickly. Which is always fun to watch.

jan
    I dont see anything extraordinary on this case. Its only that these guys got caught.
    Its not fine obviously but let us not fool ourselves it was the only newspaper/tv station doing this.

A friend of mine works in an electronic forensic company and claims there is nothing easier than hacking a phone. And he says its getting easier as more and more smartphones and such are sold...which is the main reason this stuff is sold he alway adds

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Total ****s, but I suspect this is only the tip of the iceberg and we'll never find out quite the extent to which this kind of thing went on.

I wonder how it'll affect David Cameron's reputation, bringing Andy Coulson into Downing street was a pretty epic balls-up.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    A friend of mine works in an electronic forensic company and claims there is nothing easier than hacking a phone. And he says its getting easier as more and more smartphones and such are sold...which is the main reason this stuff is sold he alway adds
    I better tell a friend to stop telling me every time he rocks up at work with an ounce of Swazi then..

Pinball Champion!
    Is this a big enough **** up to ensure the closure of a paper thats been running for 168 years?

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Is this a big enough **** up to ensure the closure of a paper thats been running for 168 years?
    Amongst everything else, interfering with a murder investigation? I'd say so.
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

Pakistani cricket players rejoice.

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information