Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pakistan Naval Base Under Attack

International Debutant salman85's Avatar

Pakistan Naval Base Under Attack

Karachi naval base: Pakistan troops fight militants at Karachi naval base - latimes.com

Horrible stuff.I have a friend from work who lives on the Airforce base,which is right next to the naval base.He was at my place last night,and the explosion at the base's main gate took place only seconds after he had just entered.He's safe though.But i just spoke to him and he could hear heavy firing all night long,at a distance of only around 500-600 meters from the residential area on the Airforce base.Another guy that i knew in the indirectly,in the Navy, was on Patrol last night,and he expired on the spot.

The gunfire is still going on,and the Army started a commando action last night.But the base is huge,which makes the job of our forces even tougher.They've kept some Chinese officers on the base as hostages,military assets being blown up...Horrible,horrible stuff.

For the record,i don't think Bin Laden's death has anything to do with this.The targets here are our military assets.
    Last edited by salman85; 22-05-2011 at 11:16 PM.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Umm, why aren't the blokes in the Navy like, out there at the airforce base helping to kick arse?
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    navy personal aren't trained to fight ground missions iirc

Yeah i think that's the primary reason.With the large Army that we have,i would be very surprised if the Airforce or Navy officials go through anything more than some very basic ground battle training.
    Last edited by salman85; 22-05-2011 at 11:28 PM.

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    Navy guys: "Oh look, they invading us on the land over there...can't shoot em, i'm not trained to fire a weapon unless I'm on a boat"

Sorry. That's just how the "not trained for land combat" thing struck me.
    Parmi

Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    (that's exactly how you were meant to take it)

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Wait what? How the hell did a whole damn military base get taken over by a bunch of people with rifles? That doesn't make ANY sense. You can't take over a military base with only rifles (no heavy artillery, tanks...let alone air support) if you had a 1000 men...let alone 20. What they forgot to give the people in the base any guns? Or a functioning door? The mere layout and built of a military base is generally going to withstand attacks by few dudes with guns. Hell, even without guns, can't you just hole up and call someone for...I don't know...support? Like a helicopter? A tank? A bunch of guys with guns and a mortar?

Unless these are literally the worst trained armed forces personnel on the planet, something isn't right.
    Last edited by silentstriker; 23-05-2011 at 12:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

You make it sound so simplistic.

I guess you think the US forces were the worst trained on the planet too after letting passenger aircrafts crash into some of their most important locations,without any intervention from their Air Force?

Military bases can be broken into,and this is not the first or last time something like this will happen.There was an explosion at the main gate of the base,and judging by the sheer size of the place,it would not be difficult for 10-15 people to enter the area throuigh different places after the mayhem created in one place.

After they get in,you can send in 5000 army personnel if you want,but it would be very easy for 10-15 people to hide because the place is huge.They could be anywhere.It's not like all 15 would be sitting in one place playing Poker.They would be completley disbursed around the base.

And no.The Pakistan military is one of the based trained ones in the world.If things were as simple as you put them,then surely they would have been used.But newsflash : They arent that simple.
    Last edited by salman85; 23-05-2011 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by salman85 View Post
    You make it sound so simplistic.

I guess you think the US forces were the worst trained on the planet too after letting passenger aircrafts crash into some of their most important locations,without any intervention from their Air Force?
    Yea you're right. The passenger airliners were in fact military bases full of armed military personnel and whose sole purpose is that they are bases from which attacks can be launched and from where enemy assaults can be defended.

If the place is huge, how did 15 guys take it over in the first place? Did they have tanks? Artillery? Maybe a helicopter gunship as air cover? Somehow I doubt it.

It's just too implausible to believe it could simply be taken over like that. There had to have been some inside help.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    The identities of the 15 blokes who are holding a military district with 15,000 personnel at bay have been revealed as follows:

John Rambo
    John McClane
    Clark Kent
    Bruce Wayne
    Ivan Drago
    Rocky Balboa
    James Bond
    Bruce Lee
    Chuck Norris
    Neo
    Alan "Dutch" Schaefer
    John Matrix
    The Terminator
    The Universal Soldier
    Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    The identities of the 15 blokes who are holding a military district with 15,000 personnel at bay have been revealed as follows:

John Rambo
    John McClane
    Clark Kent
    Bruce Wayne
    Ivan Drago
    Rocky Balboa
    James Bond
    Bruce Lee
    Chuck Norris
    Neo
    Alan "Dutch" Schaefer
    John Matrix
    The Terminator
    The Universal Soldier
    Wolverine
    And Chuck Norris had already finished the job when the other 14 blokes turned up.
    'It seems that perfection is attained, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away.'

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    It's just too implausible to believe it could simply be taken over like that. There had to have been some inside help.
    That's what I thought when I first heard of the attack. Inconceivable that something of this magnitude can happen without any inside help.

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    I agree with Blaze and SS, these bastards are getting inside help. I don't understand why military personnel would help TTP to kill their own people, unless the TTP has infiltrated the military.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information