Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In ten years time

In ten years time

Where do you predict you will be in ten years time. Surely none of you will still be posting by then.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Hopefully, working as a professional journalist.

As for the 10 year comment - who knows? We could be bigger than cricinfo - we've done remakably well to get where we are in under 2 years.

Regardless, I've been part of Cricket Web since I opened and see no reason why that would change in the future

Hopefully I will get to travel the world like I am hoping to do next year. Who knows, champion Tour de France cyclist, just a plain cyclist or a long distance runner. I'm told I have the fitness level to run to Melbourne, so I might just do that!

Or maybe I will finally get off my arse and get my learner permit. I'm 18 and I still havent learnt to drive. Mind you, Ricky Ponting didnt get his licenise till last year.

Rik
    Me? Hmmm hopefully still playing cricket, still playing bass having written some of the oddest songs you'll hear written on a bass guitar...

Really in 10 years I just hope I'm happy, happily with someone I love, stuff like that

*soppy soppy*
    "Age is just a stupid number"

20...that's a rather big number :(:(:(

Rik
    Originally posted by Craig
    Or maybe I will finally get off my arse and get my learner permit. I'm 18 and I still havent learnt to drive. Mind you, Ricky Ponting didnt get his licenise till last year.
    The rules are probably different over there, but I didn't pass my Test till I reached 20, a year after I started learning to drive.

Rik

Re: In ten years time

Where do you predict you will be in ten years time. Surely none of you will still be posting by then.
    What about in the next 30-40 years? Eddie's my idol on this one

Originally posted by Rik
    The rules are probably different over there, but I didn't pass my Test till I reached 20, a year after I started learning to drive.
    Well in Queensland you can get your learner licenise at 16.5 years and get your licenise at 17. I only know this as I live in the state.

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    I intend to post until I die/George Bush presses the big red button/CW gets shut down by Rikki Clarke's lawyers.

Also to make a double figure score or take three wickets

That and achieve the Level III coaching award (which would qualify me to run the England women's team..) and be quite close to retirement on an insanely over-paid and under-worked job.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

What I hope -

To be a guitarist in a metal band almost nearing the level of Maiden/Dream Theater. Have a beautiful and really nice wife and a nice home. Still watching cricket. Posting messages in half a dozen forums.

What I SHOULD hope, acc to some people (such as... my parents?) -

To have graduated from IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) and get a decent job which pays well. Have a nice wife and home.
    "D'oh!"

Great thread!

Me. Hmm.... 27 years old. This is what I have to say:
    1. I will be on Earth.
    2. I might be having long hair.
    3. I will have no facial hair.
    4. I will be in search of internal happiness.
    5. I will still be disrespecting women, as the things seem so far.
    6. I will be posting if CW still will rule (Except I don't get kicked out of here.).
    Yaju
    Self Proclaimed World's Greatest 12th Man.

I like wasting homo sapiens' time - like the way I wasted yours just now.

Quote Originally Posted by 5N1p3R j0C|<
    Why are you wasting time your reading others' quotes?
    Quote Originally Posted by DD
    <quack>

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    To be a guitarist in a metal band almost nearing the level of Maiden/Dream Theater. Have a beautiful and really nice wife and a nice home. Still watching cricket. Posting messages in half a dozen forums.
    Hah! With Blind Guardian lyrics in your sig, I picked you as a DT fan right from the start. Welcome!

Mind you, when you're talking Maiden/DT, you are talking vastly different levels of technical expertise!

Personally, I'm a DT fan from way back having been a member on MikePortnoy.com before it went to crap over a year ago. I've been in a few DT-like bands but am now in a band which plays more of your Planet-X stuff in terms of style. And, better yet, I'm a guitarist.

Errrr, anyway in 10 years time I hope to be a professional recording artist and/or making my cricketing comback from obscurity to a decent level of cricket.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Originally posted by Top_Cat
    Hah! With Blind Guardian lyrics in your sig, I picked you as a DT fan right from the start. Welcome!
    Hey great, ur a BG fan too. I thought BG fans were limited to Europe, Brazil, a few Australians and me. Wait! Your Aussie too.

Yeah, DT and IM as different as two great bands can be. I'd like to be able to play like Petrucci if I'm the only decent guitarist in my band or like Adrian Smith if there's someone like Dave Murray.

Too bad u live a "bit" far from my place. Or else we could have jammed sometime.

hmm...in 10 years

Id like to think that i can progress my cricket along to be playing for a County.
    If not my future as a Financial Investment Manager i hope should be secure..

Id like to think i am nolonger active here as i would have surely regained a life:P

But, seriously id expect me to be doing well

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar

Re: In ten years time

Fred Flintoff will have 10,000 Test runs, 350 Test wickets and you'll still not rate him!
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

change that to 5000 and 300!

but surely hell change his view by then!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information