Strange Sex Laws
1. In Lebanon, men are legally allowed to have sex with animals,
but the animals must be female. Having sexual relations with a male
animal is punishable by death. (Like THAT makes sense.)
2. In Bahrain, a male doctor may legally examine a woman's genitals,
but is prohibited from looking directly at them during the examination.
He may only see their reflection in a mirror. (Makes you hope you never need surgery!)
3. Muslims are banned from looking at the genitals of a corpse. This also
applies to undertakers; the sex organs of the deceased must be covered
with a brick or piece of wood at all times. (A brick??)
4. The penalty for masturbation in Indonesia is decapitation. (Whoa!)
5. There are men in Guam whose full time job is to travel the countryside
and deflower young virgins, who pay them for the privilege of having sex
for the first time...Reason: under Guam law, it is expressly forbidden for
virgins to marry.(Let's just think for a minute; is there any job anywhere
else in the world that even comes close to this?)
6. In Hong Kong, a betrayed wife is legally allowed to kill her adulterous
husband, but may only do so with her bare hands. The husband's lover,
on the other hand, may be killed in any manner desired. (Ah! Justice!)
7. Topless saleswomen are legal in Liverpool, England -
but only in tropical fish stores. (But of course!)
8. In Cali, Colombia, a woman may only have sex with her husband,
and the first time this happens, her mother must be in the room to witness the act.
(Makes one shudder at the thought.)
9. In Santa Cruz, Bolivia, it is illegal for a man to have sex with a
woman and her daughter at the same time.
(This was a big enough problem that they had to pass this law?)
10. In Maryland, it is illegal to sell condoms from vending machines with one exception:
prophylactics may be dispensed from a vending machine only "in places where
alcoholic beverages are sold for consumption on the premises."
(Is this a great country or what? ... Not as great as Guam, though!!)