Cricket Player Manager

View Poll Results: Do you support gay marriage?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 69.74%
  • No, but civil unions

10 13.16%
  • No, just unregistered co-existance

1 1.32%
  • No, ban homosexuality!

3 3.95%
  • Gay? Isn't that a synonym for happy?

9 11.84%
Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay marriage views?

Gay marriage views?

Not sure if we have a thread on this already, but meh.

What are your views on gay marriage? Support or oppose? Endorse civil unions? Etc?
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

"Your averages, captain, coaches and players can probably survive incompetence over a relatively short series, so if youíre going to be rubbish, make sure itís against Pakistan, Sri Lanka, New Zealand or someone."

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    The political spectrum is constantly shifting to the left, so while conservative people can't fathom the idea of gay marriage now, in 30 years all of our kids will be wondering what the hell the fuss was, and will instead be fighting to allow marriage between dogs and horses.

That's what you really need to watch out for. By the time that comes around, if you're still opposing canine/equine matrimony, you're going to be the cantankerous old geezer.
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

You have to watch out though. If we illegalise gay marriage, sooner or later we're going to have to illegalise all marriage.

It's a slippery slope, you know.

cpr
    Went to a civil ceremony last summer, was my old managers do. Brilliant day, possibly the most entertaining wedding i've been to, and not one drunken fight either.

Might even be the best man at another this year, or chief bridesmaid, I've not check which end of the bed my mate sleeps at

In other words, gay marriage really a non issue for me, so long as I'm not holding a bouquet.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    I don't really understand why this is even an issue. How does it hurt anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    I can't really think of any reasons for someone to be opposed to it, other than being homophobic. If there are, I'd love to hear them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    I don't really understand why this is even an issue. How does it hurt anyone?
    Heard it's pretty sore without the correct application of a suitable lubricant.
    ​63*

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    On a serious note, I really don't understand the whole fuss about not allowing gay couples to marry, yet allow them to have a "civil union" which is marriage in all but name.

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    brilliant, sums it pefectly.

As Phoenix says, there are absolutely no rational reasons for opposing gay marriage, and to be honest, most of the people you find passionately opposing it these days are WBC-style extremist nutcases, anyway. What really bothers me is; Why does it even bother them that two people of the same sex should have the same right to marry as two people of the opposite sex? IT doesn't impinge on their lives, the only reason is nasty small-mindedness. The more you analyse it, the more bizzare opposition towards it appears.
    My Supporting XI: V Sehwag, T Iqbal, S Katich (c), K Sangakkara, S Chanderpaul, E Morgan, S Al Hasan, M Rahim (+), G Swann, D Steyn, Z Khan

In the UK at least a civil union has exactly the same rights as a marriage but was not called as such as a sop to mad people in Kent who read the Daily Mail.

It's a complete non-issue, all the arguments against gay marriage are of the "homosexuality; eeuww" variety.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Casson View Post
    and will instead be fighting to allow marriage between dogs and horses.
    I guess they'll have to build bigger starting boxes at the dog tracks...

For it.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    I voted yes allow it. Not really an issue for me. I was thinking about playing devils advocate just to spark some life into this thread but can't think of any good reasons against it.

I guess you could quote the Bible at a stretch which has some anti gay passages so that would be the argument if I was to make one. We had a heated debate at a bible study over gay issues once. Some fundamentalists who don't want to question the bible and its modern relevancy have plenty they can draw upon in making anti gay arguments. If you are not religious then this argument wouldn't hold any weight for you either.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Yea, I don't think anyone on this forum will be against it. I doubt many sane, educated people are either, unless their religious nuts as mentioned above.

So to play Devils Advocate...I'm against it.

Should be good practice for Debate club.

Let's begin.

Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information