View Poll Results: Do you support gay marriage?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    53 69.74%
  • No, but civil unions

    10 13.16%
  • No, just unregistered co-existance

    1 1.32%
  • No, ban homosexuality!

    3 3.95%
  • Gay? Isn't that a synonym for happy?

    9 11.84%
Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Results 496 to 510 of 644

Thread: Gay marriage views?

  1. #496
    International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    12,520
    Haha indeed. There's an entire tinier island devoted to training fresh recruits because we simply don't have the space on the mainland.

  2. #497
    International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    away from the palms
    Posts
    6,315
    Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    The pay in Singapore isn't all that great even for highly qualified expats. The tax rates however are pretty damn good. Lot in the pocket.
    Weird, would've thought it would've been quite highly taxed seeing how much stuff the government controls.
    Exit pursuing a beer

  3. #498
    Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,553
    Quote Originally Posted by wellAlbidarned View Post
    Weird, would've thought it would've been quite highly taxed seeing how much stuff the government controls.
    I'm assuming corporate and personal tax rates are kept low in order to attract foreign investments and human capital.

    But I've heard there are many hidden expenses and implicit taxes, which they are able to enforce since a good amount of local business are government owned. Although, I don't know how much truth there is to that.

  4. #499
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37,686
    Anti-gay marriage marchers protest all over France

    France? Really? Would have thought support for it in France would be easily higher than Maryland or Maine or whatever. But it does look like it'll pass, so that's good news.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

    How the Universe came from nothing


  5. #500
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    23,066
    Quote Originally Posted by wellAlbidarned View Post
    Weird, would've thought it would've been quite highly taxed seeing how much stuff the government controls.
    Singapore's dirty little secret. Doesn't need the cash because it's financed and run by organised crime, mostly massive Chinese 'corporate interests' (read: Triads). Like the Comorra in Sicily, so well integrated with government services that, well, you'd probably not call it a problem, lots of cash pouring in from finance scams which only run outside the country.
    The Colourphonics

    Bandcamp
    Twitderp

  6. #501
    International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    12,520
    Wut.

  7. #502
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    All Glory To The Nev
    Posts
    32,500
    shut your mouth you Triad ****
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

    With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

  8. #503
    International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    12,520


    I'd be careful with the name calling if I were you..

  9. #504
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    23,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Wut.
    Not seriously going to deny it?

  10. #505
    International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    12,520
    I have absolutely no knowledge of this so I can't really have an opinion on it.

  11. #506
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    23,066
    Truthfully, not many do, unless you're involved (even then, usually if you're Chinese). Like I said, it's a hard argument to make that it's a 'problem' per se because most of the criminal activity occurs outside of Singapore's borders. The integration with government, law enforcement, etc. is so complete that it's barely even criminal activity any more, just the way things are done.

    Trace these ****s and their activities back to HK and the picture changes dramatically. Relative to other organised crime, info is scant, second-hand, etc. Informants with detailed info are incredibly rare so the true extent of activities is assumed rather than known for sure. Everyone is paid well and they're just too good to make mistakes which can hang them.

    EDIT: I would discourage anyone living there from asking about it, tbh.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 17-11-2012 at 07:00 PM.

  12. #507
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    I enjoy having the option to rate the toilet upon exiting it at Changi airport.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

    Thanks.

  13. #508
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    All Glory To The Nev
    Posts
    32,500
    aw **** top_cat just had Daemon killed

  14. #509
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    All Glory To The Nev
    Posts
    32,500


    we're through the looking glass

  15. #510
    International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    12,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Truthfully, not many do, unless you're involved (even then, usually if you're Chinese). Like I said, it's a hard argument to make that it's a 'problem' per se because most of the criminal activity occurs outside of Singapore's borders. The integration with government, law enforcement, etc. is so complete that it's barely even criminal activity any more, just the way things are done.

    Trace these ****s and their activities back to HK and the picture changes dramatically. Relative to other organised crime, info is scant, second-hand, etc. Informants with detailed info are incredibly rare so the true extent of activities is assumed rather than known for sure. Everyone is paid well and they're just too good to make mistakes which can hang them.

    EDIT: I would discourage anyone living there from asking about it, tbh.
    Wow, you seem to know quite a bit..

    So top_cat, what did you say your full name was again?

Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Marriage
    By Pratters in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 231
    Last Post: 31-03-2010, 12:18 AM
  2. Neutral Views
    By roseboy64 in forum Ashes 2009
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-06-2009, 07:25 AM
  3. Why I'm Against Gay Marriage...
    By Matteh in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 396
    Last Post: 23-04-2008, 07:22 AM
  4. Most Disappointing Team?
    By Waughney in forum ICC Champions Trophy 2004
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 14-09-2004, 12:13 PM
  5. Views on CWC99 game (cricket world cup 99)
    By san769 in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2002, 09:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •