View Poll Results: Do you support gay marriage?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    53 69.74%
  • No, but civil unions

    10 13.16%
  • No, just unregistered co-existance

    1 1.32%
  • No, ban homosexuality!

    3 3.95%
  • Gay? Isn't that a synonym for happy?

    9 11.84%
Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 644

Thread: Gay marriage views?

  1. #316
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,744
    If a member of the forum repeatedly referred to you as a wanker, would you not take offence, smali? It's statistically very likely that you are in fact a wanker - probably just as likely if not more than the chance of a gay man being a cock sucker - but if anyone called you such a thing it'd be done to insult and demean you, so I'm sure you wouldn't like it.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

  2. #317
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    21,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    If a member of the forum repeatedly referred to you as a wanker, would you not take offence, smali? It's statistically very likely that you are in fact a wanker - probably just as likely if not more than the chance of a gay man being a cock sucker - but if anyone called you such a thing it'd be done to insult and demean you, so I'm sure you wouldn't like it.
    so basically this is the premise right?

    And I did not deny that this could be the reason.

    But every time I called somebody a cock sucker will it always be demeaning?
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

    Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

  3. #318
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37,897
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    Nope. The problem seems to stem from the fact that you are so arrogant to think that just because you think in a certain way then everybody will think that way.

    Just help me out by staying clear for starters
    You asked a question about why you shouldn't call people names. Then you admitted that you would call a woman a ********** and wouldn't find that insulting. Most people, regardless of culture, would say that something like that is a fundamental lack of civility. I don't quite understand why it's arrogant for me to think you shouldn't be calling people '**********s', '********', 'cripples', etc.
    Last edited by silentstriker; 26-10-2012 at 12:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

    How the Universe came from nothing

  4. #319
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37,897
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    so basically this is the premise right?

    And I did not deny that this could be the reason.

    But every time I called somebody a cock sucker will it always be demeaning?
    If you say it, to a gay guy: yes.


  5. #320
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    21,768
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    If you say it, to a gay guy: yes.
    ok, so to take an example, everybody who uses the n word for black people in the US (not spelling out the word here just in case I get infracted) is using it in a demeaning way in every situation?

  6. #321
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37,897
    Depends on who uses it and in what context. That's why I said it's an insult when you say it.

  7. #322
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    21,768
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Depends on who uses it and in what context. That's why I said it's an insult when you say it.
    meaning? Anybody else can say it but I can't say it?

  8. #323
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    32,623
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Yup as in you know a lot about the sex lives of every gay person you meet or yup as in you'd call a woman that?

    So I guess you call anyone who is missing an arm or a leg a 'cripple' every time you see them, or someone with Down syndrome '********' whenever you talk to them.

    Your problem seems to have nothing to do with calling anyone a '**********', your issue is about how to interact with other people as human beings. I'm not sure how to help you there.
    Nail on head.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +


    get ready for a broken ****in' arm

  9. #324
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37,897
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    meaning? Anybody else can say it but I can't say it?
    Meaning, I can't imagine you using that term in anything but a homophobic way, so no, you can't say it.

  10. #325
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    21,768
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Meaning, I can't imagine you using that term in anything but a homophobic way, so no, you can't say it.
    ok, so YOU think that I can only use this term in a homophobic way and hence I can't use it.

    Great. Thanks for your help.

  11. #326
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37,897
    Yea, that's what I think. Hey, you're the one that asked me....don't ask if you don't want an answer.

  12. #327
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    21,768
    I am just being grateful to you for giving me your answer.

    When did I say I didn't want an answer

  13. #328
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37,897
    In that case, you're welcome.

  14. #329
    International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Posts
    14,478
    This thread is so gay.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.


    Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

  15. #330
    International Coach Hurricane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Posts
    10,060
    I don't think Smali warranted an answer here.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Marriage
    By Pratters in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 231
    Last Post: 31-03-2010, 12:18 AM
  2. Neutral Views
    By roseboy64 in forum Ashes 2009
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-06-2009, 07:25 AM
  3. Why I'm Against Gay Marriage...
    By Matteh in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 396
    Last Post: 23-04-2008, 07:22 AM
  4. Most Disappointing Team?
    By Waughney in forum ICC Champions Trophy 2004
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 14-09-2004, 12:13 PM
  5. Views on CWC99 game (cricket world cup 99)
    By san769 in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2002, 09:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •