View Poll Results: Do you support gay marriage?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 69.74%
  • No, but civil unions

10 13.16%
  • No, just unregistered co-existance

1 1.32%
  • No, ban homosexuality!

3 3.95%
  • Gay? Isn't that a synonym for happy?

9 11.84%
Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay marriage views?

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    I don't care what people say, if it was legal to kill someone where I lived and I did it, and someone said to me 'that's murder!' I'd reply with 'No sir, no it is not'.

Simple as.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    If you thought it was murder, wouldn't you oppose it no matter who is doing it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    But Capital Punishment is also a form of murder only, is it not ?
    I'm pretty sure this was going somewhere interesting before the pedantic stuff about the definition of murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    I don't care what people say, if it was legal to kill someone where I lived and I did it, and someone said to me 'that's murder!' I'd reply with 'No sir, no it is not'.

Simple as.
    You law abiding citizen you.
    Exit pursuing a beer

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    But Capital Punishment is also a form of murder only, is it not ?
    Well, I'm not sure it is - I think its closer to killing in self-defense rather than killing someone innocent.

However forgetting that for a moment, you mentioned you were pro life for yourself but pro choice for others. Are you pro life for yourself because you think human life begins at conception or for another reason? Because if you believe the former, then I don't see how you can be pro choice for others because then you are effectively saying that it's ok for other people to murder their children because it's "their business. "

Now I don't believe that a random fertilized cell is a human child but if I did, I would oppose abortion with the same fervor that I see many protesters an picketers doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

The only caveat being that in many ways a pregnancy is a parasitic relationship between the mother and the embryo so you'd have to balance the right of one to survive vs the right of the other to not be put in a dangerous situation for nine months.

Thankfully, I don't buy the premise so I don't have to wrestle with this .

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    you mentioned you were pro life for yourself but pro choice for others. Are you pro life for yourself because you think human life begins at conception or for another reason? Because if you believe the former, then I don't see how you can be pro choice for others because then you are effectively saying that it's ok for other people to murder their children because it's "their business. "

Now I don't believe that a random fertilized cell is a human child but if I did, I would oppose abortion with the same fervor that I see many protesters an picketers doing.
    Well to be honest, I don't know what I believe in this case. May be I believe that some sort of life does originate at conception or at least few weeks after conception when we find out. Obviously, personally in such situations, there are a lot of emotions attached and I don't think I would consider it moral to have an abortion in my personal situation but that's my personal choice and personal values. And fortunately such things in life are not so cut and dry for me. Normally you find out about the baby in about 6-8 weeks and I do think there are signs of life in the fetus.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    I'm pretty sure this was going somewhere interesting before the pedantic stuff about the definition of murder.
    From "Sanctity of Life" point of view why is capital punishment not murder ?

Because (I assume) those you're talking of who hold the "Sanctity of Life" viewpoint but support the death penalty are full of **** and contradicting themselves, end of.

Calls for gay marriage to be on election agenda - National - NZ Herald News

Should be happening pretty soon here, been an unreasonably ignored issue for too long.

Never quite understood the idea of the Sanctity of Life, and it makes less sense the more I think about it.

Washington state lawmakers pass gay marriage bill - Yahoo! News

Slowly but surely! 7 down, 43 to go . It'll happen!

My views, pretty much: Matt Albie - Civil Unions.wmv - YouTube

[Maryada] Gaurav/Karan- Part 1 [English subs] - YouTube

WTF? Semi serious treatment of an actual gay relationship on Indian television? This was from last year and I have to admit I am completely shocked. I would have laughed in your face if you told me this happened or would happen anytime soon.

Very rarely have I been so happy to be wrong. I've never watched the show (I don't really watch any Hindi shows) but even if it was a single episode - good for them! That's extemely brave - the country is changing faster than I ever thought possible.

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Read the following in Quadrant:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Michael Giffin (who also happens to be an Anglican Priest)
    ...changing the Marriage Act isn't about removing discrimination, its about changing the concept of marriage. It's about erecting a libertarian construct of marriage which - once opposite-sex exclusivity is terminated - opens the way for a variety of post-modern and cross-cultural constructs where marriage can encompass a range of people and sex options: polygamous, polyamorous and polymorphously perverse. It's about changing the concept of parenthood, which undermines the legal recognition of motherhood and fatherhood. This affects the entire community, not just gays and lesbians. Let's not pretend this isn't a slippery slope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Same Guy
    Altering the Marriage Act won't give gays and lesbians rights they don't already have, but it will de-emphasise traditional marriage, which is what advocates of same-sex marriage intend.
    Bull**** (pardon the language). The man is a fool. I don't see how allowing same-sex couples marry results in anything other than Howe's graph on page 1. As much as I need to read critical essays for school, the right-wing **** Quadrant publishes is better served as toilet paper than reading material.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I hate s smith.
    *Quote may or may not read differently in context.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    I read them and smile, because the anti-progress brigade are closer to dying than us and their days of relevance and even ****ing in their oh so sacred traditional marriages are long gone.

We're winning, and they know it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Haha, I love the slippery slope fallacy. That one's a beauty.

Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread Information