No dinner invites so far
Would happily have Sledger, Brumby and duffer round mine on the 16th.
Would have fredfertang, robelinda and Woodster around for educational purposes.
The Cricket Web Podcast - episode 13 out now
We're on iTunes - why not give us a review?
If I was in a position to invite members of CW for dinner I would find four too restricted a number. A dozen (which means I do not even get to be 12th man in the team) sounds much better.
It would still be a difficult task to pick the final eleven plus twelfth man. If I was to set a criteria it might be something like
- A good knowledge and appreciation of the game's history and tradition
- A very good understanding of the technical aspects of the game even if they were not in all disciplines
- A liberal approach by which I mean the biases (which I understand will always be there) are not overtly parochial, country specific or racial (heavens forbid)
- Politeness would be an absolute pre-requisite over all trait.
- Those who have had the privilege of watching, talking to and/or being on a cricket field with cricketers who played before 1965 would be automatically eligible :-)
I would love it if they would come not just for dinner but for the weekend so that we could talk cricket to our heart's content and maybe squeeze in some real cricket between the talk, the booze etc !
That should be fun
Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09
Rejecting 'selection deontology' since Mar '15
'Stats' is not a synonym for 'Career Test Averages'
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
It's like setting your criteria for the team, the openers, pacers, spinners etc. I think I made the mistake of calling it the eligibility criteria.
I would think at least fifty guys could be in the starting short list.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Narrowing to four is hard. I'd have different sets for different situations.
Lunch: Richard, C_C, Scaly and Sanz
High tea with English ****s: sledger, gimh, Mitchell, dav
Beers and betting: heef, Voltman, Athlai, Casson
Dinner: Ed, Burgey, pasag, Cribb
Poker: benchy, fullins, f00lins, smitteh
Boys night out: andy, Jack, Nath, Liam (would give us so much street cred)
Photographizing: SJS, SoC, Craigos
Discourse: SS, Hakon, Jono, Pickup
Sorry to those who missed out on my circle jerk; I love you also.
President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
R.I.P. Fardin & Craig
Would hustle you out of so much money.
Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universeCome and Paint Turtle
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)