Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul - Caistor Town CC U13s 2002 Season

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar

Paul - Caistor Town CC U13s 2002 Season

Don't know if you've seen this yet but these are up on the Caistor Town CC website (http://www.caistortowncc.moonfruit.com/).

Also... how much truth is there in them as I know the U17s ones are full of c**p..

UNDER 13 PLAYER PROFILES

ROSS BARR - A good left handed bat Ross has played at Caistor for a number of years now enjoying success with the bat regularly. He wass on the verge of the county under 11's last season.

HARRY BOULTON - Harry joined Caistor this winter from Grimsby Town. He is a confident batsman/wicket keeper and should do well for the club in 2002. He has been selected for the under 13 district squad for the coming season.

PAUL BRAMWELL - Paul had few opportunities to shine in 2001, but will hopefully be playing regularly for Caistor in the coming season where he should succeed as a patient top order batsman. (* CGS Y8)

JOHN CODD - Having played for the club with older brother Harry since under 11's, John has developed well into a wicketkeeper/batsman and 2001 will be his last before moving up to the under 15's

TIM CUSHNIE - Tim has come on well during the winter nets showing promise as an all rounder. He failed to get a regular place in the under 11's last season but at under 13 level should be a permenant fixture in the side. (* CGS Y7)

FRASER DUNN - Younger brother of Andrew who plays in the under 15's, Fraser has come up from last years under 11's. He has a promising future in the game as an all rounder and the coming season should be his best yet.

TOM FARMERY - Tom has yet to play regular junior cricket at the club, but has shown promise in the winter nets and will feature in 2002.

PETER FEGAN - Peter came to the club at the start of 2001 and played a number of games in the under 11's often as a wicketkeeper/batsman. Peter is keen and will hopefully continue to develop into a good player.

BEN FENTON - Ben's older brother Karl plays for the under 17's, but Ben hasn't yet played a game for the club after joining midway through the 2001 season. He has shown a keen interest in the winter nets though.

DANIEL GIBBS - Having come up from last years under 11's Daniel should feature at under 13 level as a bowler after playing just a handful of games in 2001.

ALFIE GOODE - Another player who has been at the club for a while now and Alfie has enjoyed success mainly with the bat. However in 2002 he might be limited to the games he can play whilst at private school.

PETER GREEN - 2002 will be Peter's last before moving up to the under 15's. He is an accurate left arm medium pace bowler and no mug with the bat.

SCOTT GREGSON - A talented all rounder Scott won the under 13 bowling award in 2001 taking 12 wickets. He has been at the club for a number of years and has a promising future in the game.

DAVID HAYWARD - David joined the club during the 2001 season but failed to get into the under 13 team last season. He is a promising bowler who should do well this time round.

LUKE HILL - A very keen player Luke didn't manage to get a game last season but has tried hard in winter nets and his improvement will hopefully show on the field where he is predominantly a batsman. (* CGS Y8 - I believe this is the only profile worse than mine. Which incidentally, if anyone posts on here they will die )

WILLIAM HOLROYD - William might not have played a game for the juniors yet but has shown keen interest during the winter where he has improved considerably and should feature in 2002.

CHRIS JEFFERSON - Chris represented the county at under 12 level last season and has just missed out on thsi years team although he has been selected for the district side for 2002. He is a talented left handed all rounder who has been successful at the club for a while.

MATTHEW JOHNSON - Matthew had few opportunities last season but will hopefully play in 2002.

CALLUM McGREGOR - A pacy bowler Callum enjoyed a successful season with both the under 11's and under 13's in 2001 where he also represented the county under 12's. He has been selected for the district side this year and just missed out of the under 13 county team.

IAN MARRIS - Ian joined the club after captaining Brigg under 11's in 2001 where he also won the bowling award. Ian is an impressive all rounder who should make an impact for the under 13's in 2002 where he has also been included in the district side. (* CGS Y7 - He must be good to be in the U13 district side)

JAMES MARSHALL - James hasn't played yet for the juniors but has been a regular at nets and will hopefully continue to play and impove in 2002.

RORY MITCHELL - Rory came to the club at the beginning of the 2001 season with brothers Liam and Asa who play at higher levels for the club. Rory enjoyed a successful season with the bat last season for the under 13's and also performed as a part time bowler and stand in wicket keeper when required.

MATTHEW NICHOLSON - Matthew along with younger brother Philip have just joined the club during winter nets. Matthew is a promising right arm bowler and left handed bat.

JAMES PARKER - James has captained the clubs under 11's and under 13's for the past few seasons and has enjoyed great success with both bat and ball which has been rewarded with a place in last years county under 12's and 2002's county under 13's. He is a powerful batsman and unorthodox leg spin bowler.

JAMIE PATTERSON - A keen player Jamie hasn't yet features in the junior teams but his batting has improved over the winter which should see him play regularly in 2002.

JAMES WOOLIAMS - James only managed several games in 2001 but he should be a regular in 2002.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

U19 Cricketer
    Yes Neil these are all true. The Luke Hill one is crazy. It says he is predominantly a batsmen which means he can't bowl for toffee. He calls himself a bowler, when he bowls it bounces twice before it reaches the wickets!
    There's only one Darren Gough!

Two bouncers rule...

Anyway I have an average of 11.09 with the ball over the last two seasons so even if people refuse to rate me I still have the stats. Just don't ask about the batting.

U19 Cricketer
    Why, do you bat like Glenn McGrath?

I wish. :P

1998: 0*-2 (Avg 2.00) - Bowled
    (For the 2, I opened as it was the last game of the season, we were 6/0 after 10 overs, chasing 57 off 20. Fortunately I got out trying to play an attacking shot and we made it.
    1999: 0-0-0-0-0*-4 (Avg 0.80) - Bowled, LBW, Bowled, Bowled, Bowled
    2000: 1*-4* (Avg NA)
    2001: 2*-6 (Avg 8.00) - Bowled

Inns 12, NO 5, Runs 19, HS 6, Ave 2.71

That is, quite tragically, my career record. But it's getting better. Now I just need to stop leaving balls on off stump.

[Edited on 3/29/02 by Neil Pickup]

Regarding next year's school team, do you know of anyone in Y8 or Y7 who can keep wicket with any degree of ability?

Possible side
    V J McCracken RHB
    N D Warmoth (c) RHB LBG
    A D Ottley RHB RFM
    T Bowman RHB RMF
    M R Broughton RHB RM
    P Bramwell RHB (?)
    A S Pickup RHB LMF

+ 4 Y8 Space Fillers or Good Y7s (Ian?)

um...

U19 Cricketer
    Neil, my bowling is RMF.

Is your bowling any good?

And the initial question(s) - can anyone keep wicket, is there anyone good in Y7/8 that I missed?

U19 Cricketer
    My bowling alright. I get it in the right spot almost every time, but I'm not quick enough.

Like most of the rest of the school team then :P More thrashings next year for you lot then...

Can you think of anyone to fill the last 4 places in the team, preferably including a keeper.

I have an interesting wad of statistics regarding last season's Y7 matches now.. you can all have a look at them and point and laugh at the whole team.

I hope there are some good first years or else it will be painful scoring again..

On a separate note, what's Luke Hill's middle initials?

U19 Cricketer
    I don't know Luke's middle initials. There is one good Year 7 called Ian, but I don't know his first name.

You mean you didn't know his last name? It's Marris.

From watching your net practice on Thursday lunchtime I think that you've got a chance of performing reasonably well this season if the top order holds out.

This is what I think the team will be for the opening school game, only picking from players who turned up at practice. And don't read anything into the batting order as I haven't see either you, Ian or Tom bat.

1 Jack McCracken
    2 Nick Warmoth (c)
    3 Paul Bramwell
    4 Adam Ottley
    5 Matthew Broughton
    6 Matthew Warmoth - this is the biggest ? in my mind
    7 Andrew Pickup
    8 Ian Marris - too low? - haven't seen him bat
    9 Ben Treadgold
    10 Tom Spring
    11 Peter Fegan (wkt)

Some of the first years will probably be higher up the order.

Don't read anything into that team, it's just my interpretation of one practice and last year's matches.

U19 Cricketer
    Adam Ottley should come in before me. Ian can bat O.k. but isn't the best with really fast bowling.

Yes, but Adam will be bowling four overs a game probably, and you will be lucky to get a bowl all season (nothing personal it's just our bowling is very strong). Plus you are more defensive than Adam who's more likely to get out with a Ramprakash-like rash shot.

Hmm, given that no-one can bowl really fast in school cricket (or at least out of the teams we played last time - QE Gainsborough have a couple of quick kids - I don't think Ian should have too much trouble. I will leave him at 8 because he's likely to bowl often and get wickets with people swinging across the line. Mark my words - he'll get 10+ wickets for school this season.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information