Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul - Caistor Town CC U13s 2002 Season

Cricket Web Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Ten off one over... oh dear.

Well, at least that means at least one person has had a worse first over of the season for Caistor then.

I wonder whether there will be many comments forthcoming from him at nets tomorrow lunchtime (weather permitting...) Hope it's on, I'll need something to laugh at after three hours of French exam :P.

Oh yeah, Andy's playing for the Y9s tomorrow as well. Told you they were desperate! At least that means you'll have a high quality scorebook. 192 balls without a single error on Monday .
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Hmm... Three Runs off Sixteen Overs plus 32 Extras. That is the worst I have ever seen. Full Stop. Bar None.

U19 Cricketer
    Worse than England?
    There's only one Darren Gough!

Yes. And you and Matt Warmoth are more boring that Shivnarine Chanderpaul.

U19 Cricketer
    You try hitting balls ten foot outside off stump!

I'm playing for the year nines again on Thursday. Against Yarborough!

U19 Cricketer
    Not as bad as Luke Hill!

I would have at least made an effort! What was there to lose?

You should have stood 3m outside off stump if they kept bowling there. Then you could have pulled the straight ones.

U19 Cricketer
    Straight ones! What's one of those!

U19 Cricketer
    We've only got nine players! Will probably still stuff 'em!

Barring it pelting it down... Gotta love torrential rainstorms, haven't you?

Anyway, just a thought here. What would we manage if we combined CYS and CGS and created a combined Caistor U13 side?

John Codd
    Solid batsman and reasonable wicketkeeper - can bowl if needed too
    Matthew Broughton
    Could build on a club and school opening partnership with Codd, solid bat and can be called upon to bowl
    Nick Warmoth (c)
    Well... in the county side for his bowling, which both takes wickets and is economical, and the batting's not half bad either
    Ross Barr
    Big score for district, left handedness provides variety and also can bowl
    Adam Ottley
    Solid, economical opening bowler and can hit big scores quickly in Flintoff style
    Paul Bramwell
    Provides stability in the middle order, and can bowl if the situation is really desperate
    Jack McCracken
    Useful Number 7, can hit the runs when needed and his bowling is better than it was last year too
    Ian Marris
    In the district side for bowling a year early so is bound to produce the goods soon.. has done at nets, now for the middle - and not many school teams would have someone with this degree of batting talent at 8
    Ryan Heseltine (wkt)
    Batting has improved leaps and bounds of late and his wicketkeeping is definitely on the up as well - just some work needed on holding the catches and easily #1 keeper
    Michael Green
    Haven't really seen him play - but supposed to be good, isn't he?
    Andrew Pickup
    Useful bowler, left arm provides variety but needs to break the 'curse' of his school bowling average - settling in nicely to the family batting position

I think that that team could really make an impact in next year's County Cup if some co-operation could be created, and if we're working with Yarborough we can use their nets in winter .

Batting goes down in reasonable strength to 8, plus the last 3 aren't incompetent.

Bowling - The whole team can bowl if needed, and there is quite deep district/county quality in the frontline, plus a lot of good club bowlers.

If only.

U19 Cricketer
    Thanks a lot for the bit about me bowling if the situation is really desperate!

What... We have plenty of strength in the bowling attack in front of you, and plus, your bowling is slow medium at best and has no movement. I could hit you around the ground.

Anyway.. good idea? And how have we managed 41 posts talking about a dysfunctional team?

U19 Cricketer
    And I could probably hit you out the ground with your non-spinning spin!!!

Rubbish! I can actually turn the ball, and on my day can turn the leg breaks huge amounts (I've bowled my brother middle and off after pitching it 60cm+ outside leg) and the googlies can go just as much when I put them in the right place..

It's just the Caistor Nets are too low to get any flight on the ball at all.

Anyway... is the combined team a good idea?!!

Two totally separate points:

1) Ask Harry Boulton about my batting, as he was fetching balls repeatedly tonight (well, once off me anyway.. and I got whacked a bit too, but I did hit some. For once.

2) http://caistor.play-cricket.com/ - probably more aimed at after we get back to school, but I am trying to keep the junior stats up-to-date as possible, so any attempts at corrections/alterations to the junior scorecards that I have tried my best to remember would be most appreciated.

Also, there is the members section and it would be very good if you could get the U13s (at least the U13s at school who use Room 1, anyway - that's, erm, Andy, Luke, er, Peter Fegan, Ian, er, you know who I mean), to register on Play-Cricket as the more people that register, the more chance we have of winning Club of the Year. And CricketWeb could do with some more on the active-member-posting front.. Give it a go.

[Edited on 6/7/02 by Neil Pickup]

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information