Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NRL Finals Thread

State Vice-Captain Umpire Money's Avatar

NRL Finals Thread

The finals are upon us and only 4 weeks until we find out the winner of the year.

Panthers took out the minor premiership, only doing this one other time and taking the premiership that year(their only one)

Roosters had another great year and will be hard to stop after having some tough lead up games and are fully ready

Bulldogs want revenge for last year i think, have been on a mission and i think only those teams ahead of them on the ladder will stop them

Raiders have exceeded expectations and capped it off by beating the bulldogs but then let roosters through. will be tough to beat but crocker is a big lose

Storm went through the year almost without hassle and might be the dark horse if their was one. Probably wont win

Warriors had another good year and will have to put in a big performance against the bulldogs to get through.

Newcastle need to come from 7th and without Johns. wont do it but have played well the last few weeks.

Broncos have been in the worst slump of their team history and probably wont bother the panthers. Need to do something with ikin and gee going.

I think the panthers and roosters(maybe bulldogs) will go through(no bias cause i go for the panthers)
    You have just read a post from Jason Pike, he is what you wish you were

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    broncos will beat penrith for sure. Ikin will have ablinder and will for the whole finals series and make the roo tour, locky, webbers and gordie will step up. tate, devere will go to a whole new level and get brisbane to the title and the first side to win the comp from 8th.
    Other games, raiders should beat melbourne, dogs will beat the warriors and roosters will beat newcastle.
    but remember 7th has beaten 2nd for the past 3 seasons. so its not set in stone.

Tim
    Penrith to beat Broncos
    Warriors to beat Bulldogs
    Roosters to beat Knights
    Raiders to beat Storm

So that means that the Broncos & Knights will drop out.

Im with Tim here i think the only top 4 side to get beat will be the Dogs...

Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!
    The Warriors have peaked at the right time IMO and the Bulldogs might have peaked too early. So it very possible that the Warriors can knock them over.

It'll come down to whether we can smash O'Melley or Mason. These two don't like to get hit, and if Villasanti can land something on one of these two I think we'll win.
    "Matt Damon"

Tim
    I think people are still underrating what the Warriors managed to do last season...they won some extremely close matches in the finals series & having played in the final alot of them should know how much the intensity rises.

I think the scoreline between the Dogs & the Warriors will be by 4 points...but coming off last weekend it was easy to see that the Warriors have more form than the Dogs at the moment.

the bulldogs will win. they will simply want it more. after last years debarcle they will be so fired up NZ wont know what hit em. The dogs will win by 30+.
    they also have a better side all round. they play more as a team than NZ do. Finals footy is all about team work and toughness and the bulldogs have that over the warriors and probably the other 8 sides, with maybe the exception of Canberra.

Tim
    What are you on about?
    "They simply want it more" how can you tell? you don't attend training sessions.

All the top 8 sides want it as badly as each other.

Bulldogs were certainties to win the comp last season, but of course they cheated and got punished, but they want it badly now. You will see them go to a whole new level in the finals series i think. The warriors finals series will be over before it got started. Next monday they will be celebrating Mad Monday with newcastle.

Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!
    Originally posted by Tim
    they won some extremely close matches in the finals series
    The Warriors played in three matches in the playoffs

They beat Canberra 32-20, a game that were ahead 32-10 a one point, hence not making it close.
    They then beat the Sharks 16-12 which was close.
    They then lost the final 30-8.

The above statement is wrong. They only won one close match...

Tim
    Sorry I thought the Warriors played 2 games in Australia before the final match.

But yeah, the Sharks match was one that as a team they really dug deep for.

State Vice-Captain Umpire Money's Avatar
    Panthers want it and will win with their attack against brisbane. No team is easy in the finals but penrith probably have the easier team.

Bulldogs i reckon will win just because they will want revenge on last year braith anasta is mean to be coming back as well
    with jones also under an injury cloud should be interesting

Originally posted by broncoman
    Bulldogs were certainties to win the comp last season,
    This comment is ridiculous... There were no certainties at all...
    Yes the Bulldogs were the best team in the season proper but that would put them in the same shoes as Penrith this season but yet Penrith aren't certainties...

I can clearly see someone who is mightily concerned about his team making a very early exit... trying to deflect all the attention to other sides...

haha blewy, bulldogs last year were a 10 times better wide than the 2003 penrith. Bulldogs lost 3 or 4 games all season, they were clearly the best team all season. penrith is completely different, they have been in the top 4 all season but not neccisarily on top.
    Maybe Broncos will lose this weekend, i can deal with that. But honestly i dont think we will. If the boys finally put it together we should beat penrith, the broncos have a much better team than the panthers, even though broncos current lack of form Panthers are probably still dreading this clash. Id much prefer to be playing melbourne (most players have no finals experience) or Newcastle (Without Andrew Johns could still get thrashed).

Tim
    What about the Raiders? most of them don't have much finals experience.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information