Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with Melbourne, Bris, Gold Coast and Sydney music scenes

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Great stuff guys, all very helpful, this.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    What sort of cut we looking at here mate?
    Cut? Of what? CD profits? Get ****ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Got_Spin View Post
    The Arts Factory in Sydney could be an option to play at
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad View Post
    Yeah, that's a good one. Not entirely sure what sort of venue you're after, but in Sydney you could give the Sandringham Hotel, The Basement and the Gaelic Club a go as well. They all book newer bands from time to time (often in the Sandringham's case), and cater to similar genres to you guys.
    Good suggestions, will follow up with them tomorrow. The Sandri would be our most likely I think although nabbing The Basement would be great too. Probably wouldn't get it on a weekend date yet. Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Ding Dong in the city could be an option, I have a mate who has some stuff to do with them and the Tone Deaf online magazine if you're interested.
    Sounds great man. Ask him if he minds being contacted unsolicited and if so, for an email address or number and I'll follow-up with him. Either that or give him mine if he prefers to do it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Yeah, he does. Not sure how much use he'd be though as his stuff sounds comparatively smaller than what TC is after.
    Under no illusions, we're nobodies. But now we have an album so I'm trying to change that. The distribution deal we have is a big help internationally but the label doesn't have much of a network here yet so we're having to do it all ourselves. It's all good, though, just having distribution of our CD in Europe and the US means we're more likely to get grants, sponsorship, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Got_Spin View Post
    Think I've been to one of those.

But yeah, Oxford Arts Factory could be a good place to look into. Would depend how many people you expect to turn up though
    Again, we're nobodies so getting a show together interstate at all is a step for us. It's better to sell-out a small venue than half-fill a larger one.

Plus, aside from playing live, we need to get our CD onto radios. While I'm waiting for the CD's to be finished, we're in limbo a bit + the time they'll take to get from California to here. Once we have physical CD's, it'll help. We'll have tracks up on iTunes, CD's up on Amazon as well as in shopfronts in Europe/US. Just needs a big push and getting out of Adelaide is a must for us. A band like us who does a lot of jamming/improv really needs to build our live rep more than studio I reckon. Dying to do more live playing but Adelaide's gig scene is just so incestuous, not to mention bugger-all venues.

Anyway, thanks again for your help people, just knowing about these places is massive and the more people we talk to over there, the more people we'll be introduced to so it'll snowball hopefully.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    No worries, anytime.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Again, we're nobodies so getting a show together interstate at all is a step for us. It's better to sell-out a small venue than half-fill a larger one.

Plus, aside from playing live, we need to get our CD onto radios. While I'm waiting for the CD's to be finished, we're in limbo a bit + the time they'll take to get from California to here. Once we have physical CD's, it'll help. We'll have tracks up on iTunes, CD's up on Amazon as well as in shopfronts in Europe/US. Just needs a big push and getting out of Adelaide is a must for us. A band like us who does a lot of jamming/improv really needs to build our live rep more than studio I reckon. Dying to do more live playing but Adelaide's gig scene is just so incestuous, not to mention bugger-all venues.
    My mates band played at Oxford Arts Factory, they're pretty **** house and don't have a studio album or anything, and they got a good crowd there for their set. Was only 30 mins from memory though.
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    No worries, anytime.
    Dare you to come along to a gig, bring a ton of friends and heckle us.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Mate, would love to help out on the Gold Coast but am obviously not there at the moment.

There's The Soundlounge and The Neverland Bar near where I'm from, and another place has opened up in Surfer's Paradise recently. The Neverland Bar is a bit bigger than The Soundlounge I think.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Dare you to come along to a gig, bring a ton of friends and heckle us.
    Chicken wings provided?

Depends on whether we're talking f00dz or n00dz, tbh.

Got a few hits at the places you guys have mentioned as well as Red Bennies, The Noise Bar and Bar Open. Anyone know these places well?

Just following up on some Sydney venues as we speak, eastern states tour ahoy!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Came in here simply to say that your new avatar is ****ing amazing. Love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information