Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Facebook

Facebook

Ok, going to get ridiculed here no doubt, but I don't get it. I don't understand why people are on it. I don't understand why people want others to know what's going on in their life, or why they want to know what their friends are up to, when they are not in the same room as them.

I'm depressed because Facebook has become the Berlin Wall between me being up to speed with stuff and old, and I've ended up in East Berlin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Bit of an overreaction to Spudsy's post in the other thread.

Also, are you saying that you are responsible for the wall?
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

International Captain cover drive man's Avatar
    After watching the post of others on facebook I was always tempted to post a status of " *Insert melodramatic attention seeking here* " In the end I decided to just deactivate the account.
    Everyone wants to change the world, noone wants to change himself.

-Tolstoy

Wasn't solely in response to Spudsy's post in the other thread, it's something I find myself thinking everytime someone mentions it.

I'm responsible for the Berlin Wall between me and my youth. But don't we all have a Berlin Wall keeping us from being what we want to be, whether it be shyness, a lack of education or upper body strength, unfortunate facial structure or indeed a large concrete wall reinforced with barbed wire, minefields which is patrolled by fanatical Communist guards with machine guns and Rottweilers?

International Captain cover drive man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Casson View Post
    Also, are you saying that you are responsible for the wall?
    No, that was Pink Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Wasn't solely in response to Spudsy's post in the other thread, it's something I find myself thinking everytime someone mentions it.

I'm responsible for the Berlin Wall between me and my youth. But don't we all have a Berlin Wall keeping us from being what we want to be, whether it be shyness, a lack of education or upper body strength, unfortunate facial structure or indeed a large concrete wall reinforced with barbed wire, minefields which is patrolled by fanatical Communist guards with machine guns and Rottweilers?
    Yes, but only few of us have the cunning and gait of Honecker-esque proportions.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Facebook is annoying, but it's not as bad as ****ing twitter. Anyone who uses twitter should be sealed in a drum and floated out to sea.
    JBMAC likes this.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

vcs
    Hate that Facebook ****. Twitter is even more ****ing horrible, except for that eyepeeyell guy who had me in stitches during the IPL.

Facebook has been a lifeline in connecting to friends and family back home. I’m more in touch with and closer to my long lost cousins/uncles/aunts/friends than before. I can’t tell you how much I would want to attend a family picnic or wedding, but can’t because of the distance. At least through Facebook I get the second-hand feeling of being there through pictures posted or reading chatter from the fam. Closer to home, I’ve been able to find and connect with old high school friends as well. I’m not one to advertise my daily routine and life story on Facebook. But I do use it to keep in touch with people I normally wouldn’t have the chance to interact with often.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Facebook is okay for staying in touch with people

Twitter is okay for following famous people you like and want to see what they have to say

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose
    The internet is a big garbage can

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Facebook has been a lifeline in connecting to friends and family back home. I’m more in touch with and closer to my long lost cousins/uncles/aunts/friends than before. I can’t tell you how much I would want to attend a family picnic or wedding, but can’t because of the distance. At least through Facebook I get the second-hand feeling of being there through pictures posted or reading chatter from the fam. Closer to home, I’ve been able to find and connect with old high school friends as well. I’m not one to advertise my daily routine and life story on Facebook. But I do use it to keep in touch with people I normally wouldn’t have the chance to interact with often.
    This is what it's for ladies and gentlemen.

If you have people posting banal things on your facething, get rid of them.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Yeah, there's the hide button as well if you wanna spare their feelings

Twitter gets a harsh rap. I don't use it all the time but it's great following celebs, politicians etc.

Kanye's tweets are genuinely "wtf hilarious"
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

still scratching around in the same old hole
    Facebook is important to me. I move around a lot and it is a great way to stay in contact with people from all over, Hitting the 'like' button is far easier than sending an email to tell people you are paying attention to what is going on in their life. It isnt a substitute but far better than nothing.

As for Twitter. I dont get it at all. Each to their own I guess.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there will be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Yeah, cos I often find myself thinking, "I wonder what Kanye's thinking at the moment"

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information