Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: Insight required

  1. #1
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Colonies
    Posts
    42,653

    Insight required

    Why is it that, as a general rule, I get along with English people so much better than Australians?

    Genuine question.
    ~ Cribbage

  2. #2
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    23,827
    Can't say I've ever really met an English person I don't like, tbh. But then again I know a whole lot more Aussies, so much more chance to meet ****s.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

  3. #3
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Why is it that, as a general rule, I get along with English people so much better than Australians?

    Genuine question.
    Because you're a **** ****.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

    Thanks.

  4. #4
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Locked inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Posts
    44,421
    Think Candy has it, question of numbers. Plus maybe it's the kind of Englishmen you've met, most cricket fans are crashingly good chaps.

    As I'm sure all English posters would attest, we have a fairly high proportion of arseholes in the general population.
    - As featured in The Independent.

    "Predictably, the ending of his international career did not end the argument about Pietersen's merits, as an army of informed commentators and Piers Morgan weighed in to defend or attack him."
    - The Guardian's Andrew Anthony


  5. #5
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    #7Thompson
    Posts
    47,134
    I think it's also to do with that you come across as quite English, probably something in that. Would explain further but cbf to type on my phone.
    #JFT96
    "I can't promise anyone success but I can promise them a trip to the moon." - John King
    SWA

    RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

  6. #6
    Hall of Fame Member NUFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Marrickville
    Posts
    17,442
    I think that you are still in love with that English girl in your avatar and whenever you chat to another person from England you are reminded of her and want to be friends with them so you have a place to stay when you decide to visit her.

  7. #7
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Colonies
    Posts
    42,653
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think that you are still in love with that English girl in your avatar and whenever you chat to another person from England you are reminded of her and want to be friends with them so you have a place to stay when you decide to visit her.


    Nah, it's something I noticed before I met her.

  8. #8
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Colonies
    Posts
    42,653
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    I think it's also to do with that you come across as quite English, probably something in that. Would explain further but cbf to type on my phone.
    Looking forward to an explanation if you ever get off your phone and have the time tbh.

  9. #9
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Colonies
    Posts
    42,653
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Think Candy has it, question of numbers. Plus maybe it's the kind of Englishmen you've met, most cricket fans are crashingly good chaps.

    As I'm sure all English posters would attest, we have a fairly high proportion of arseholes in the general population.
    Have met quite a few that aren't cricket fans now too though, and it's the same. Including those I've met in person in Australia who are from England originally.

    I just find it a little curious. Wondering if I'll fit in better over there or it's just wishful thinking.

  10. #10
    Hall of Fame Member NUFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Marrickville
    Posts
    17,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post


    Nah, it's something I noticed before I met her.
    Sure, sure.

    Perhaps because you stay up all night every night and spend time chatting away online with English people while sane Aussies are sleeping.

    Also when you say you get along better, do you mean in person or online, you haven't been to England yet hey?

  11. #11
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Colonies
    Posts
    42,653
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Sure, sure.

    Perhaps because you stay up all night every night and spend time chatting away online with English people while sane Aussies are sleeping.

    Also when you say you get along better, do you mean in person or online, you haven't been to England yet hey?
    I've met English people in Australia though. Met a few today that inspired this thread really. I thought it was because it's easier to get along online with people you have a common interest or whatever than in person initially, but I met a few English people in person today and it was the same thing.

  12. #12
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    22,957
    Depends on the answer to several questions, one of which is whether you mentally adjust your behaviour towards people once you find out whether they're from England or Australia. Could be that you getting along better is self-fulfilling if you want be be appealing to English people who are then subsequently more friendly towards you, thus fuelling your positive opinion, etc.

    You social monitoring ****.
    The Colourphonics

    Bandcamp
    Twitderp

  13. #13
    Hall of Fame Member NUFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Marrickville
    Posts
    17,442
    Before I went overseas for the first time I felt as though I got along better with Europeans but like TC says it's because I just found what they said more interesting as a lot of it was new to me.

    When I came back to Oz the first time it was like this too, but it's only because I was having an awesome time o/s to a pretty normal time back here and everything people said here was more predictable then when I was in new exciting places.

    Go overseas mate.
    Last edited by NUFAN; 13-08-2010 at 12:49 AM.

  14. #14
    Global Moderator Matt79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colll----ingggg---woooooodddd!!!!
    Posts
    17,426
    Probably that they are more accepting of your poor personal hygiene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

    Is Cam White, Is Good.

  15. #15
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl;lsFJg/s
    Posts
    27,151
    Because you're a snobby ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 13-11-2009, 08:57 AM
  2. Cricket Player Career game - small help required
    By desetoiles in forum General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-02-2006, 07:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •