Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Insight required

Insight required

Why is it that, as a general rule, I get along with English people so much better than Australians?

Genuine question.
    ~ Cribbage

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Can't say I've ever really met an English person I don't like, tbh. But then again I know a whole lot more Aussies, so much more chance to meet ****s.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Why is it that, as a general rule, I get along with English people so much better than Australians?

Genuine question.
    Because you're a **** ****.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Locked inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Think Candy has it, question of numbers. Plus maybe it's the kind of Englishmen you've met, most cricket fans are crashingly good chaps.

As I'm sure all English posters would attest, we have a fairly high proportion of arseholes in the general population.
    - As featured in The Independent.

"Predictably, the ending of his international career did not end the argument about Pietersen's merits, as an army of informed commentators and Piers Morgan weighed in to defend or attack him."
    - The Guardian's Andrew Anthony

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    I think it's also to do with that you come across as quite English, probably something in that. Would explain further but cbf to type on my phone.
    #JFT96
    "I can't promise anyone success but I can promise them a trip to the moon." - John King
    SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

I think that you are still in love with that English girl in your avatar and whenever you chat to another person from England you are reminded of her and want to be friends with them so you have a place to stay when you decide to visit her.

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think that you are still in love with that English girl in your avatar and whenever you chat to another person from England you are reminded of her and want to be friends with them so you have a place to stay when you decide to visit her.

Nah, it's something I noticed before I met her.

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    I think it's also to do with that you come across as quite English, probably something in that. Would explain further but cbf to type on my phone.
    Looking forward to an explanation if you ever get off your phone and have the time tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Think Candy has it, question of numbers. Plus maybe it's the kind of Englishmen you've met, most cricket fans are crashingly good chaps.

As I'm sure all English posters would attest, we have a fairly high proportion of arseholes in the general population.
    Have met quite a few that aren't cricket fans now too though, and it's the same. Including those I've met in person in Australia who are from England originally.

I just find it a little curious. Wondering if I'll fit in better over there or it's just wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post

Nah, it's something I noticed before I met her.
    Sure, sure.

Perhaps because you stay up all night every night and spend time chatting away online with English people while sane Aussies are sleeping.

Also when you say you get along better, do you mean in person or online, you haven't been to England yet hey?

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Sure, sure.

Perhaps because you stay up all night every night and spend time chatting away online with English people while sane Aussies are sleeping.

Also when you say you get along better, do you mean in person or online, you haven't been to England yet hey?
    I've met English people in Australia though. Met a few today that inspired this thread really. I thought it was because it's easier to get along online with people you have a common interest or whatever than in person initially, but I met a few English people in person today and it was the same thing.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Depends on the answer to several questions, one of which is whether you mentally adjust your behaviour towards people once you find out whether they're from England or Australia. Could be that you getting along better is self-fulfilling if you want be be appealing to English people who are then subsequently more friendly towards you, thus fuelling your positive opinion, etc.

You social monitoring ****.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Before I went overseas for the first time I felt as though I got along better with Europeans but like TC says it's because I just found what they said more interesting as a lot of it was new to me.

When I came back to Oz the first time it was like this too, but it's only because I was having an awesome time o/s to a pretty normal time back here and everything people said here was more predictable then when I was in new exciting places.

Go overseas mate.
    Last edited by NUFAN; 13-08-2010 at 12:49 AM.

Probably that they are more accepting of your poor personal hygiene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Because you're a snobby ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information