Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: LGBT Thread

Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    My theory is, it seriously isn't that important to people unless they are gay themselves or are raging homophobes. Not sad at all, just not a big deal for most people.
    I guess so. I just figured there would be some gay people on the site that might want to talk about issues they face.

Either way, CW is now out and proud.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

RIP Craig

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    I love homosexual people.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Hate the sin love the sinner, eh?

Good on you mate, and I think I know you well enough that you mean that. Many, sadly, don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    Find overtly macho and hetero 'lads' just as annoying as overtly camp people tbh.
    This, so much.
    RIP Craigos

No dramas/issues with LGBT people. They are who they are, and I don't think it makes them any less or any more of a person than Joe Punter (obviously).

What I dislike is insecure people like New Zealand MP Chris Carter instantly defaulting to the "they're picking on me because I'm gay" position whenever they're criticised when it's actually related to their own behaviour, and nothing to do with their sexuality.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Guess I should elaborate then. I believe in what the Bible teaches, as it is God's word. Part of it explains how homosexuality is a sin, sin being things we do that are against God. It also explains, however, how all humans are sinful, myself most definitely included. So while I disagree with homosexuality, as I view it as a sin, it is the same as any other sin, that we all commit.

I have three really close friends who are gay. And I love them, they are great blokes. But I do detest their sinfulness, just as I detest my familiy's, my girlfriend's and my own.

EDIT: Not elaborating to be preachy, or because I want to lock horns. Just sharing what I believe.
    Last edited by Nate; 14-07-2010 at 07:30 PM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    all humans are sinful, myself most definitely included.

Oh yes.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

International Captain cover drive man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    Guess I should elaborate then. I believe in what the Bible teaches, as it is God's word. Part of it explains how homosexuality is a sin, sin being things we do that are against God. It also explains, however, how all humans are sinful, myself most definitely included. So while I disagree with homosexuality, as I view it as a sin, it is the same as any other sin, that we all commit.

I have three really close friends who are gay. And I love them, they are great blokes. But I do detest their sinfulness, just as I detest my familiy's, my girlfriend's and my own.

EDIT: Not elaborating to be preachy, or because I want to lock horns. Just sharing what I believe.

What do we think about homosexuality being used as an insult? The old "You're gay" there was also in my school "you Jew" Not to gays or Jewish people but to each other as insults.
    Everyone wants to change the world, noone wants to change himself.

-Tolstoy

It's not great.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Hey Nath, genuine question. Surely you don't take all of the bible at face value, because there's some pretty horrific stuff in there. Given that you ignore some parts, why are you inclined to believe the stuff about homosexual acts being wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    Find overtly macho and hetero 'lads' just as annoying as overtly camp people tbh.
    Agree with this so very much.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

International Captain thierry henry's Avatar
    Reckon when our society *actually* matures, we'll get to a more advanced stage where these things can be properly discussed and we won't all feel a reactionary compulsion to sing the virtues of men butt-sex0ring each other or spending their life savings on a fake vag etc etc. The "Western World" is currently at a very juvenile stage where it feels it needs to reject its past by going way too far in the other direction.

I say this from my position as an analyst of sweeping societal trends who sits above you all casting judgement btw

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thierry henry View Post

I say this from my position as an analyst of sweeping societal trends who sits above you all casting judgement btw
    While getting no action i might add

Agree with the sentiments of the 'lads' etc needing to prove how straight they are.
    Parmi

Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thierry henry View Post
    Reckon when our society *actually* matures, we'll get to a more advanced stage where these things can be properly discussed and we won't all feel a reactionary compulsion to sing the virtues of men butt-sex0ring each other or spending their life savings on a fake vag etc etc. The "Western World" is currently at a very juvenile stage where it feels it needs to reject its past by going way too far in the other direction.

The fact that I couldn't stifle a chortle at this proves we, or at least I, haven't reached that stage yet.
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Nobody's sang anyone's virtues. The general consensus is that we don't care in the slightest what people do in the privacy of their own homes. We just don't give a flying ****. Why would we? It doesn't affect us even slightly.

If that principle is in place, I don't see what there is left to "discuss". "What's your opinion of gay people?" becomes as blunt a question as, "What's your opinion of people playing golf?"

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information