Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost finale (spoilers)

Lost finale (spoilers)

Thoughts?
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

As I stated in the TV Show thread, I thought it was a great ending to a great show. [Spoiler]I thought the ending was perfect. I've already read some comments online where people seem to be confused about the flash-sideways world's purpose. Call it "pergutory" or what not, but IMO it was a holding place for the castaways to gather and reunite with each other after death. Not all of them died at the same time. As Christian Shepard mentioned, some died before Jack, some after. But the key thing is that the time they spent with each other on the Island was the most important period of their lives. Therefore their "souls" wanted to seek each other and reunite after death. I think that's a beautiful concept. I loved Jack's sacrifice. I think he finally got his redemption with that sacrifice. I also loved all of the "Island Enlightenment" moments that the flash-sideways characters had. Every single one of them was touching, but the highlight to me was Locke's enlightenment and his conversation with Jack afterwards. Locke actually featured in my favorite scene of the finale: His conversation with Ben outside the Church. It was a display of outstanding acting by Emerson and O'Quinn and I must admit to having a lump in my throat after that scene. Anyway, that's my long, drawn-out way of stating that it was a great ending to a great show. I will miss the Island.[/spoiler]

By the way, I'm soooo joining the Facebook page to get Terry O'Quinn and Michael Emerson on The Amazing Race!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    It was all a dog's dream.
    RIP Craigos

School Boy/Girl Captain GraemeSmith's Avatar
    There is no other way to describe this episode other than perfect. The first 2 hours are like a cool action-adventure movie which I was completely into but in the last 30 minutes they take it to a whole new level giving us extremely satisfying character resolutions. I was crying uncontrollably during the last 20 minutes... my roommate thought there was something wrong with me
    [spoiler]When right at the end the dog comes and sits with Jack to make sure Jack doesn't die alone... that is such a wonderful moment. I get misty eyed just thinking about it.[/spoiler]

I feel lucky to be have been able to watch Lost as it aired it is in many ways the Star Wars of my generation (the originals not the prequels). I hear people who grew up in the late 70s 80s talk about how they felt when they first laid their eyes on the star wars movies, I think I finally have an experience equivalent to those watching star wars for the first time. I will miss these characters and I will cherish this show. The end of Lost feels like a good friend who is leaving forever. The finale left so much room of discussion and interpretation to annoyance of many people, but is perfect in my book.
    Last edited by GraemeSmith; 24-05-2010 at 01:28 PM.

Conflicted. I'm pretty satisfied with the on-island ending but I don't know about the alternate reality ending.. seemed a bit too obviously spiritual for how LOST usually goes about things. Usually it gives you some sort of interpretive choice although I suppose that'd cause a lot of complaints in a finale. I'm also still pretty confused over whether it did actually 'work' in the Season 5 finale ('The Incident' iirc) or if the AR was completely independent of that - that's my interpretive choice I guess!

Lots of people on LOST forums are whinging about this secret or that secret not being uncovered but the only thing that bothers me is that the whole Walt thing just fizzled out.

Either way, I'm just shattered it's over.
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 24-05-2010 at 02:38 PM.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I'm also still pretty confused over whether it did actually 'work' in the Season 5 finale ('The Incident' iirc) or if the AR was completely independent of that - that's my interpretive choice I guess!
    My interpretive choice is that the sideways world was completely independent of the “incident” of the bomb exploding. Although it seemed initially that the sideways world was created due to Jughead exploding, I think the two had nothing to do with each other. All that the bomb explosion accomplished was to get the castaways who were stuck in the 1970’s timeline to the current-day timeline. The “incident” also made it necessary for the Hatch to be built, so in effect, Jack caused the very event to take place that he was trying to prevent (as Miles predicted by the way).

Quote Originally Posted by GraemeSmith View Post
    I was crying uncontrollably during the last 20 minutes... my roommate thought there was something wrong with me
    There is.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    My interpretive choice is that the sideways world was completely independent of the “incident” of the bomb exploding. Although it seemed initially that the sideways world was created due to Jughead exploding, I think the two had nothing to do with each other. All that the bomb explosion accomplished was to get the castaways who were stuck in the 1970’s timeline to the current-day timeline. The “incident” also made it necessary for the Hatch to be built, so in effect, Jack caused the very event to take place that he was trying to prevent (as Miles predicted by the way).
    Yeah, I tend to agree. It rocked me a bit though; I was so sure it was caused by the Incident, mainly due to the timing of it and Juliet's "it worked!".

Banned
    I don't see the reason for confusion. The guys made their escape from the Island, went on to live their lives (not shown). then due to their collective will ensured that post their deaths (not shown) they'd all meet up in the same limbo, and from there to the unknown. It's pretty much like an interpretation of judgement day where irrespective of time of death, all people get fast forwarded to judgement day, where they assemble and their verdicts are given. Disappointing to be honest.

Think that was the best two hours of television I've seen in a long time.

It was corny at times, pretty sure a lot of it didn't make any sense, but faaark it was good. Everything from the past six years....just didn't let you go for one second.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Lots of people on LOST forums are whinging about this secret or that secret not being uncovered but the only thing that bothers me is that the whole Walt thing just fizzled out..
    Lost forumz? Really?

Worst ****.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

After two days and two viewings later, I have to say that I'm even more in love with the finale. I think it was as close to perfect as they could've gotten. For all those whining about this mystery not answered or that, they forget that in the end it was all about the characters and their respective growth/redemption. It was interesting to me how Lost handled the faith vs. science balance. The last season and the last episode definitely made it clear that the Lost universe is deeply spiritual, but has a healthy respect for science. Lastly, I hope at least one of Michael Emerson (Ben), Terry O’Quinn (Locke), or Matthew Fox (Jack) get an Emmy for their performances. They so deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Lost forumz? Really?

Worst ****.
    I only have two posts.
    I do read them a lot though.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information