Cricket Player Manager
Page 89 of 241 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 3605
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Bit of a false equivalency there. Romney is olympic level backflips while Obama is a decent amateur at best. Though I'm certainly not happy about his expansion of domestic spying, not closing guantanamo, etc. Unfortunately, that seems to be par for the course for every President as they enter the office - they want to leave the Presidency with more power than when they got in.
    Haha, yes, though the last thing that springs to mind is "Obama amateur, Romney pro" when it comes to politics in general.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    What's the latest feeling int he US? Are they really stupid enough to gift back the White House to the mob which gave them the GFC in the first place?
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"
    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Haha, then it's really just an accident of history that you became a Superpower, isn't it?

Haha. Well the conditions that made us a superpower were very libertarian tbf...not so good for the majority of population but good for industrial development.

In any case, some people think the way to fix the defecits and the debt is to have massive tax cuts (srsly). I don't think there's any reasonable argument you can make to that group.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    obama is now just totally trolling the 40yo or older, white male demographic

Obama spares many young illegal immigrants deportation | Reuters
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Haha yea. Though I don't see Obama winning anymore. The economy won't be good enough.

Haha yea. Though I don't see Obama winning anymore. The economy won't be good enough.
    yeah mitt romney will be the new potus...
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    yeah mitt romney will be the new potus...
    You guys are jumping the gun wayyyyy too early. It will be a close election, but it's still advantage Obama. We all know it's going to come down to select swing states like Ohio, Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Florida. Each of those States' economies are doing slightly better than the national average; hence Obama is less likely to be impacted by that issue in those States. The polls show that Obama still leads Romney in most of the swing states.

This is going to be a long, nasty, and competitive race. Neither party can feel confident about winning or losing at this stage.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    You mean Romney and the religious extremists who make up the current Republican Party are actually a serious prospect?

America is becoming a parody of itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    You mean Romney and the religious extremists who make up the current Republican Party are actually a serious prospect?

America is becoming a parody of itself.
    The rise of the right-wing is a world wide trend and not just limited to America. When the world economy is in a recession, and there are wars taking place all over the place, it's natural for the majority of people to turn towards a conservative approach for a solution.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    The Democrats are already a right wing party though.

The Republicans in the UK, Aus, NZ, Canada etc would get 2% of the vote and a pat on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    The rise of the right-wing is a world wide trend and not just limited to America. When the world economy is in a recession, and there are wars taking place all over the place, it's natural for the majority of people to turn towards a conservative approach for a solution.
    Except:

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Where are the wars taking place everywhere? Is the current time more martial than most others since WW2, for example?

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Except:

IMO there is a definite shift towards the right world-wide. It may not be as extreme as the right-wing Republican party of the States, but nevertheless there is a rightward trend. Consider:

-France experienced a definite rightward shift in the last decade. Even Sarkozy's UMP is a center-right party.
    -The center-right CDU/CSU won in Germany.
    -The Torries won the most seats in the 2010 UK general elections.
    -The center-right New Democracy party just won the Greece elections.
    -Benjamin Neanyahu's right-wing Likud party is in control of Israel.
    -The right-wing N-VA won a plurality in Belgium.
    -The right-wing People's Party is in control in Spain.
    -John Howard was the PM of Australia just 4 years ago.

Those are just a few examples. Again, I'm conceding that "right-wing" in America means something different from right-wing in Europe, Asia, or Australia. However, I think there is no doubt that the right has enjoyed a resurgence in the last decade world-wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Where are the wars taking place everywhere? Is the current time more martial than most others since WW2, for example?
    I should have stated "conflict" rather than wars. I'm referring of course to Iraq, Afghanistan, and the global "war on terror". I would argue that since WW2, this is the most heightened amount of conflict we've experienced and it is a major factor in people turning to the conservative parties of their respective countries.

Thread Information