Page 81 of 231 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 3463
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Smug. Condescending. Odious.

Was I not clear enough with Now, enough?

Continue with that argument and it will be infraction points for ignoring mod instructions.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Smug. Condescending. Odious.
    Come on mate, I had to listen to pages of tripe from someone who does not even know about the most basic economic or legal principles (duty of care). Worse, I was insulted whilst that was going on (and you know it). I am not Mother Theresa, I have my limits.

FTR Spark I've reported you for your condescending posting throughout the thread and your abuse of power. I hate doing that ****, but if you're going to abuse your power I have to rely on what little I have.
    ★★★★★

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    An eye for an eye eh?

Edit: Post was, somewhat, in jest.

Only just seen the mod warning as well.

Ikki- you keep debating a subject that has now been done to death. Every point and counterpoint has been made, wouldn’t you agree?. At this point, there is really nothing new to cover so you just need to move on. This is no longer a suggestion, but rather instructions from the mod team. That goes for everyone replying to Ikki as well.

Mate, you saw me leave it when you asked before. Others replied misconstruing what I was saying so I replied for clarity's sake, not to troll. I will follow your instructions. I was attempting to before by bringing up important news in Gingrich leaving.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    so how bout john edwards
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    so how bout john edwards
    I supported him over Kerry in the 2008 primaries. I've never felt more betrayed by a politician in my life. I sincerely thought he was the real deal and felt very disillusioned after the truth came out.

There is no such thing as the real deal. There are a lot of good people in politics but the fact remains that they are in politics.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    You're way too cynical for your age.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Not really. Politics is dirty by its nature, we shouldn't be surprised when things happen in politics that don't look great. Character assassination isn't just allowed, it's required. That also means that we should be sensible when judging them, ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    There is no such thing as the real deal. There are a lot of good people in politics but the fact remains that they are in politics.
    I disagree. I personally know people in politics that are completely sincere about the need to bring about positive change and practice what they preach. In fact, they could make more money and live a less stressful life outside of politics, but they dedicate their life to better society (according to their political beliefs of course). By “real deal” I don’t mean a perfect human being who’s infallible. No one amongst us like that. But in the case of John Edwards, I really did believe in the “hope is on its way” slogan. He of course was primarily interested in assuming power; and the slogan was merely a slogan for him that helped him achieve that goal.

Politics is an ambitious and dirty game which forces you to do things that are outside your “perfect world” morals. However, there is still a line that shouldn’t be crossed and Edwards certainly crossed it. As I said, I know people in politics who may not be perfect, but are not the sleaze balls that Edwards is.

Right thread?

DEA Ignored All My Cries: Student | NBC San Diego

The Drug Enforcement Administration extended an apology to a University of California engineering student who was locked in a holding cell for more than four days and forgotten about. The student drank his own urine in desperation and attempted to kill himself, before agents returned four days later and found him.

----
    Chong said he was at a friend’s house in University City celebrating 4/20, a day many marijuana users set aside to smoke, when agents came inside and raided the residence. Chong was then taken to the DEA office in Kearny Mesa.
    He said agents questioned him, and then told him he could go home. One agent even offered him a ride, Chong said. No criminal charges were filed against him.
    But Chong did not go home that night. Instead, he was placed in a cell for five days without any human contact and was not given food or drink. In his desperation, he said he was forced to drink his own urine.
    “I had to do what I had to do to survive….I hallucinated by the third day,” Chong said. “I was completely insane.”

Source: DEA Ignored All My Cries: Student | NBC San Diego
    Last edited by Ikki; 03-05-2012 at 12:30 PM.

I saw that story, it's simply horrible. I can't even imagine the poor guy's ordeal. Keep in mind that he was handcuffed the entire time. That's worse than solitary punishment and would be as close to hell on Earth as you could get.

Thread Information