Page 42 of 229 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

i thought the ****er was close to or in the lead in the iowa polls right?
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Why are we talking about Ron Paul? There's a bigger chance of the gay community endorsing Rick Santorum than Ron Paul being relevant, except as a spoiler third party candidate.
    You should find a betting exchange that lets you lay him. He's currently going at 14s with the bookies so there's monies to be made if you genuinely think it's a 0%er.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Gonna lay $500 on him not winning the nomination. He's only going at 3.6% to win the nomination, so I wouldn't be making much. Still better than nothing.
    Last edited by silentstriker; 01-01-2012 at 08:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    No it doesn't, all it does is provide hollow shells for you to shoot at Paul for. Instead of going through every topic you can manufacture a disagreement with/misrepresent Paul for, I'll simply give you this word document some individual online wrote for Paul which clears up a lot of issues the MSM are desperately trying to smear him for.

PaulNewslettersFaq_Tunk
    The Rebuttal this individual is offering is nothing but full of lies and excuses and trying to pass the blame on others. A typical trait of libertarianism. Paul talks about taking responsibility for your actions in your personal life and here he does not once again. There are more than enough documentation available on the net to confirm Mr. Paul's association with the newsletters.

Ron Paul's views are nauseating, Here once again they are confirmed in the book written by him, This time he can not blame others for writing it.

http://mises.org/books/freedomsiege.pdf

" Victims of the disease AIDS argue, with no qualms of inconsistency about rights, for crash research programs (to be paid for by people who don't have AIDS), demanding a cure. And it's done in the name of rights. Victims demand health care as well and scream "discrimination" if insurance companies claim they have a right to refuse to issue a policy to someone already infected with the AIDS virus. The rights of the insurance company owners are not considered, while legislation is passed forcing insurance companies to provide the insurance demanded by the victims. The individual suffering from AIDS certainly a is victim -- frequently a victim of his own lifestyle -- but this same individual victimizes innocent citizens by forcing them to pay for his care. Crash research programs are hardly something, I believe, the Found Fathers intended when they talked about equal rights."

The above claim makes me just question his intelligence and also question his belief in humanity outside of his own life and his loved ones.

Had he not been a Doctor, one could cut him some slack for being ignorant. According to Mayo Clinic here are the reasons how AIDS virus can be transmitted into another person. :-

• During sex. You may become infected if you have ******l, anal or oral sex with an infected partner whose blood, semen or ******l secretions enter your body. The virus can enter your body through mouth sores or small tears that sometimes develop in the rectum or ****** during sexual activity.
    • Blood transfusions. In some cases, the virus may be transmitted through blood transfusions. American hospitals and blood banks now screen the blood supply for HIV antibodies, so this risk is very small.
    • Sharing needles. HIV can be transmitted through needles and syringes contaminated with infected blood. Sharing intravenous drug paraphernalia puts you at high risk of HIV and other infectious diseases such as hepatitis.
    • From mother to child. Infected mothers can infect their babies during pregnancy or delivery, or through breast-feeding. But if women receive treatment for HIV infection during pregnancy, the risk to their babies is significantly reduced.

Reading the book confirms once again that Ron Paul has no solutions to the problems of the modern day America.

Ron Paul's ideas on how the Slavery problems should have been handled :-

Ron Paul on the American Civil War - YouTube

Yes he says that "Buy the Slaves and Release them", although he doesn't specifically suggest that it is the Federal government who should buy the slaves, but that is what he means that Lincoln should have done. So much for keeping the government out.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Gonna lay $500 on him not winning the nomination. He's only going at 3.6% to win the nomination, so I wouldn't be making much. Still better than nothing.
    Aha, you'll be lucky to beat inflation tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Aha, you'll be lucky to beat inflation tbh.
    Haha yea, even 3% is high I feel but it's certainly not enough to get rich off betting against. Although if you wanted to make money off him - hoping he wins Iowa and then betting against him once his stock price rises as a result would be a good bet.

In other news, Iowa has a new flavor of the month:

Fickle Iowans and a consistent message give Santorum a chance to win | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Not that it matters...Huckabee won it in 2008 while McCain came in 4th.

Romney the almost certain candidate as far as I'm concerned regardless of Iowa (unless he significantly under-performs his polling, eg getting <10% of the vote).
    Last edited by silentstriker; 02-01-2012 at 09:50 AM.

Iran threatens U.S. Navy as sanctions hit economy

So is Iran really stupid enough to attack a US Aircraft Carrier?

Iran threatens U.S. Navy as sanctions hit economy

So is Iran really stupid enough to attack a US Aircraft Carrier?
    It has Putin's backing written all over it. US should move its carrier from the persian gulf and focus on re-building its own economy rather than worrying about Iran's Nuclear Program.

****ing hell, Santorum leads with 48% of the Iowa vote counted.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
    ****ing hell, Santorum leads with 48% of the Iowa vote counted.
    To Iowa:

Way to be completely irrelevant.

He's still in front. Looks like the "homosexuality = paedophilia" angle is a big winner in Iowa.

The good thing about him winning might be that he just might be able pull Romney to the right on social issues (e.g openly start sprouting right wing social rhetoric), which might doom him in the general election.

College towns haven't reported yet so actually Paul might be in with a chance - which would bode well for my pocketbook since I'll promptly lay some money on him not winning the primary as soon as his odds shoot up.

Romney is really the only one I'm afraid of. Anyone else and I'm pretty happy.

Iowa doesn't really matter and I do think Romney is the clear front runner regardless of how he does in Iowa.
    Last edited by silentstriker; 03-01-2012 at 09:04 PM.

Romney is now in lead....with 92% reporting...and the Cat & Mouse game between Romney & Santorum continues...Santorum ahead now.
    Last edited by Sanz; 03-01-2012 at 09:24 PM.

And Santorum's back in front with 93% reporting!

45 votes the margin at the moment.

Santorum pulling away with a massive lead of a 100 votes.

Thread Information