Page 4 of 231 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    Who are you voting for anyway Fusion?
    Obama. I loathe the platform and ideology of the Republican party. Obama has his faults of course, but much of the negatives associated with him are due to a mess he inherited and the stonewalling tactics the Republicans have employed in Congress. I have never seen this level of obstructionism practiced in American politics before. This coming election is also essential from the perspective of the Supreme Court. There are expected to be around 2 to 3 vacancies, most of them belonging to the “liberal” bloc. If a Republican wins, the Supreme Court will be firmly placed on the conservative side for the next several decades. IMO, that would be disastrous to the values and shape of this country.

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Virginia and NC? Seen his approval ratings in NC lately?
    The point is he doesn’t have to win all of those states. His margin of error is far greater than the Republican nominee’s.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Go Osama go. I mean go Obama go.

Hardly delivered on anything that he claimed to. The thing is can he deliver in the next 4 years?
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

btw Herman Cain's graph was on the rise but his popularity seems to be coming down after several revelations of sexual harassment. Does Cain sound any good? Would seem cool that 2 black men running for president

I dont think the democrats are winning this race with these tactics

Hillary Farts During Live Debate - YouTube

watch the reaction of the guy at the end....

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post

Hardly delivered on anything that he claimed to. The thing is can he deliver in the next 4 years?
    Stop getting your news/views from The Fox News network Smali.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    Go Osama go. I mean go Obama go.

Really?
    Get out of Iraq? Check
    Repeal Don't Ask Don't Tell? Check
    Work to decrease nuclear weapons? Check
    Close the donut hole in medicare? Check.
    Expand sCHIP? Check.
    Healthcare reform (one that Clinton failed on, Carter failed on, and every president since Theodore Roosevelt failed on): Check.

I would elect him based solely on the bolded items. The healthcare was more Nancy Pelosi (though obviously it needed a democratic white house to pass) but don't ask don't tell was pretty much him getting to the white house and telling the pentagon that they need to find a way to make the transition. Not if there is going to be a transition, but that there will be, and they need to deal with it.

He lied about closing Guantanamo Bay and didn't let the Bush tax cuts for the rich expire.

I think unless you watch Fox News, you can't say that he has 'hardly' kept his promises. You can be dissapointed, as many are, but you can't say he hasn't done a lot of what he said he was going to do.
    Last edited by silentstriker; 10-11-2011 at 02:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

^ ^ Don't forget about Wall Street Reform as well. He stared down one of the deepest pocketed industry in the United States and still got Congress to pass a substantial reform bill. That will be one of the first things repealed under a Republican President and Congress btw.

Simon Champion!
    He is also bat**** insane - so blinded by his idealogy that he automatically rejects anything that doesn't neatly fit into it. And he truly believes it. To me that's a lot more dangerous than someone like a Mitt Romney who'll flip flop on whether the Sun rises in the east if it'll get him elected.
    He caters to his base which has grown, tbf and plays the rebel a bit. I know there is a lot of scope of disagreement with him as he is a somewhat different ideology to mainstream, but haven't seen why the media portrays him as a non-serious person and constantly pokes fun at him. Tbf, he has been right on many issues in advance(including wars) from what i have read about him and he is certainly not a lunatic running wild, viewing from outside.

Disagree. I feel that if Romney is the nominee, Obama will lose. EVERYBODY caters to their base during the primary. They'll come back to the center during the general election. Who else are the tea party members gonna vote for? Obama? I don't think so. Basically they need to win Ohio and Florida. Obama is taking an absolute beating in Ohio due to the economic downturn, and to win Florida all the republicans need to do is select Rubio as the VP candidate. Welcome to Romney 2012.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/06/ma...tion.html?_r=1

The only person I listen to about these things is Nate Silver (FiveThirtyEight: Politics Done Right). Deadset, without a doubt, and by far the best and most accurate political predictions on the internet.
    Will he take it though? Think, he would want a run at the top job in the not that distant future.
    Last edited by Cevno; 10-11-2011 at 04:04 PM.

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Fusion, can you provide a little more detail on the additional banking regulation regarding the wall street reform bill.

Smali is getting confused. He thinks Obama is the president of the world and not just the US. That is why he thinks Obama has done nothing (he is expecting Obama to not only work for US interests but also the rest of the world interests). I'm afraid Smali that's not how things work.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    Fusion, can you provide a little more detail on the additional banking regulation regarding the wall street reform bill.
    Analysis of Obama's role in passing the bill and obstacles he faced

Details of the bill (caution, makes for dull reading)

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    TBF the banks have found a way around most of the things in that law already. That's the reason wall street lobbies support it - it's almost toothless, and were to to be repealed nothing much would change...except they are afraid an actual law that stops them from doing what they're doing might be passed.

That's why I didn't list it in his achievements.

what are you guys getting on. Obama is very well respected on Fox News

Bill O'Reilly Defends Obama From Romney In Interview: 'He Got Osama bin Laden' - YouTube

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    O'Reilly is kind of adorable really. The impression I always get from him is that he's actually quite unsure of his own political beliefs and compensates by making sure his voice is the loudest in the room. When he comes up against someone like Jon Stewart who has the ability and profile to cut through his rhetoric it usually makes for an interesting encounter.
    "Under the spreading chestnut tree,
    I sold you and you sold me."

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Rick Perry. OH. MY. GOD. He had a catastrophic moment in tonight's GOP debate. It's already being called the worst debate moment of all time. I can't think of a worst political moment myself. I can't stand the guy and I actually felt bad for him.

Watch Rick Perry's Campaign End Before Your Eyes
    That was picked up here too.

Followed by US-friendly people saying 'oh but look why don't Norwegian TV show Obama when he ****s up' (presumably because none of them have been so truly fail as this...)
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

CBS Evening News - Cain stumbles on Libya question - YouTube

Goodness me. Just as bad as Perry's slip-up, IMO.

Page 4 of 231 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread Information