Page 34 of 228 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

Nah that showed some unbelievably awful judgement from Romney. I think he's in real strife,

It is incredible that he didn't say "$10" bet, or even "$5" and still got his point across.

The fact that people are now fully aware that $10,000 is 0.005% of his net wealth doesn't help.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    I would LOVE that match-up as I think Obama would easily win that. However, I think you're counting out Romney too early. He's still the favorite in my book, no matter what the polls say at the moment.
    it might still happen but i am having some serious difficulty visualizing the republican base and conservative independents going for a mormon...and i definitely don't think gingrich is going to be a pushover for obama...it is not so much the pro-gingrich votes but more the anti-obama votes that would make the race pretty close in my opinion...
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    The fact that people are now fully aware that $10,000 is 0.005% of his net wealth doesn't help.
    Ignores a strong tendency towards Calvinist predestination.

Here's a good read on the alarming slide of modern American "conservatism": David Frum on the GOP’s Lost Sense of Reality -- New York Magazine
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    read this the other day too: A good start to reviving the middle class - CNN.com

President Obama's payroll tax holiday expires at the end of this year. As we debate whether to renew the holiday, we should be debating whether we cannot finance the federal government in more creative ways, through taxes on consumption or carbon pollution, for example, rather than a tax on the first $110,000 of labor income.
    i lol'd. i mean not because i disagree. but...
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Here's a good read on the alarming slide of modern American "conservatism": David Frum on the GOP’s Lost Sense of Reality -- New York Magazine
    That's such a great piece. He's not the only Republican who thinks that way, but he's certainly in the vast minority. One thing that always amazes me is how every right-wing Republican likes to deify Ronald Reagan and want their candidate to emulate him. Except that if Reagan was running for the Republican nomination today he would be polling worse than Huntsman. Let's see - offered amnesty to immigrants, raised taxes 11 times, increased government spending by 60 percent, and fought to increase the debt ceiling 17 times. He was not averse to compromising with the Democrat controlled Congress either. There's not doubt in my mind that the hero of conservatives everywhere would be booted out of today's Republican party as being "too liberal".
    Last edited by Fusion; 12-12-2011 at 08:11 PM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Bush would be too liberal these days. Bush!
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Bush would be too liberal these days. Bush!
    Correct, but most of the tea party Republicans openly state that while they admire Bush as a man of conviction, they certainly don't consider him to be a model conservative by any stretch of the imagination. Reagan is who they all aspire to be and that's hilarious to me as Reagan was certainly no tea party Republican.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    a mirror system in space could provide the light equivalent of many full moons so that there would be no need for nighttime lighting of the highways.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Fox News sure have a way with logic. 8.6=9 obviously.
    Exit pursuing a beer

In a related news :-
    Donald Trump debate, minus The Donald - ComPost - The Washington Post

I am so disappointed, I was looking forward to this great debated between the "Frothy mix of Lube" and the newty "Invented Republican".

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar

Well we know who Fox doesn't want to win...

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post

Well we know who Fox doesn't want to win...
    Haha, Romney looking like Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    This is a little OT, but is somewhat related to American politics.

American hardware chain Lowe's Pulls Ads from a Muslim focused show

Absolutely pathetic. A mainstream retailer caving to bigots and hatemongers. I expect this from the typical right-wing organizations, but when they are able to influence large companies in buying into their hate, I am appalled and disgusted.
    Indeed. As always Jon Stewart is the voice of reason, Once again.

December 13, 2011 - Lawrence Lessig - The Daily Show With Jon Stewart - Full Episode Video | Comedy Central

Watch Out for Aasif Maandvi, especially his last comment and expression. It is supposed to be a funny expression, but it was a sad and disgusted look.

Thread Information