Page 195 of 228 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 3408
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

International Debutant ganeshran's Avatar
    It is ironic, because the republican party was responsible for initiation of a lot of race reforms in the US. But in the last 50 years , they have done a complete U-turn on their positions on race and lost the overwhelming majority of the african-american vote.
    Get well soon Yuvi!!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Family Guy - Ostrich Laugh - YouTube

Really disheartening how many white people have bought into the idea that erosion of white privilege is the same thing as disenfranchisement. I honestly don't know whether they really believe it or are just taking the piss but one thing's for certain, it's absolutely about self-interest.

To me, the best part where the stuff they caught from this loser off-camera. That's where things really fell apart.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 17-03-2013 at 04:16 PM.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Maybe he should be asked if he would be OK with the British still ruling America. I mean they did feed and shelter.

Quote Originally Posted by ganeshran View Post
    It is ironic, because the republican party was responsible for initiation of a lot of race reforms in the US. But in the last 50 years , they have done a complete U-turn on their positions on race and lost the overwhelming majority of the african-american vote.
    Well all the democrats who opposed LBJ's reforms pretty much became republicans. He said that the democrats had lost the south for a generation. He was wrong about that - seems to have lost the south for much longer than that.

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    Maybe he should be asked if he would be OK with the British still ruling America. I mean they did feed and shelter.
    If anything, they tried to overfeed them with their own tea.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Civil unions legalized in Colorado - U.S. News

Unfortunately Colorado has an amendment in their constitution banning same sex marriage. So that may take a couple election cycles to overcome.
    Last edited by silentstriker; 22-03-2013 at 12:14 AM.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    we talking bout dem gay Supreme Court cases in here or in that gay marriage thread dawgs
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

My gut feeling is that they may rule DOMA unconstitutional, but Prop 8 will stay.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    SCOTUSblog ‏@SCOTUSblog
    Breaking: 1st update- #prop8 unlikely to be upheld; either struck down or #scotus won’t decide case. More in 30 mins.

woah slow down there dawgs the case jus started

Audio transcripts should be up in an hour. Since the actual results won't be available until June, it seems shocking they'd say something like that. Many justices take "the other side" during oral arguments to poke holes or to nail down an argument they think will work with other justices. I mean, nobody who was watching the court, nobody, predicted that Roberts would be the vote that upheld the ACA. You would never glean that from his arguments during the case.

Especially scotusblog, which is a higher standard of Supreme Court reporting than your everyday source.

Scotusblog: There are not 5 votes to strike down #prop8 and recognize equal right to #ssm at this time

I wouldn't think so. But if there are five votes to dismiss the case - then the lower court ruling would stay and SSM would become legal in California...

Scotusblog: Arguments done. #scotus won’t uphold or strike down #prop8 bc Kennedy thinks it is too soon to rule on #ssm. #prop8 will stay invalidated.

Weird. I know it's not legally the same, but functionally they are making SSM legal in california by not ruling on it - that's a big deal. I thought they'd set some sort of legal precedent instead of leaving it in limbo...

I mean they could have just chosen not to hear the case if they wanted to go down that route...

This is very irresponsible by the scotusblog tbf - passing of as fact what is clearly an opinion...
    Last edited by silentstriker; 26-03-2013 at 09:55 AM.

Thread Information