Page 147 of 229 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 3431
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

If Mittens wins this, is Bill Maher leaving America?

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    If Romney wins, the whole of America must watch It's a Wonderful Life over and over again until the ****wits get it right.

538 reporting some late gains to Obama in th elast minute polling. Either about 90% of the polls are collectively wrong (which is possible though unlikely) or he'll get over the line.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    breaking news: ohio secretary of state jon husted bans everyone that isn't himself from voting
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    If Romney wins, the whole of America must watch It's a Wonderful Life over and over again until the ****wits get it right.

538 reporting some late gains to Obama in th elast minute polling. Either about 90% of the polls are collectively wrong (which is possible though unlikely) or he'll get over the line.
    Fox news pundits are predicting a landslide to Mitt.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

some guy has already started planning - https://twitter.com/GOP_Tears/republican-tears

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Indeed this was what I was referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Indeed this was what I was referring to.
    Dick Morris is a troll though.
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Just having a read over the 'what you need to know' article on SMH.

VOTER ID
    New voter identification laws that critics claim benefit Republicans (because voters from minority groups, who are more likely not to have photo ID, are also more likely to vote Democratic) have also caused controversy.

Defending the laws became harder after the Pennsylvania state House Republican Leader Mike Turzai listed as one of his achievements: “Voter ID, which is gonna allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania, done.”
    I'd followed the furor over the voter ID laws a tiny bit, but I had no idea the bloke straight up admitted it was to help Romney win. Sort your ****ing **** out, America.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Interesting numbers coming out of the early voter data in OH. Think a 3% margin might be optimistic.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Articles like this kill me. He's an intern and writing about the US election (a place he's never been to or has any first or second-hand knowledge of, writes a substance-free article then spams his comments replying to almost everyone with, essentially, "Nuh uhhh!" It reads like a yr 12 S&E paper (no fewer than *5* references, please) and an average one.

People bag the US media for bias but even the worst dross on Fox has more insight than this. The state of reporting and op-eds in Australia is ****ing abysmal. It's embarrassing! Could you imagine an even mildly well-informed US-based punter reading this article?

This is why Mitt Romney should win the US election | Article | The Punch

Just to pick on one section;

Romney can do better than that. He has proposed a comprehensive reform of America’s complex tax code (any details?), which would cut every income tax rate while also limiting deductions and loopholes (Which ones?) for the wealthy (Who are 'the wealthy'?).

By returning money to the private economy (What does this really mean?), this plan would stimulate the job growth that unemployed Americans so desperately need.

But it is also fundamentally progressive. Middle and lower income earners would have their taxes reduced (by how much?), while the wealthy would contribute a higher proportion of the total tax take (How much higher?). A simpler system would also cut down on cronyism and tax avoidance (How?).
    You get the picture. Sources, references and real data (which exists in spades, by the way), leave that **** for someone else, eh? Even if Romney provided absolutely no specifics, informed commentators, y'know, professional journalist types, make some pretty informed guesses. This guy, though.... How the **** do you get a gig like this? And get paid too?! YEAH.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 06-11-2012 at 06:20 AM.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

If that's the average quality of work of a journalism grad student, then I pity the future of the media in this country. Christ above.

VP Biden asked today if he was voting for himself for the last time he replied “no i don’t think so.”
    ye gads

don't play with our hearts like that joe

Raw: Biden Casts His Ballot in Delaware - YouTube

Five Thirty Eight now predicting a 92% chance of an Obama win, with 51% of the popular vote. Hmm.

~

What time do the results start/finish coming in?

Thread Information