Page 113 of 231 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 3464
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Well at least he admitted climate change is real, and laid out the litany of people right wingers blame (gays, unions, immigrants, etc).
    Think he's playing on the fact that the Republican Party is not especially popular outside the Republican Party.

End was a lot better than the start. Got into very JFK territory without every directly referencing him (IIRC) and got very, very close to "yes we can" without ever really using it.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Best zinger? Take two taxcuts and call me in the morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

I thought it was a good speech. Clinton's was definitely better. But as has been pointed out by many pundits, Clinton and other speakers don't have the burden of the office and can be more relaxed and fiery. In any case, I thought it was an EXCELLENT convention for the Dems overall. They fired up the base, presented a good defense of Obama, and presented a stark contrast with the Republican platform.

So now it truly begins. Republicans have already stated they plan to carpet bomb swing states with ads starting tomorrow. Here's where that 2-1 money advantage that the GOP has will come into play.

We can disregard the national polls; it will all come down to the swing states. Game on.

Yea, the full fury of the Republican advantage hasn't been unleashed yet, that's why I've been very bearish on Obama's chances even though nationally he seems to be tied or with a small lead.

As much as people say they don't like it, political ads, and negative attacks, do work.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnE6HHH_50

can't believe not one person said 'neigh'
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Yea, the full fury of the Republican advantage hasn't been unleashed yet, that's why I've been very bearish on Obama's chances even though nationally he seems to be tied or with a small lead.

As much as people say they don't like it, political ads, and negative attacks, do work.
    Last time I checked, 538.com had Obama with about a 73% probability of winning.

It's generally a decent predicter, iirc.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

frankly ss is cenvoing

Truthfully, I am not. I realize what 538 says (it is one of my favorite sites). However, the effect of money is not in his calculations - it can't be - this is the first post-citizens united election. It's going to be 3-4 states that decide the election, and those states will be blanketed.

I would bet that by october, Romney has pulled ahead by at least a few percentage points, and will be on a decent path to victory barring a total collapse in the debates.

obama's already up to like 237 of the 270 required. team romney have basically pulled out of michigan. it's his to lose. money can't change the college map.

Emanuel Cleaver Speech At 2012 Democratic National Convention Fires Up Crowd - YouTube

hooooly ****

Truthfully, I am not. I realize what 538 says (it is one of my favorite sites). However, the effect of money is not in his calculations - it can't be - this is the first post-citizens united election. It's going to be 3-4 states that decide the election, and those states will be blanketed.

I would bet that by october, Romney has pulled ahead by at least a few percentage points, and will be on a decent path to victory barring a total collapse in the debates.
    It's really quite difficult for Obama to lose whilst winning PA. By no means impossible, but difficult. He's favourite for a reason.

We went through all this in 2008 too (though granted Obama has much less money this time)

Here is how I see it now, with Obama having a very narrow lead over Romney. But If Ohio turns it back on Obama, Romney WILL win.
    Attached Images Attached Images

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    He's not terrible [/Athlai]
    Exit pursuing a beer

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    Here is how I see it now, with Obama having a very narrow lead over Romney. But If Ohio turns it back on Obama, Romney WILL win.
    Florida much, much closer than suggested on that map. It was widely considered a toss-up even before Paul 'make Medicare more expensive and a pain in the arse to get' Ryan was picked without regard to a senior-heavy state with 29 electoral votes.

It may fall to the GOP, but it won't be because Obama or his super PAC didn't drown the state with ads.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Anyone seen this? If Romney fails, he'd likely be most welcomed as head honcho in SA or Pakistan....

Thread Information