Page 110 of 229 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 3431
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Think the BRIC bloc, all bar India in the midst of resources booms, would have something to say about how 'massive' the distance is.
    one country vs four, tbf. even combined i'm not sure their collective global influence outweighs america's, so alone there's gonna be a fair gap.

the only "entity" which would have comparable weird imo would be the EU.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Cricketer Of The Year SirBloody Idiot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    one country vs four, tbf. even combined i'm not sure their collective global influence outweighs america's, so alone there's gonna be a fair gap.

Nothing on the PRT bloc!

FiveThirtyEight now has Obama at a 74.8% chance of a victory - highest percentage the model has given.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    Rand Paul and Ron Paul are father and son but they're actually quite different in many respects. But you'd know that if you knew much about them.
    Both are Radical libertarians who want to live in the 18th-19th Century America . Rand has learnt from his father's political mistakes and isn't going to make the same mistakes Ron Paul did by running against the GOP establishment and meet the same political fate.

I'm obviously very biased, but Julian Castro's keynote address tonight at the DNC was electric and powerful. The guy killed it. Just like Obama did in his 2004 keynote address, Castro has set himself up as the future leader of the Democratic party.

I hope you all don't mind, but I moved the discussion regarding GM here.

Wow after the outstanding first day of the DNC, I'm almost worried the next 2 days will be anti-climactic. Bill and Obama better keep up the momentum!

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    i guess this is what happens when the people there in the crowd and the people there on stage actually like their nominee
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    I'm obviously very biased, but Julian Castro's keynote address tonight at the DNC was electric and powerful. The guy killed it. Just like Obama did in his 2004 keynote address, Castro has set himself up as the future leader of the Democratic party.
    No match for Susana Martinez or Marco Rubio though. And I am sorry but his keynote speech isn't anywhere close to Obama's.

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    Both are Radical libertarians who want to live in the 18th-19th Century America .
    They just love churning to make their own butter.
    I think there'll sooner be another Bradman than another Warne. - Gidgeon Haigh

[Warne is] the greatest bowler ever produced in this entire world - Muttiah Muralidaran

[Warne is] the greatest bowler of all time - Glenn McGrath

In my opinion Shane Warne is the greatest cricketer who's ever lived - Ian Botham

Warne is the greatest cricketer to pick up a ball ever.
    And is the greatest bowler I have ever laid eyes on. - Brian Lara

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Think the BRIC bloc, all bar India in the midst of resources booms, would have something to say about how 'massive' the distance is.

Our stupid british copied system and the worst government in history has caught up. The outlook in 3 years has gone from India shining to doom and gloom.

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    Ron Paul Sold out and betrayed his loyal supporters so that his Son Rand Paul could have a future in Republican Party. Make no mistake, if Politics is a dirty game, it is because of the people like Ron Paul.
    That's bit of a odd thing to say specifically about Paul. I may not agree with him, but he stands by what he believes in more than anyone else and even if it means isolation. Sometimes even too rigidly for his own good.

He has run campaigns when he has been laughed at and what not without support, and yet he hasn't bulged on certain things and taken the easier route. Infact, he has build a ever increasing support base through the tougher path.

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post

Yeah, BRIC is hardly a entity anyways with massive differences on most issues.

And btw, it is BRICS now with South Africa included, so it's 5 but yeah....

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    That's bit of a odd thing to say specifically about Paul. I may not agree with him, but he stands by what he believes in more than anyone else and even if it means isolation. Sometimes even too rigidly for his own good.

He has run campaigns when he has been laughed at and what not without support, and yet he hasn't bulged on certain things and taken the easier route. Infact, he has build a ever increasing support base through the tougher path.
    Sanz is the Liberal equivalent to a regular Fox/Republican viewer. He doesn't actually know much about either of the Pauls.

Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post

Do you really think that Ron Paul would even have a political career if he ran his election campaign as a conservative Republican ? Ron Paul has a following or political standing because of his Libertarian beliefs some of which need to be challenged and even laughed at because how obsolete those theories are in today's world. Ron Paul has made good by rigidly sticking to those beliefs.

Thread Information