Page 109 of 231 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 3457
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    It's not just that, even though you are right. It is that they've alienated any chance of them surviving as a party. The Republican party is a dying one and they're too stupid to realise that their shot at bringing in more youth, more energy, basically died with the sham that was perpetrated throughout the voting for the nominee and the RNC.

You always hear, and people seem to agree, that politics is a dirty game. But supporting someone like Paul gives you an even better view at how utterly disgusting these people are. In Iran, you see politicians, you see speeches, you see people supporting them ... everyone knows it is all an act, it is all corrupt, the people are even paid to be there ... seeing this kind of thing is depressing for someone who loves American traditions as I do as it is basically the same exact thing.
    I don't think it was corruption in this case necessarily - probably some back room deal was worked out with delegates. Eg they concede in exchange for a change in platform (like investigating the adoption of the gold standard, which was recently added to the Republican platform).
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    As a Aussie, why do you care so much anyway? Let them support whoever they want.
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

It's not just that, even though you are right. It is that they've alienated any chance of them surviving as a party. The Republican party is a dying one and they're too stupid to realise that their shot at bringing in more youth, more energy, basically died with the sham that was perpetrated throughout the voting for the nominee and the RNC.
    Haha yeah it's so dumb. They're appealing to the fastest shrinking demographic in the country... old white men.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Having said that, it can't be denied that they do have some very charismatic candidates coming up in the near future. Don't agree with basically anything Rubio says, but the guy definitely has something about him.

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    There isn't anything wrong in taking an interest as Sledger put it, but to me Ikki comes across as someone really passionate about this whole affair, as if he is an American citizen himself or that we are following a global election campaign to pick the president of the world. Whoever becomes the US President will not care about the rest of the world. His only priority will be to his country. So why act so passionately about it? Reminds me of the crazy Egyptians when Obama came for a visit just before winning the elections. They acted as if he was their President and went crazy. But what has Obama ever done for Egypt?
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

It's a good point but the US remains by a massive distance the most important country in the world. Especially on someone with such unusual (in his party especially) foreign policy views as Paul has, if he ever got elected (which of course he wouldn't be) it would have big consequences for the rest of the world. Whether we like it or not, everyone is a stakeholder in a US election to some extent.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Think the BRIC bloc, all bar India in the midst of resources booms, would have something to say about how 'massive' the distance is.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    It's a good point but the US remains by a massive distance the most important country in the world. Especially on someone with such unusual (in his party especially) foreign policy views as Paul has, if he ever got elected (which of course he wouldn't be) it would have big consequences for the rest of the world. Whether we like it or not, everyone is a stakeholder in a US election to some extent.
    Yes but why get so passionate over their domestic policy. Stuff like healthcare reforms, their views on abortion and governmental intervention in the markets. It's things like their foreign policy, international trade, etc which would affect the rest of us.

damn always thought eastwood was a fairly intelligent guy for some reason, but he just turned out to be an utter moron...
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

Yes but why get so passionate over their domestic policy. Stuff like healthcare reforms, their views on abortion and governmental intervention in the markets. It's things like their foreign policy, international trade, etc which would affect the rest of us.
    Well, then it becomes an ideological question. In a way, it's the same kind of logic that leads us to care about misfortunate around the world (famines, wars etc) that have no impact on us at all - we care because we empathise with other humans. I mean, this is much less extreme, but nonetheless if you find those things important, then it's fair enough to find it important everywhere.

You always hear, and people seem to agree, that politics is a dirty game. But supporting someone like Paul gives you an even better view at how utterly disgusting these people are. In Iran, you see politicians, you see speeches, you see people supporting them ... everyone knows it is all an act, it is all corrupt, the people are even paid to be there ... seeing this kind of thing is depressing for someone who loves American traditions as I do as it is basically the same exact thing.
    Ron Paul Sold out and betrayed his loyal supporters so that his Son Rand Paul could have a future in Republican Party. Make no mistake, if Politics is a dirty game, it is because of the people like Ron Paul.

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    Ron Paul Sold out and betrayed his loyal supporters so that his Son Rand Paul could have a future in Republican Party. Make no mistake, if Politics is a dirty game, it is because of the people like Ron Paul.
    Get off it. His son played the game, not Paul. Paul to this day still doesn't endorse Romney and sees him as no alternative. I actually wish Paul was more politically savvy; he's happy enough with what he's achieved thus far and that is just to have made a dent in the conversation. As idealist as his fans are - that he had a shot - he knew the realities from the beginning.

Well a lot of those discussions revolved around ideology. And again, I think if America goes one way a lot of the world follows. Maybe I am exaggerating it, maybe I am not; but I think America still leads the Western world at least.
    ★★★★★

Get off it. His son played the game, not Paul. Paul to this day still doesn't endorse Romney and sees him as no alternative. I actually wish Paul was more politically savvy; he's happy enough with what he's achieved thus far and that is just to have made a dent in the conversation. As idealist as his fans are - that he had a shot - he knew the realities from the beginning.
    Ron Paul's supporters/fans naive enough to believe the above but I am not naive to believe that Rand Paul is operating his political career independently, it seems you have not been following their careers much. And a big LOL @ Paul being not politically savvy. Yeah Right !! what does a statement like " I don't fully endorse Romney " mean but a shrewd political game which is to support Romney as well keep his supporters happy.

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    It means while Romney agrees with him on some things, he won't endorse him because they disagree on the grand majority of things. While the others toe the party line, Paul has come out and said there is little, if any, difference between the two nominees.

Rand Paul and Ron Paul are father and son but they're actually quite different in many respects. But you'd know that if you knew much about them.

Thread Information