Page 579 of 614 FirstFirst ... 79479529569577578579580581589 ... LastLast
Results 8,671 to 8,685 of 9205
Like Tree180Likes

Thread: Lord Presents..What Made Your Day + What Ruined Your Day IV

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Manee View Post
    Made: Out of hospital after second left-thorocotomy and feel pretty good.
    I hope it all goes well mate and your recovery is a quick one!
    Manee likes this.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Yikes, that's a fair jangling of your organs the cutters have done there, Manee. Feel well soon, champ.
    Manee likes this.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

All the best, Manee. Sounds like an ordeal!
    Manee likes this.

Well **** me! What a month. My mother in law died in a tragic car accident and we hurried back to California for a couple of difficult weeks. I have spent the last week working hard on my next position once I leave Malaysia (fingers crossed on Trinidad) and bugger me if the missus hasn't just told me today that she is in the family way.

It has been the proverbial roller coaster. Things are still a blur.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    Well **** me! What a month. My mother in law died in a tragic car accident and we hurried back to California for a couple of difficult weeks. I have spent the last week working hard on my next position once I leave Malaysia (fingers crossed on Trinidad) and bugger me if the missus hasn't just told me today that she is in the family way.

It has been the proverbial roller coaster. Things are still a blur.
    Congrats etc - at least the days are passed when you'd have to plan to return to Yorkshire just before she gives birth!

Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    Congrats etc - at least the days are passed when you'd have to plan to return to Yorkshire just before she gives birth!
    Cheers. I suppose it is congrats but there is still a rather large dark cloud over our home as we are obviously still in mourning and the timing isn't perfect. The only upside is that this one is equally as planned as the other two

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Ruined

The fickle love a TESOL position provides - Was employed until Christmas last Friday, until next Monday this morning at 9am, and by 2pm I was celebrating my last day at work today. Have received an intimate look at the inadequacies of a great number of people in their positions though. Unfortunately most of them are still working there. On the upside, the bloke that got fired last week had been there for 12 years, I've only been there for 8 months. Was kind of expected.

I've never been under any illusions about the merits of a TESOL 'career' fortunately. Unfortunately Tony isn't doing me any favours regarding getting a job in an environmental position either.

Made

- Guess I can sleep in tomorrow.
    - Have ****loads of time to do my assignments now.
    - The above is dependent on how long I muck around with my new computer tomorrow.
    - The above is dependent on how long I have the computer until I have to sell it to fund basic needs (like prostitutes and coke).
    Last edited by Son Of Coco; 16-09-2013 at 03:16 AM.

jan
    made
    junior seems to like kindergarden, first two weeks have passed smoothly though Im pretty sure he doesnt eat much there, the only illness he got from there so far is running nose
    Quote Originally Posted by Bun View Post
    Darn, at his age, I didn't know one needed to insert and ejaculate manship in womanship to create childship!
    left-handed batsman, any fastbowler's bunny, grainy low-res streams watcher

Ruined soc reminded me about prostitues and coke but I can't do anything about it atm
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Today seems an opportune time to re-post the greatest 'STFU and do your job!' phonecalls in recorded history.

Cosa Concordia captain phone convo

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Commiserations and congratulations Goughy. Such wonderful news for you but at such a difficult time.

Made

Burgeinho methodically going through his kit after school today in anticipation of tomorrow's season start. "I'm ready, dad."

You'd think he was setting out on a solo ascent of Everest.

He's doubly happy because he's filling in for my side tomorrow arvo too. Best thing, playing cricket with your son.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Yeah, early on when we were in Shanghai the cricket club was still in its infancy and so my cricketing-challenged dad and I got to play a few games together, was great. Except for when he dropped one off me in the slips for what would've been two in two.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Ruined

The fickle love a TESOL position provides - Was employed until Christmas last Friday, until next Monday this morning at 9am, and by 2pm I was celebrating my last day at work today. Have received an intimate look at the inadequacies of a great number of people in their positions though. Unfortunately most of them are still working there. On the upside, the bloke that got fired last week had been there for 12 years, I've only been there for 8 months. Was kind of expected.

I've never been under any illusions about the merits of a TESOL 'career' fortunately. Unfortunately Tony isn't doing me any favours regarding getting a job in an environmental position either.
    Jeez, that's rough. Sorry to hear.

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post

Made

He's doubly happy because he's filling in for my side tomorrow arvo too. Best thing, playing cricket with your son.
    Due to my early retirement and my lads' total lack of interest I have never had that pleasure, but my Dad came out of retirement when I was 18 and played a match with my brother and myself - quite embarassing in the best possible way - he'd had to stop playing about ten years previously due to a dodgy knee so he wasn't too mobile - he stood at first slip throughout the oppo's knock and held the only two slip catches our side held all season, and then after insisting he was not going to bat higher than number 10 he went in at the end of our innings. He scratched around against a whirlyman for an over or two and the the silly sods decided that because he was so slow on his feet they'd stick the quick man on. The first one and the lad tried to slip himself and bowled a short one outside off stump which my dad hammered through point and the next three, that the startled bowler pitched too far up, got pinged back past him - then the silly old ****er got so carried away that he forgot he couldn't run properly any more and went off for a sharp single and was run out - I felt immensely proud though - I was a very poor cricketer, a horrible stodgy defensive batsman with no eye for a ball at all. My brother (who was barely better than me) and I often used to tell our teammates that our Dad had been a good 'un, and I don't suppose they believed us, so it was nice to be able to show there was some talent in the family

Thread Information