Page 490 of 615 FirstFirst ... 390440480488489490491492500540590 ... LastLast
Results 7,336 to 7,350 of 9215
Like Tree182Likes

Thread: Lord Presents..What Made Your Day + What Ruined Your Day IV

Saw a meteor shower pass overhead, about 5 minutes ago. Just happened to have gone out to the local supermarket and was coming back, what looked like a firework going over head. Disappeared from view within seconds but got a great look at it, about a dozen lights with varying trails following behind. Awesome.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Made:
    Officially graduated from High School. Only the external exams to go and then I can finally head off to University.
    'Fridge to Fridge' was hilarious. Being one of five sober people in a group of 100+ always gives you some decent stories to tell.
    Playing cricket today.

Ruined:
    Got no sleep crashing on a mate's floor.
    Spent most of fridge to fridge trying to coordinate said 100+ people, all on bicycles and without helmets, to get to the right place at the right time without getting seriously injured.
    My sworn enemy:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I hate s smith.
    I give out points for style of which Steve(n) Smith has none.

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Made

Currently two days through a three day robbery trial in the youth court - my co-defendant's advocate is absolutely dreadful with very little grasp of the law, the procedure and how to examine and cross-examine witnesses and the various dropped bollocks and the way she has pissed the judge off has kept me amused and made me look much better than I actually am

Ruined

I don't believe my client is guilty, nor hers for that matter, but she's ****ed it up so badly they're both going to be found guilty

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Bah - even if we lose 1% of our player base I will be mad. The AFL is going through our schools and running programs for our youngsters - so the big game in Wellington is just the tip of the iceberg.

The only thing we're good at is rugby why try to convert our youngsters.
    You need a bit of a slap, I think. Don't really get why you'd want to deny kids the chance to try a new sport, all seems a bit Disney-villain esque.
    Last edited by Uppercut; 22-09-2012 at 02:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    You need a bit of a slap, I think. Don't really get why you'd want to deny kids the chance to try a new sport, all seems a bit Disney-villain esque.
    Relax. Just stating my views bro. Less emotion in your response.

Australia has 3 rugby codes and is the best in the world in two of them but due to the strain on the talent pool is not number 1 in rugby.

Why put ourselves in the same situation.

I had trouble finding an article to support my point about the strain on the talent pool between football codes here is one that dances around the topic

Will rugby league pillage rugby again? | The Roar

When I grew up Auckland was the king of Rugby in New Zealand and yes they are doing well in this year's ITM cup. But they are not dominating. I wonder if kids in that neck of the woods are playing league instead. Why add AFL to the mix.

In terms of what is best for the young kids. When I was a youngster I watched TV and played the sports my heroes played. I think they will play whatever their mates are playing or what is right in front of them and they will not miss the AFL. No one offered me the chance to play AFL when I grew up and I am none the worse for it. I don't feel cheated by not having played it. Likewise I don't feel cheated by not having played NFL football or baseball when I was growing up. They are just sports that come from another country.

Rugby has a special place in our country's history. And it would be a sad day for the NZ male if we should end up knocked off our perch.

Am I over reacting - most likely - unless AFL gets TV coverage here they will not get traction. Am I really going to write a letter to the NZRFU - no way.
    Am I going to bitch about it on a sports forum - why not. I get to say my two cents and get it off my chest.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    You'd have to be nuts to expect a sport with "aussie" in it's name to start to seriously rival rugby over here.
    Exit pursuing a beer

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    Made

Currently two days through a three day robbery trial in the youth court - my co-defendant's advocate is absolutely dreadful with very little grasp of the law, the procedure and how to examine and cross-examine witnesses and the various dropped bollocks and the way she has pissed the judge off has kept me amused and made me look much better than I actually am

Ruined

I don't believe my client is guilty, nor hers for that matter, but she's ****ed it up so badly they're both going to be found guilty
    Would like to see you in action Fred, but best of luck anyway.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Quote Originally Posted by wellAlbidarned View Post
    You'd have to be nuts to expect a sport with "aussie" in it's name to start to seriously rival rugby over here.
    Exactly. All they're looking to do is try and create a bit of a niche market, take a game or two a year over there and it be enough of a novelty to get a few people through the gate.

Made: first haircut in a solid one and a half years. Can already feel my political ideologies changing.

Quote Originally Posted by wellAlbidarned View Post
    Made: first haircut in a solid one and a half years. Can already feel my political ideologies changing.
    Bout time.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

And I don't mean the haircut.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Made

Got to go in the witness box at 2pm to get to the bottom of what may be some police malfeasance. Love it.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    And I don't mean the haircut.
    I still care about other people, sorry

Thread Information