Like Tree197Likes

Thread: Lord Presents..What Made Your Day + What Ruined Your Day IV

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superkingdave View Post
    Made

Completing on my flat tomorrow finally
    Ordered a nice new tv

Ruined

Have HMRC in doing a VAT inspection today - they have already done a PAYE inspection on us this year as well
    Have 3 exams next week, not the best time to be moving haha.
    What exams are those and good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Made

Had one of these over lunch today at Xanthi

The first I've had in a long, long, long time.
    What is a Macedonian Vergina like? My guess would be a bit rough on the palate.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

I never said I'd put it in my mouth
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

cpr
    Burgey, what did the Vergina taste like, was it smooth and sweet, or did it's juice leave a bitter taste?

Dav, methinks they don't trust you, you know too much!
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

cpr
    Been offered a chance to move to Business Tax Directorate (actually in the National Clearing Hub, so tends to cover a fair bit of Customs too), but its only on a level grade, really don't know if its worth going or not. They've been a bit vague about what it entails TBH, sounds very data processy.
    Would potentially add a few new strings to my bow, but I'd be in effect back to square one when it comes to reputation. Also can't guarantee i'd get such supportive managers (and get away with as much **** as I do at the moment). Got until next week to decide, basically hoping one of my promotion applications comes in before then (and hoping they do it off the application sift rather than interview, because I've been bullocking them up left right and centre recently!)

Which department are you in again? And how is your quality for it?

My quality was pretty shoddy a month back. Hate it when a customer is making changes dating back 1-2 years and guidance isn't a load of help. But I am starting to get the hang of it. Do you guys have a proper guidance to follow for your department?

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Made:
    Final Exam done with. Never want to deal with anything related to media law again.

Now to prepare for tomorrow's interview...

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    Which department are you in again? And how is your quality for it?

My quality was pretty shoddy a month back. Hate it when a customer is making changes dating back 1-2 years and guidance isn't a load of help. But I am starting to get the hang of it. Do you guys have a proper guidance to follow for your department?
    We under the Personal Tax banner, which is unsurprising, as I work on Personal Tax.

My quality's been 100% for years, I'm just that ****ing good (actually, I'm more than Good if you believe my PDE's).

Thought you didn't make changes back more than 3 months, unless its the birth of a child? (or your screwing someone out of money - eg forgot to tell you they'd changed jobs etc), not done Tax Credits since Sept 09, and even then I was floorwalking rather than actually taking calls, so i'm a bit rusty. NTC could always be a bit of a bugger for getting it to save changes, especially childcare (never got that 10 rule, seemed silly).

Our guidance is pretty comprehensive. And ****, which is why I ignore it completely. Dunno if your still tied into the CTPs (I've heard rumours that this RBS stuff you use is taking over everything and tying you up in knots), but we've got to stick to them rather than using our brains. They migrated from Tax Credits a few years back, used to allow us to use common sense, but thats a dirty word nowadays. But basically everything is being scripted so a monkey could do the job (but not a Mackem, otherwise Sunderland/Peterlee CC wouldn't **** everything up).

But yeah, we've got the PAYE and SA manuals to fall back on, they are bloody comprehensive, as well as the Taxes Management Act which is great for shooting down a smug accountant. Tax Credits never had anything half as good. Also you've got no escalation routes for really complex cases, whilst we have dedicated Technicians for that sorta thing. It always felt a bit sink or swim on Tax Credits, especially for us as we were purely a contingency site that got forgot about for ages!

Eds
    Quote Originally Posted by Manee View Post
    Fix'd.
    What happened?
    "If that Swann lad is the future of spin bowling in this country, then we're ****ed." - Nasser Hussain, 1997.

It's like a customer says he/she started job last year, but forgot to call and now has left employment. So you have to add the job from last year, end it and then add benefits if they get any. Had a really complex one the other day where they failed security, wanted to end JSA for partner but there was no JSA on system, wanted to start employment for partner, add their own job which they started last year, add CY inc estimates and finally renew their claim. Took me ages with the crappy line they were on, so couldn't hear properly.

RBS is good but when it doesn't work, it's pretty crap. You can't just make the updates because of the tell statements RBS generates and if you don't use them it's a fail. Pretty crap that is.

So how does one go from Tax credits to Personal tax?

cpr
    When I did Tax Credits, if you forgot to tell us within 3 months, tough, you lost the money for that period, no adding old employment details etc.

Didnt realise you had to enter JSA details on your system, thought there was just a tick box on the S17 (God, why do I remember that) for the end of year if they are a perennial claimer.

We supposidly have the same issue with tell statements etc, everyones getting a roasting for it, and its where our quality's suffering the most. Bit of leeway in that so long as we impart the infomation, we don't have to read it word for word.

Our site is a Taxes site, used to help with contingency work during renewal periods, so some teams who started in summer months did Tax Credits first, then moved to taxes after a few months (it meant they could stagger the taxes training a bit, as that was a 8 week course so took a lot of our trainers out of the system). Problem our batch had was we opened the Lillyhall office a few months later, so all our trainers went up there for a number of months, so we ended up doing much longer than normal on Tax Credits whilst they got the Cumbrians upto speed (did a **** job of it....).
    Last edited by cpr; 17-05-2012 at 05:01 PM.

We will most likely get shifted around as well once the peak time for tax credits finishes. Wouldn't mind doing processing work. From what I have heard it's your decision on how to proceed rather than using RBS/CTP. Plus no customers to deal with (can't wait for that ).

Quote Originally Posted by Days of Grace View Post
    RUINED:

Went to the dentist last year and he found no cavities, at least none to be alarmed over.

Went to a spanking new dentistry that opened in my local shopping complex and after an x-ray, the guy told me I had 10 cavities. 10 FFS.

Is this guy after my money and should I get a second opinion?

Keep in mind I live in Japan, so I didn't ask in detail how big the cavities are, etc. Got another appointment next week but may go somewhere else before that.

Anyone had any similar experiences?
    Dental Abuse Driven by Private Equity What happens when you let James P. Gorman near your teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Eds View Post
    What happened?
    Didn't go well and didn't go through to the final. I seemed to split the audience between people who didn't laugh at anything and people who were absolutely pissing themselves. Made for an odd vibe and not a good one. What they laughed at seemed to have no rhyme or reason, tbh. Very odd audience after some woman on ketamine shouted something out at the compere and he scolded her. No act got a good response after that, the three acts who got through were all some time after this audience incident and so none of them got good reactions so I think the judge just chose who he thought was the best, which was fair enough.
    The speed at which a fielding team gets through the innings is overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Manee View Post
    Didn't go well and didn't go through to the final. I seemed to split the audience between people who didn't laugh at anything and people who were absolutely pissing themselves. Made for an odd vibe and not a good one. What they laughed at seemed to have no rhyme or reason, tbh. Very odd audience after some woman on ketamine shouted something out at the compere and he scolded her. No act got a good response after that, the three acts who got through were all some time after this audience incident and so none of them got good reactions so I think the judge just chose who he thought was the best, which was fair enough.
    So I'm guessing Smali turned up then?

Thread Information