Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: why many people dont take vacations?

U19 Debutant

why many people dont take vacations?

I know so many people who have never gone anywhere in life outside their own country, or at the most they have only visited 1-2 countries in life time, why is that? considering there are good travel deals anywhere from $400-$600 always available to so many different countries, so why?

I have traveled to nearly 20 countries in my life and i am only 26 and from this year i am planning to take atleast 2 vacations per year.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    I know a few people who enjoy their careers so much that they dread taking vacations. Many others cannot afford overseas vacations. To each his own.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Wish I could afford to take a gap year and travel >.<
    Hoping to save enough to get down to Australia for some time after my exams next year and stay with my friend who is emigrating this summer.

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    I know a few people who enjoy their careers so much that they dread taking vacations. Many others cannot afford overseas vacations. To each his own.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Wish I could afford to take a gap year and travel >.<
    This too.

Wish i could travel the whole world for one year.
    Don't really have the time or money to do so. Don' t think will do for a while.
    Last edited by Cevno; 04-04-2010 at 04:26 PM.

I won't be going anywhere anytime soon as my passport expires in just over 6 months time.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Never been on a vacation in my life.

Had a few holidays tho, but.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Think this is the longest period I have gone without going abroad, have not been since I got back from that silly Australia place which was September 2008.

Been pretty lucky on the whole though, used to go on a family holiday every year and did my trip to Mongolia in 2006.

Would love to go abroad again though as soon as I get the funds.

Sometimes the hassle of preparing a holiday is daunting enough to discourage travel. Once you're used to it, it's fine, but lots of people don't travel often for financial reasons or lack of spare time, so if they do manage to save up enough money for a single long trip rather than a few short ones, it's really stressful to plan and organise. Not everyone likes to take short holidays, I certainly don't. I haven't gone abroad without a professional reason for doing so, until now (going to NZ in May).
    Last edited by profernity; 04-04-2010 at 07:21 PM.
    "The absolute worst thing anyone could say about you is that you were a selfish, moral blank, whose lazy cynicism and sneering, ironic take on the world encapsulates everything wrong with a generation. But you, my friend, are not evil."

What is Mongolia like? I heard in the capital there is a bar dedicated to Adolf Hitler, but I have NFI if that is true or not.

Partly to do with money.

Partly to do with the fact that if you go travelling you stay relatively busy and don't necessarily get good amounts of sleep. If you get holidays after a heavy period working it often makes more sense to just stay where you are and get some rest and relaxation.
    Stedders' Supported XI (in batting order)
    NJ Kruger, *SM Katich, LA Carseldine, MEK Hussey, Mohammad Ashraful, NT Broom, AA Noffke, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, DE Bollinger, WAP Mendis.

CricketWeb Black!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think Ponting forgot to take his Swiss Ulti-Vites when he was on 99 not out.
    RIP Fardin.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    What is Mongolia like? I heard in the capital there is a bar dedicated to Adolf Hitler, but I have NFI if that is true or not.
    The bar we went to on our last night was 'Irish' themed, did got to a few local ones though.

Certainly did not come across it although in the school we did some work at there was an amazing little museum which had clearly not been updated since the collapse of the Soviet Union, claimed that Lenin had been assasinated though.

Is an amazing place. Once you get out of Ulaanbaatar is just incredibly remote, think I actually most enjoyed the travel days, just watching the scenery for hours on end. Went on a school related thing called world challenge so it was pretty structured but trecked for a few days and then did some horse riding, not something I would normally either so was good. (always hated camping though)

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Do we save a lot... do we go on holiday...

Slippy and Saeed to rob us while we pull an SS in Europe.

haha SS in Europe.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    haha SS in Europe.

Wait, are we laughing at the gun toting SS in Europe, or the elite German infantry?
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Quote Originally Posted by SaeedAnwar View Post
    I know so many people who have never gone anywhere in life outside their own country, or at the most they have only visited 1-2 countries in life time, why is that? considering there are good travel deals anywhere from $400-$600 always available to so many different countries, so why?

I have traveled to nearly 20 countries in my life and i am only 26 and from this year i am planning to take atleast 2 vacations per year.
    Based on your previous posts on OT, I'll hazard a guess and say that you've never been to Amsterdam

U19 Debutant
    ^ just to the airport, sevaral times infact, but never got a chance to explore the city, why though?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information