Cricket Player Manager

Thread: NZ have done it!

NZ have done it!

That is right New Zealand have the Tri-Nations and the Bledisloe Cup beating Australia 21-17 at Eden Park, Auckland.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Tim
    bloody good match.

I know alot of people were writing Australia off but they were relentless in the 2nd half but NZ held them out superbly.

Its obvious that the damp conditions in NZ didn't really help to open running rugby but it doesn't hurt for the AB's to play some matches like these although on bone dry conditions in October i'd have to say we're going to be a very tough team to beat.

Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!
    yay!
    "Matt Damon"

dammit.... i reckon both of those 2 dis-allowed should have been tries :!(. good game tho. i think if Aus meet NZ in WC we should win.
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

Blacks ftw

Tim
    lol no way...there was no evidence that Larkham had hit the post with the ball and the other one was obvious that the Australian player was held up.
    If any of them had a case it was Chris Jack and the one that he at least forced down..it was a 50/50.

I think there is no coincidence to the fact that both the grounds that NZ put 50 points on were excellent running rugby conditions.
    Alot of these new players like to run the ball around and they are going to turn the ball over in wet conditions.
    Im not saying we'll win the WC but we'll be there or there abouts.

I'm not a huge rugby fan but it looks like it could be a very close and exciting world cup - England in theory are the top side while alot of people over here are talking up France. Then there are the traditional southern hemisphere sides who competed in this tri series, and it's tough to pick one who stands out.
    My house is burned down but I can see the sky.

International Captain thierry henry's Avatar
    Yeah Bazza, when NZ wins 4/4 and South Africa and Australia win 1/4, and when New Zealand puts 50 points on both of them away from home, it sure is hard to pick one that stands out:rolleyes:

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    I think Bazza was perhaps referring to the fact that there wasn't much between them when they played England - or not much between them on reputation beforehand.

I was very impressed with NZ throughout the Tri-Nations and would look on them as England's biggest threat (or perhaps look upon England as New Zealand's threat) in the forthcoming WC.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Tim
    Its pretty obvious that on hard turf and in good running conditions NZ are going to be very tough to beat...it was no coincidence that during the tri nations when NZ played their best rugby it was in S.A & Australia where you have more confidence to run at the opposition.

In wet & windy conditions i.e. NZ during winter, its likely that NZ will play poorly or even lose a couple of tests because the ball gets slippery & when NZ try to pass it wide it won't always stick.

So I think at the World Cup in October where 95% of the matches should be good for open rugby, NZ should be a very tough team to beat..and while that may sound bias, I think NZ's performances have backed up what i've said.

Well it is summer in Australia and the cricket season would have began.

All Time Legend Paid The Umpire's Avatar
    the hitting the post try... was just that... a try!

also it looks as if Australia will be murdered in the World Cup, as they are making too many errors and they are being very repetative.

International Captain thierry henry's Avatar
    the hitting the post try... was just that... a try!
    Except there was little or no chance that the ball hit the post, which anyone with 2 functioning eyes could see, and that Larkham himself knew he hadn't scored, and told his teammates as such, which is why nobody celebrated and the forwards were prepared for the scrum.

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    yea it was a real good match to watch, honestly new zealand are preparing really well for the worldcup

But i bet if we lose 2 matches before the worldcup the public are going to be nuts against the captain , coach and the team
    Don L-o-d , Legion Of Doom

Lords Lounge, Off Topic, The Happening Place in CW and OT.

Co Chairman CWBCC - Cricketweb XI - CW Green | Manager of Hampshire CC - Wccc | Chairman of the Muralitharan Supporters Club ~MSC~ |

Current Stats:
    2* - 17-4-35-3 - Season Ends..

Current Record
    Batting - RHB: M:48 Inns:43 Runs:457 H/S:33* Ave:15.5 N.O:10
    Bowling - Off Spin: O:280 M:40 Runs:975 Wickets:104 Ave:9.3 S.R:15.6

That would be a certainty.

Thread Information