Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Ipad - I just dont get it

Ipad - I just dont get it

I can understand the logic behind the Ipod and Iphone but the Ipad really has me stumped

The thing is nothing more than a big hand-held but is too slow to be a half-decent laptop

Bottom line is that I cant believe the world will suddenly change the way they buy movies or books simply because Apple has attached its brand to a ho hum device

Having said that, it'll probably rake in billions

It is going to fail. You heard it here first.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Never heard of it tbh...
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    I can understand the logic behind the Ipod and Iphone but the Ipad really has me stumped

The thing is nothing more than a big hand-held but is too slow to be a half-decent laptop

Bottom line is that I cant believe the world will suddenly change the way they buy movies or books simply because Apple has attached its brand to a ho hum device

Having said that, it'll probably rake in billions
    This is already better. I absolutely love my iPhone, and I am a big fan of tablet laptops, so I was really excited today, but I am completely dissapointed. It's basically an iPhone with a bigger screen and without the phone. And you can't play flash on it still. WTF? Still? That is absolutely ridiculous. And you get the iPhone OS, not a full OS, so you're pretty much tied to a vendor. The U1 I linked to in that youtube video does everything iPad does, and it's a full computer when you need it.
    Last edited by silentstriker; 27-01-2010 at 10:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Will make money initially because people will buy anything with an i in front of it. That's the power of Apple that they can make overpriced anything and people will buy it. Seems pointless, especially with the iPhone where it is at the moment.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

The...er...Twitter[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Never under-estimate Apple fanboyism.

Anyway, it looks like a lot of fun to use even if it doesn't have strong purpose. Tbh, just the experience of using a computer hasn't been fun since the Amiga (yes, still hurts) was popular, Windows since '95 has blanded us to death with boring, buggy and faulty GUI's. So I say let them have their market share and let the users have their fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    It is going to fail. You heard it here first.
    No-one heard that here first.

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    This is already better.
    Like the fact it's technologically superior matters. OS/2 and AmigaOS FTL.

Most folks who are impressed by the Apple already own at least one of its product ipod/iphone/mac and I dont understand what good use it will be of to spend another 600-1000 bucks on something like this.

I like ipods and absolutely love iphones but this is not going to work. Very disappointed.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Most folks who are impressed by the Apple already own at least one of its product ipod/iphone/mac and I dont understand what good use it will be of to spend another 600-1000 bucks on something like this.
    I think this will appeal more to the trendwhores. Because Apple is marketing/will market this as the coolest new accessory, and that's enough for a lot of people to "have to have it!!!!". If it settles in around $500 it'll do fine I think. But only initially.

I like ipods and absolutely love iphones but this is not going to work. Very disappointed.
    TBH, that's why tablet PC's in general have never taken off. Nothing they can do isn't covered by a laptop/desktop and they solve no fundamental problems of computing;

"Damn this room, which is full of a computer, is huuuge! Where am I going to put my desk?" Solution? Desktop.
    "Damn, wish I could communicate with other computers!" Solution? Networking. Subsequently, WiFi.
    "Damn, wish this desktop could move!" Solution? Laptop

Etc. Tablets have always been toys. Therefore, SS = trendwhore.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 27-01-2010 at 11:18 PM.

I'd be VERY surprised if it failed.
    Last edited by pasag; 27-01-2010 at 11:47 PM.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Mate of mine from Oz just rang to ask me whether I could get him an Ipad in Dubai as it's tax-free and so most computers etc are much cheaper

I asked him why he wanted it and he couldnt provide me with any sort of rationale other than he just had to have one

If I wanted one, I'll wait until knock offs come out from China and I would buy it that way. But no I don't need or want one, and I prefer having normal books printed on paper.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Interested to have a look and a play. Based on that, could buy one. Love my iPhone, and potentially this could offer more of what I'd like to do, while including the things that make me like my iPhone more than any computer I've had since... ever.

I think the Apple fanboyism is the same as why people like consoles - people like products that tend to work the way they are meant to, and are consistently enjoyable to use even if you have no idea about how they work etc, even if they're not cutting edge. If I want something that offers rewards if you're prepared to spend lots of time and money on maintenance to keep currency and which will shut you down for reasons that make no sense to men, I'd go back to courting my wife.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information