Page 51 of 363 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: What are you thinking right now?

Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    General Studies ffs, think I slept half the exam and still got a B.
    Good old general studies, managed to fail the ever so slightly Mathsy one, I get nervous at the sight of a graph but got 100% on the 'what is your opinion?' one. Such a waste of time, still have no idea why they bother with it.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    Good old general studies, managed to fail the ever so slightly Mathsy one, I get nervous at the sight of a graph but got 100% on the 'what is your opinion?' one. Such a waste of time, still have no idea why they bother with it.
    Haha you shouldn't knock it. I'm convinced that me getting an A in it contributed massively to me getting several offers from Universities I didn't have the grades to get in to. Either that or my personal statement was just that good, something I consider to be very unlikely.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    South West, and yeah. I did indeed go for a swim, was bloody cold at the start of the day but warmed up and by about 1pm going out as far as belly button height was warm enough. The first dip was so cold it just knocked the breath out of me. Trotted over to a different part of the beach to do a little jumping as well, tide was in before we left to get there though so was an absolute nightmare, amount of ridiculously rocks we had to climb and then somehow negotiate our way down just to do the same for the next rock. Never again, I'll take the road
    Haha, when I put my feet in, it wasn't as bad as I thought, for about 20 seconds, til my feet went blue. And I mean blue.

Fmd it was cold. Took about an hour for the feeling to come back in my feet.

Got this thing about swimming wherever I go tbh. So far have swum in the Pacific, Indian and Atlantic Oceans. Think I'll give the Arctic a miss, if this was anything to go by.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Haha yeah, I'm not sure what I was expecting it to be like at 9:30am but I lost all feeling in my toes pretty quickly but as I said it did get a lot nicer.
    Am struggling to imagine what it's like down under during your summers.

Girlfriend tried to get me to go in the Sea at Cape Cornwall a few days after Christmas last year, I told her it was simply not going to happen. And it didn't, thank god.

Haha yeah, I'm not sure what I was expecting it to be like at 9:30am but I lost all feeling in my toes pretty quickly but as I said it did get a lot nicer.
    Went swimming once in Australia and cut my foot on some bloody coral, no one told me not to stand up on it.

One of the local villages has everybody run into the sea on New Years Eve at the strike of midnight. Can imagine that's absolutely freezing, also a miracle how there aren't a number of casualties. Darkness+alcohol+water+pandemonium doesn't seem like an ideal mix

One of the local villages has everybody run into the sea on New Years Eve at the strike of midnight. Can imagine that's absolutely freezing, also a miracle how there aren't a number of casualties. Darkness+alcohol+water+pandemonium doesn't seem like an ideal mix
    Was a hair's breadth away from making a joke about Michael Barrymore in response to this. But I won't...though the tempation is very much there...

Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    Went swimming once in Australia and cut my foot on some bloody coral, no one told me not to stand up on it.
    Well it wasn't bloody until you cut your foot on it!
    Hate thinking about what is under the water. Jus the idea of weaver fish induces mild panic

Hot, tbh. Very bloody hot. Tend to find the water here, for the most part, gives you a shock when you first get in, but afterwards is really refreshing. Was a bit surprised not to get that shock when I first went in over your way. I think the cold there bypasses the nerve-endings and goes straight to your bones.

Now is a great time to swim here. The water is warmer than the outside temperature. Win.

Today would be a good day for an umbrella hat.

But honestly, is there ever a day that's not a good day for an umbrella hat?

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Hot, tbh. Very bloody hot. Tend to find the water here, for the most part, gives you a shock when you first get in, but afterwards is really refreshing. Was a bit surprised not to get that shock when I first went in over your way. I think the cold there bypasses the nerve-endings and goes straight to your bones.

Now is a great time to swim here. The water is warmer than the outside temperature. Win.
    Yeah water temp is still 22. My favourite time of year. Heaps of swell. Warm water. Tourists gone home
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
    But honestly, is there ever a day that's not a good day for an umbrella hat?
    Well, some have a different view, but I think not.

Was it good for you? It was for me.

Thread Information