Cricket Player Manager
Page 360 of 370 FirstFirst ... 260310350358359360361362 ... LastLast
Results 5,386 to 5,400 of 5537
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: What are you thinking right now?

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash

I am thinking this was the greatest show of all time.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

The Grade Cricketer gets it bang on again.

https://twitter.com/gradecricketer/s...34418395799552
    Samuel_Vimes likes this.

Cricket Spectator
    thinking of meal .....

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Thinking that this whole 'solar roadway' thing that has gone viral is ridiculously stupid.

You can spend literally billions to trillions of dollars to develop and pave roads with hexagonal panels made of expensive toughened glass so they don't break when tons of metal roll over them at high speed, that require incredibly complex wiring and maintenance systems, in a context where it takes months (and thousands of dollars) to get a simple pot hole fixed.

Or you can put increasingly cheap, traditional solar panels on top of the lots and lots of buildings that already exist and get the same effect for nowhere near the investment.
    My sworn enemy:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I hate s smith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I give out points for style of which Steve(n) Smith has none.

The artist formerly known as Monk Red Hill's Avatar
    In a country like Australia, is it realistic to think that we could get all our electricity needs from solar?

I'm putting solar onto our place soon, and the expectation is that I wont have any power bills.

Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    In a country like Australia, is it realistic to think that we could get all our electricity needs from solar?

I'm putting solar onto our place soon, and the expectation is that I wont have any power bills.
    My parents got solar a while ago. It doesn't cover all of our energy needs (mostly at night, funnily enough), but it does slightly cheapen the energy you still use from the grid, given during the day you tend to produce energy in excess of your consumption and sell it back to the power company. Very worthwhile investment IMO

I doubt you'll get to energy independence though

As for the first part - I'm not qualified to answer but I suspect not, at least in the short to medium term

The artist formerly known as Monk Red Hill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    My parents got solar a while ago. It doesn't cover all of our energy needs (mostly at night, funnily enough), but it does slightly cheapen the energy you still use from the grid, given during the day you tend to produce energy in excess of your consumption and sell it back to the power company. Very worthwhile investment IMO

I doubt you'll get to energy independence though

As for the first part - I'm not qualified to answer but I suspect not, at least in the short to medium term
    My parents signed on to solar a few years ago, when the power companies/gov't/whoever were paying a lot more to put power back in to the grid. During a few summers, they had "bills" that were actually credits for $50-$100. I think the providers/gov't have tightened up on that now though.

This is probably already a thing, but I can't see any reason why someone wouldn't develop a home air-con system that has a direct solar input. That way on the hot sunny days, your air-con is cost and carbon neutral.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post

You've got sixty squadrillion square miles of outback with nearly no cloud cover and people, right? I'd imagine something like this would be possible.
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

Dan
    Two main sticking points I can see at the moment:
    - Governments that don't believe burning oil/coal causes any problems whatsoever.
    - Getting the investment $ when coal is still currently cheaper.

It does seem like a pretty obvious solution though, given how much sun we get in our twenty dodecillion square miles of desert.

Also we've got various wind turbines around, and have the potential to use nuclear power better than any other place in the world, so while we could make it all renewable, I doubt we'd see 100% solar. But that's just being pedantic.

Plus, while it's not strictly electricity per se, I don't see anyone coming up with solar or nuclear planes any time soon; I don't think we'll move entirely off oil within our lifetimes.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Cockriding Jono, the Canali boutique on Macquarie Street has started its half yearly sale. I strongly recommend you firstly develop a sense of style then take it to the store and get a new wardrobe.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"
    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Michael Gove bears a striking resemblance to Neville Cardus, but unlike Cardus is a complete tosser

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Cockriding Jono, the Canali boutique on Macquarie Street has started its half yearly sale. I strongly recommend you firstly develop a sense of style then take it to the store and get a new wardrobe.
    Was checking out the MJ Bale pop-up sale on Martin Place this afternoon actually.

Mind you, we can't all have your noir Dick Tracy style:

"I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    ****ing lawyers. dermo and i will be at lowes in leichhardt
    Jono likes this.
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Was checking out the MJ Bale pop-up sale on Martin Place this afternoon actually.

Mind you, we can't all have your noir Dick Tracy style:

Yeah look, the vintage coat was a wonderful gift and I love it, because it's not too heavy. But this week I jagged a new Navy trenchie and a suede casual jacket for a comparative song.

Deal with it.
    Jono likes this.

Thread Information