Page 354 of 363 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356 ... LastLast
Results 5,296 to 5,310 of 5441
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: What are you thinking right now?

International Vice-Captain Monk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Hate this **** in junior cricket so much. Just a **** act from a **** club. What ****s me is I'm back to umpire when we bat next week but I don't go for square ups as it's completely a low act to shaft kids.
    Yeh, I hear you. I've been playing thirds and fourth, self umpired. Really ****s me when they don't give them (LBW decisions and edges), then the attitude of our team is "don't give any", but as a bowler, and a relatively moral person, I find this ****. Avoid doing central like the plague, happy to sit on the scorebook all arvo rather than do central.
    I shiver, thinking how easy it is to be totally wrong about people - to see one tiny part of them and confuse it for the whole, to see the cause and think its the effect or vice versa.

I managed to pretend I was iliyterate for years to avoid scoring. Fine with umpiring. Best seat in the house
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Seems I'm still doing a good job of it

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Yeh, I hear you. I've been playing thirds and fourth, self umpired. Really ****s me when they don't give them (LBW decisions and edges), then the attitude of our team is "don't give any", but as a bowler, and a relatively moral person, I find this ****. Avoid doing central like the plague, happy to sit on the scorebook all arvo rather than do central.
    i played in a self-umpired game a few weeks ago, our captain and their captain talked before the game and said "let's make this a fair game, walk on edges etc". so we bowl first, have them about 6/50 odd, their captain's on 30 and absolutely smashes one behind and isn't given, doesn't walk. alright whatever, we bowled them out for about 80 anyway. but then when we're batting a short call catches one of our openers on the shoulder, missing the bat and isn't given out by our central (the nicest, most timid person you'll ever meet). their captain's response? "nah this is **** get another umpire out here!"

another time this season i was bowling, the other team's captain was at the non-striker's end and someone from the other team was doing central. i bowl, top edge, caught; the non-striker as soon as i bowled it said "that's a no ball" and the umpire went "oh" and put his arm out. i asked him what he saw, he said that my heel was in the air but it was behind the line, i said look bud if you read the rules you'll find that that's a legal delivery, in the end it got called a dead ball. a few overs later the captain/backseat umpire smashed one behind and wasn't given.

tl;dr i hate everybody
    Hurricane likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    s
    ^real tearjerker from this cock

Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    I managed to pretend I was iliyterate for years to avoid scoring. Fine with umpiring. Best seat in the house
    What do you mean "pretend"?

it's my birthday and i don't even care. i'm getting old

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    happy birthday dude.

haven't forgiven you all for missing my 21st.

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc
    Quote Originally Posted by ajdude View Post
    Don't fret - when you get really old you start caring again

Quote Originally Posted by ajdude View Post
    yeah well i don't either ****

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Post script to last week.

Pissing down and the game a draw. They are two points ahead of us but have a bye next week - no points - and we play a side out of the finals. If we win that we get a home semi and finish second.

Karma is a botch for that ****. He wanted to hang around and see if it fined up for a bit, which is fair enough. Of course it didn't.

**** him. **** Bah Bahs. See you in the semis, ****.
    Last edited by Burgey; 28-02-2014 at 03:55 PM.

trust it to be pissing down in sydney. bewdiful up here for our meaningless last round of the season, having already secured the minor premiership with a forfeit last week.

odd that you get no points for byes. in seasons with byes, we usually get the points at the end of the season, we get the average of all our other games as the result for the bye.

You get 10 points for byes in seniors here, the same as for an outright win, provided you umpire neutral games in other grades you are allocated by the association at the start of the season. If you don't umpire you don't get the points and the club gets a $100 fine for every umpire who doesn't front.

No points awarded for byes in junior competitions.

neutral umps sounds like a good idea, but wouldnt work without byes.

Yeah it also works well because there are about 15 grades in the district so they allocate mostly to grades your own club doesn't have a side in. They don't have byes in the top three or four grades usually, but they have black and whites anyway. All the other draws have byes in them deliberately so everyone has to umpire. It just takes the aggro out of it if there's a dud decision. If you're umpiring your own blokes it just gets ugly

yeah definitely, we have player umpires a lot of the time. given the laid back nature of this area, mostly it goes smoothly but you do get some ****wits. have sent a few ****s off in my time. havent actually had a stink, but have come close on a few occasions.

Thread Information