Page 338 of 363 FirstFirst ... 238288328336337338339340348 ... LastLast
Results 5,056 to 5,070 of 5441
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: What are you thinking right now?

Cricket Spectator
    I am thinking that the Aussies are two faced. They load about Broad not walking, it was Greg Chappell that said it's the umpires jod to give a batsman out. He never walked, so stop bitching when it happens to you.

Thinking about what might have been. Labour leader David Shearer steps down - National - NZ Herald News

I believe he would have been a really great prime minister. He's just too nice a guy for the politics and campaigning required to get there. Time for some electable **** to take over, I guess. Democracy sucks sometimes.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gavbro View Post
    I am thinking that the Aussies are two faced. They load about Broad not walking, it was Greg Chappell that said it's the umpires jod to give a batsman out. He never walked, so stop bitching when it happens to you.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
    Thinking about what might have been. Labour leader David Shearer steps down - National - NZ Herald News

I believe he would have been a really great prime minister. He's just too nice a guy for the politics and campaigning required to get there. Time for some electable **** to take over, I guess. Democracy sucks sometimes.

there's a fine line between nice guy and pushover, and shearer was clearly walking on it. If you can't manage to make John Key look like a **** as opposition leader then you're in the wrong business.
    Exit pursuing a beer

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Shearer wasn't a leader or a public speaker, simple as.

I hope Robertson gets it because I refuse to vote for ****liffe, which would make Labour a no-go for me. ****ing sleaze.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Shearer wasn't a leader or a public speaker, simple as.
    True, but he did have moments of brilliance at it, like this one last week:

Key: If there was a terrorist attack, David Shearer would be running for the hills.
    Shearer: I didn't in Iraq.

Boom. He didn't say stuff like that enough, and he was far too modest about his amazing achievements. If I'd been working for his campaign, I would have tried to focus on the fact that while Key was making his millions, Shearer was doing some pretty heroic stuff in dangerous places like Iraq, Rwanda etc. I really think a lot of voters had no idea about that.

Ah well. Not to be. Hopefully Labour will sneak over the line in 2014 and Shearer can be a brilliant foreign affairs minister.

I agree about Cunliffe. I don't like him either. It's weird. He seems to be widely despised by his caucus colleagues and voters alike, yet he remains so prominent. It's a mystery.

I'd like to see Robertson get it too, but I'd worry that he'd fall into that same 'too nice' trap as Shearer did. Then there's also the issue of his sexual orientation - it really shouldn't matter, but I think it might be a problem for him. Some people, sadly, might not feel ready to elect a gay prime minister.

I see Shane Jones has entered the race. He's awesome, but I don't think he stands a chance - his past... indiscretions will count against him.

The people who wouldn't vote for Robertson based on his sexuality wouldn't vote for Labour anyway. In fact they really shouldn't be allowed to vote at all.

Jacinda Adern is pretty popular with younger lefties.

When Key goes Nikki Kaye would be one I would support getting in ahead of the far right Bill English clones or the fake libertarians, but her being a hot young blonde with very un-National like beliefs in some areas and a very un-National background (scientist) might hold her back,.

But she seriously knows her **** and she speaks very well. It's why she's a cabinet minister already. Depends on how good she is at controlling the sharks I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    The people who wouldn't vote for Robertson based on his sexuality wouldn't vote for Labour anyway. In fact they really shouldn't be allowed to vote at all.
    slightly overestimating a large proportion of the NZ public here imo

Yeah. It's the undecideds in the middle who determine the outcome of the election, and a lot of them will be more uneasy with it than we'd like to think.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
    True, but he did have moments of brilliance at it, like this one last week:

Key: If there was a terrorist attack, David Shearer would be running for the hills.
    Shearer: I didn't in Iraq.

Boom. He didn't say stuff like that enough, and he was far too modest about his amazing achievements. If I'd been working for his campaign, I would have tried to focus on the fact that while Key was making his millions, Shearer was doing some pretty heroic stuff in dangerous places like Iraq, Rwanda etc. I really think a lot of voters had no idea about that.

Ah well. Not to be. Hopefully Labour will sneak over the line in 2014 and Shearer can be a brilliant foreign affairs minister.

I agree about Cunliffe. I don't like him either. It's weird. He seems to be widely despised by his caucus colleagues and voters alike, yet he remains so prominent. It's a mystery.I'd like to see Robertson get it too, but I'd worry that he'd fall into that same 'too nice' trap as Shearer did. Then there's also the issue of his sexual orientation - it really shouldn't matter, but I think it might be a problem for him. Some people, sadly, might not feel ready to elect a gay prime minister.

I see Shane Jones has entered the race. He's awesome, but I don't think he stands a chance - his past... indiscretions will count against him.
    Not really. Cunliffe is a strong public speaker with a good background in diplomacy, economics and social policy and a lot of experience in NZ politics. Also, as distasteful as we may find it, ambition (even naked ambition) is crucial for any top level politician, and Cunliffe has it in spades.

Hillariously **** poet though: Candidate profile: David Cunliffe - Story - Inside Politics - Politics - 3 News

Don't think Robertson being gay will be any more of an issue for the electorate than Obama being black was for America. The only people who would be bothered by it are already locked in for NZ First and the Conservative party. Still, I could see how it might spook those responsible for deciding the next Labour leader so I agree that it's probably unlikely. A Cunliffe-Robertson pairing seems most likely at this stage. In any case, I still struggle to see a Labour-led coalition winning the next election.
    Last edited by Bahnz; 27-08-2013 at 05:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    Not really. Cunliffe is a strong public speaker with a good background in diplomacy, economics and social policy and a lot of experience in NZ politics. Also, as distasteful as we may find it, ambition (even naked ambition) is crucial for any top level politician, and Cunliffe has it in spades.
    Yeah, true. But he has a painting of himself up on the wall of his living room FFS.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    I saw that! And the word for word copying of Grant Robertson's press release announcing his decision to stand for the leadership! What a man!

Must be nice to be able to display your fapping material on your wall like that.

Key will wreck him. New Zealand and his own party already hate the ****. All Key needs to do is continually bring up incidents like the painting and the press release and ****liffe will sink. I wouldn't be surprised to see Labour make him the leader just so they can get rid of him for good. Enough rope and all that.

Apache OpenOffice

Never. Again. ****ing. Nightmare.

cpr
    The only thing that unites Brits and Aussies is the mutual agreement that Fosters is gnats piss.

Yet I'm ashamed to say the Radlers they do are pretty nice. Basically a 2% cloudy lemonade. Not a bad thing to sup when you're pottering around the house in a evening tidying up.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Thread Information