Page 323 of 363 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,845 of 5439
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: What are you thinking right now?

cpr
    I'm guessing what Flem posted was what he was thinking at the time he read your post, meaning his post is valid for this thread.

Tsk, technicalities
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Lol, just explaining myself. Wasn't questioning his right to post (again a technicality).

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    Where are the tears Mr President for the children that die due to your drone strikes?
    Yup and all the kids killed in palestine from weapons he has sanctioned. ****ing disgusting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

cpr
    Or the kids missed off Santa's 'Nice List.'

Tragic.

Oh yeah, thats right, Obama is a man who, whether you agree with what he does or not, is expected to make tough decisions, be strong about them, and see them though. I'm sure he hates the fact innocent people are killed/injured by his decisions, but he can steel himself against that by knowing in advance, and telling himself (rightly or wrongly, thats not the issue) that its for a greater good.

However when the children killed are 'his', and not part of an ongoing conflict but an act of incomprehensable savagry, then I suppose its harder to keep his emotions in check.
    Last edited by cpr; 16-12-2012 at 04:49 PM.

And drone attacks on civilians aren't an act of savagery? But that's just statistics I guess.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    And drone attacks on civilians aren't an act of savagery? But that's just statistics I guess.
    Of course they are, but the sad reality of a conflict is there are two types of people - "Ours" and "Others".
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

There's no ours involved. It's machines dropping bombs. And it's not achieving anything.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    Yup and all the kids killed in palestine from weapons he has sanctioned. ****ing disgusting.
    I don't see why you find the whole thing sarcastic. Is it amusing when people are killed from drones attacks?

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    There's no ours involved. It's machines dropping bombs. And it's not achieving anything.
    I don't disagree with you, I'm just saying that's how they look at it. There's no "ours" involved because a bloke on an aircraft acrrier a thousand miles away or wherever flies the drone, as opposed to a pilot in a jet or troops on th eground.

cpr
    Didn't say that, in fact deliberately avoided the argument of 'were the politics behind his actions right or wrong', I was just stating he has to take actions, has to think of the consequences, satisfy himself with them, and if justifiable to him/his nations overall strategic aims, take them. If innocents are hurt, he's prepared, expected, steeled himself and justified it to himself, hence no tears...... However when a random attack occurs with no tangible reason which kills innocents he is duty bound to protect, forgive him for not having his emotions in check.
    Last edited by cpr; 16-12-2012 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Didn't say that, in fact deliberately avoided the argument of 'were the politics behind his actions right or wrong', I was just stating he has to take actions, has to think of the consequences, satisfy himself with them, and if justifiable to him/his nations overall strategic aims, take them. If innocents are hurt, he's prepared, expected, steeled himself and justified it to himself, hence no tears...... However when a random attack occurs with no tangible reason which kills innocents he is duty bound to protect, forgive him for not having his emotions in check.
    Didn't mean to accuse you. Sorry if it came out like that.

Must be a cold heart that always has to justify when children die as collateral. I could never do it and would always see myself as a monster if I was in that position.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    he can probably justify it by reminding himself that he's the commander-in-chief, and flying killing robots that allow the US to kill their enemies without sending in any troops who might be placed in danger is worth it, children dying as collateral and all.

i mean it's pretty obvious isn't it

of course doesn't mean it's right and something has to be done about it. but yeah
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Must be a cold heart that always has to justify when children die as collateral. I could never do it and would always see myself as a monster if I was in that position.
    That's geopolitics, son.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    I can now understand why no-one bothers to fix broken headphones, despite it being a pretty simple job theoretically. Fiddly as ****.
    Exit pursuing a beer

Thread Information