Page 228 of 362 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278328 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 5417
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: What are you thinking right now?

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    The kids in school choirs on open days are singing the same songs choirs used to sing when I was a kid.
    Even this one?
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

Pay day today! OOoooooooweeeeeeeee!!!!!

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    You've got to be ****ting me...

Skepticlawyer Sentencing by plebiscite
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    I don't know why, but I've always pictured Burgey jammin' to this tune in front of the mirror every mornin'

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    This doco, The Men Who Brought the Dawn on History, is very, very good.

that somedays i can say too much ...
    And I recall my fall from grace, another time another place..

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Am wet and hungry. Watching the Social Network later. Maybe they should make a film about Cricket Web. Could have a scene like the one at the start of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 with all the Harry Potters, but with Precams.
    Last edited by GIMH; 16-08-2011 at 11:30 AM.
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    I'm thinking I should get up shortly. The hard decisions a student must make.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Am wet and hungry. Watching the Social Network later. Maybe they should make a film about Cricket Web. Could have a scene like the one at the start of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 with all the Harry Potters, but with Precams.
    That's Gold Jerry, Gold!
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    I wish to have my say about the show Australian Master Chef. I think it should be taken off air as the participants are not mature enough to handle the emotional ups and downs of the show.
    "I am sorry Sophie but your cake wasn't up to scratch"
    "I am so sorry" *starts crying*

Do we have to have tears every episode - are people not capable of accepting constructive criticism without breaking down. Just ban the show - if the participants can not conduct themselves like adults.

Imagine if they conducted themselves like that in real life - I am pulling you over for speeding - OMG tears roll down the drivers face.

I realise that the pressure of TV must get to you after a while but get a grip.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Haha, excellent post.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    had a good chuckle from this .

SOME time ago, when approached by the one-time AC/DC bassist Mark Evans for advice on writing his book of memoirs, I emphasised that if ever in doubt, whack in more anecdotes. As in, leave the heavy analysis to the music writers, while you deliver on what only you can - yarns from life on the road with the lads.

Released a fortnight ago, Dirty Deeds is a beauty and is indeed chocka with great yarns, including this one: in April 1977, Evans finds himself at the end of two days straight of rampaging through Paris with lead singer Bon Scott, who he describes as like ''your slightly crazed uncle the one who gets outrageously pissed at weddings and tries it on with all the young lassies''. As the sun comes up over the Boulevard Saint-Germain, Evans and Scott repair to the hotel balcony to share one last bottle of Bordeaux.

''We were well and truly lit up and savouring a stunning Parisian sunrise,'' Evans recounts. ''Life was good. I'd come a long way from Prahran - and in a pretty short time. As I was having a serious gloat to Bon, who was somewhat the worse for wear after two days on the turps, he stared fixedly at the Eiffel Tower with an odd look on his face.
    '''What's up, mate?' I asked him.

''Slowly, Bon turned to me. 'You know,' he said, 'there's a tower just like that in Paris.'

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    its a keeper

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I wish to have my say about the show Australian Master Chef. I think it should be taken off air as the participants are not mature enough to handle the emotional ups and downs of the show.
    "I am sorry Sophie but your cake wasn't up to scratch"
    "I am so sorry" *starts crying*

Do we have to have tears every episode - are people not capable of accepting constructive criticism without breaking down. Just ban the show - if the participants can not conduct themselves like adults.

Imagine if they conducted themselves like that in real life - I am pulling you over for speeding - OMG tears roll down the drivers face.

I realise that the pressure of TV must get to you after a while but get a grip.
    Haha, I wish to have my say and ask why on earth you were watching Australian Masterchef in the first place?!

Seriously though, on a reality TV show you need a certain amount of emotionally driven contestants so you get enough drama to keep the show interesting; so I think the more contestants like "Sophie", the better for the producers of a reality TV show.

Simon Champion!
    No mods online right now.

Anarchy!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information