Page 218 of 363 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268318 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 5441
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: What are you thinking right now?

Wanking off at the pay packages of Tier I law firms. Corporate law sounds epic.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

vcs
    Exciting life as well...

Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    Exciting life as well...

Don't really care about how life is at the firm tbh. As long as it pays well, I'm happy to enter. All speculation at this point anyway considering I need to be in the top 20% of even an NLU to crack a Tier I law firm.

God bless Corporate India and it's college prestige dominant hiring policies.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    Give up now, you're in it for the wrong reason.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Check out hours worked and depression levels too.

Lawyers With Depression:
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Dude just come to the US/Canada and get an undergrad degree, ace all your courses and the LSAT, apply to a Tier 1 (or even Tier 2) Law School and you'll be jammin' to this tune for life

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Give up now, you're in it for the wrong reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Check out hours worked and depression levels too.

Lawyers With Depression:
    Haha, I know I'll have to work 12-16 hours a day at an incredibly pessimistic workplace with no challenge in the work at all and all that. Maybe it's the naiveness of my youth speaking but I just to work for 6-7 years, make senior associate, hoard all the money and then retire for life at 30 or so and live on the interest and maybe some safe investments.
    Last edited by Teja.; 04-06-2011 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post
    Dude just come to the US/Canada and get an undergrad degree, ace all your courses and the LSAT, apply to a Tier 1 (or even Tier 2) Law School and you'll be jammin' to this tune for life
    Haha, are you aware of the ridiculous amount it'll cost me to do two degrees in the USA?

Haha, I know I'll have to work 12-16 hours a day at an incredibly pessimistic workplace with no challenge in the work at all and all that. Maybe it's the naiveness of my youth speaking but I just to work for 6-7 years, make senior associate, hoard all the money and then retire for life at 30 or so and live on the interest and maybe some safe investments.
    Yeah, maybe.

Haha oh no Teja. You may leave the profession at 30 (or die before getting to 30 ) but you won't be retiring at 30 on a SA salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Haha oh no Teja. You may leave the profession at 30 (or die before getting to 30 ) but you won't be retiring at 30 on a SA salary.
    Meant Principal Associate. Check VM.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Teja, it isn't that we are trying to ruin your dream, and you may well carry it off.

I don't know anything about big firms in India, but here it is brutal. They take the strongest academic candidates and work them as hard as you can imagine. Six days a week or five at 16 hours a day is what's expected, and every starter or most of them has their eye on a partnership.

Most of them are gone in five years. The turnover and burnout rate is insane. Alcoholism and depression are rife. Mostly because they have to work with people like Jono.

Just be aware of it is all. You'll find the ones who burn out will be those looking for the $$$$ and not doing it because they're passionate. Long term, if you find an area of practice you're passionate about, the $$$$ will come because you love it.

Good luck with it anyway mate.
    Last edited by Burgey; 05-06-2011 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Teja, it isn't that we are trying to ruin your dream, and you may well carry it off.

I don't know anything about big firms in India, but here it is brutal. They take the strongest academic candidates and work them as hard as you can imagine. Six days a week or five at 16 hours a day is what's expected, and every starter or most of them has their eye on a partnership.

Most of them are gone in five years. The turnover and burnout rate is insane. Alcoholism and depression are rife. Mostly because they have to work with people like Jono.

Just be aware of it is all. You'll find the ones who burn out will be those looking for the $$$$ and not doing it because they're passionate. Long term, if you find an area of practice you're passionate about, the $$$$ will come because you love it.

Good luck with it anyway mate.
    Thanks for the advice mate.

Ftr, It's pretty much exactly the same scene here, Apart from the 2-4 kids who get prestigious scholarships(Rhodes, Felix etc.) to study further abroad, The entire top 30-40% of the class goes to corporate law despite the hours being 9 am - midnight because simply, for Indian cost of living, It's ridiculous money. It's come to the point where the top law schools(which are all govt. ones) are pushing their 'Pursue litigation' agenda on the students right from the vice chancellor's speech on the first day to the end where the college does not assist in the placement process for corporates. Can't say I blame them.
    Last edited by Teja.; 05-06-2011 at 06:49 AM.

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    a work of art
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Thread Information