Page 149 of 363 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 5441
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: What are you thinking right now?

  1. #2221
    International Coach GotSpin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Posts
    12,826
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Haha they were around 80 bucks each for concession weren't they? Just got two bronze ones myself, $36 each for concession. Gun.
    yeah $77.

    Such a major ******. I called him up last night to tell him tickets were available, and then again this morning. Told him to get bronze concession. Check my emails (ticketek account is in my name) and his gone ahead and gotten silver accidentally. FMD how can u do that

    I'll probably go members for the other four days. tickets for boxing day are so much cheaper. guess much more quantity
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

  2. #2222
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    23,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Got_Spin View Post
    yeah $77.

    Such a major ******. I called him up last night to tell him tickets were available, and then again this morning. Told him to get bronze concession. Check my emails (ticketek account is in my name) and his gone ahead and gotten silver accidentally. FMD how can u do that

    I'll probably go members for the other four days. tickets for boxing day are so much cheaper. guess much more quantity
    Super keen tbh. Now that I've got tickets for Sydney I'll probably end up selling my Boxing Day ones as it'll just be too costly in terms of getting my way to Melbourne and getting time off work (assuming I find a summer job). If that's the case, it'll actually be my first time going to an international cricket game. Saw NSW - England last time they were here, and one or two domestic games, but that's all I've ever seen live.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

  3. #2223
    International Coach GotSpin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Posts
    12,826
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Super keen tbh. Now that I've got tickets for Sydney I'll probably end up selling my Boxing Day ones as it'll just be too costly in terms of getting my way to Melbourne and getting time off work (assuming I find a summer job). If that's the case, it'll actually be my first time going to an international cricket game. Saw NSW - England last time they were here, and one or two domestic games, but that's all I've ever seen live.
    It'll be quite an experience having the entire SCG packed to the rafters for what will probably be the first time. The atmosphere is always brilliant so I can't wait.

    It's really an awesome place to watch cricket. The view from the Noble or bradman stand is just amazing
    Last edited by GotSpin; 06-11-2010 at 07:28 AM.

  4. #2224
    Global Moderator Teja.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    z
    Posts
    6,357
    Bought a bicycle today. It'll come tomorrow noon. I haven't cycled for 6+ years and am looking forward to it.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams



    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

    It's because Teja is a ****, FTR


  5. #2225
    U19 Captain Flyonthewall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Churchdown
    Posts
    609
    That Mechanics 1 is a nightmarish unit (especially projectiles - I have to do 2 + 3 as well). And that I can not bloody wait to start Further Pure One on Monday.

    Also wondering why I took probably the 4 hardest A-levels. Actually, I do know but, still, it's a heck of a lot of work.
    My Supporting XI: V Sehwag, T Iqbal, S Katich (c), K Sangakkara, S Chanderpaul, E Morgan, S Al Hasan, M Rahim (+), G Swann, D Steyn, Z Khan

  6. #2226
    International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bitch please, I'm from West Yorkshire
    Posts
    14,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyonthewall View Post
    That Mechanics 1 is a nightmarish unit (especially projectiles - I have to do 2 + 3 as well). And that I can not bloody wait to start Further Pure One on Monday.

    Also wondering why I took probably the 4 hardest A-levels. Actually, I do know but, still, it's a heck of a lot of work.
    Is that A Levels?

    M1 is pretty good, M2 is fun as well, I haven't done M3, but it's meant to be pretty hard. What are you finding hard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

  7. #2227
    Hall of Fame Member Marcuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Above you
    Posts
    15,604
    Think you're overplaying Further Maths tbh, yeah it's tough but it can't be that tough if a lot of schools can offer it as an "extra" and teach it in 2 hours a week.

  8. #2228
    U19 Captain Flyonthewall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Churchdown
    Posts
    609
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    Is that A Levels?

    M1 is pretty good, M2 is fun as well, I haven't done M3, but it's meant to be pretty hard. What are you finding hard?
    It's mostly the projectiles stuff, especially with the angles. (e.g. "a cricketer hits on the ball on the half-volley. The ball travels to a fielder 100m away and leaves the ground at an angle of 45 degrees to the orizontal. Work out the initial speed of the ball"). That type of stuff.

    And yeah, it's AS-Level Further Maths.

  9. #2229
    U19 Captain Flyonthewall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Churchdown
    Posts
    609
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Think you're overplaying Further Maths tbh, yeah it's tough but it can't be that tough if a lot of schools can offer it as an "extra" and teach it in 2 hours a week.
    Well, most of M1 I'm pretty reasonable at to (the forces stuff, SUVAT, even vectors are not so challenging that I can't get past it with effort). It's just projectiles that I can't get my head around, really.

    I have the same problem in physics also (although the forces stuff is easier, obvs.)

  10. #2230
    Hall of Fame Member Marcuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Above you
    Posts
    15,604
    I've never done M1 and my school don't do it for Further either, so I wouldn't know.

    What do you take again? Maths, Further, Physics and...

  11. #2231
    U19 Captain Flyonthewall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Churchdown
    Posts
    609
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    I've never done M1 and my school don't do it for Further either, so I wouldn't know.

    What do you take again? Maths, Further, Physics and...
    History. I'm enjoying it the most at the minute ITBT. Although I like all of my lessons.

    Although this is aided by not doing General Studies. :P

    And Marcuss, I had a look at FP1 earlier today (starting Monday, as we've already finished Mech 1) and it does look a little mrore friendly TBF.
    Last edited by Flyonthewall; 06-11-2010 at 12:51 PM.

  12. #2232
    Hall of Fame Member Marcuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Above you
    Posts
    15,604
    Ahh, History ftw. Not sure I'd agree they're the 4 hardest A Levels, but it's subjective I guess.

  13. #2233
    U19 Captain Flyonthewall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Churchdown
    Posts
    609
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Ahh, History ftw. Not sure I'd agree they're the 4 hardest A Levels, but it's subjective I guess.
    I reckon the average student would probably give them as the 4 hardest A-levels. I wouldn't necessarily agree either (I'd find something like Textiles or Art waaaaaaaaay harder than than any of them), but that was more my point. I just didn't express it very well.
    Last edited by Flyonthewall; 06-11-2010 at 12:56 PM.

  14. #2234
    Hall of Fame Member Marcuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Above you
    Posts
    15,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyonthewall View Post
    I reckon the average student would probably give them as the 4 hardest A-levels. I wouldn't necessarily agree either (I'd find something like Textiles or Art waaaaaaaaay harder than than any of them), but that was more my point. I just didn't express it very well.
    Yeah, and as I said, I'd disagree

  15. #2235
    U19 Captain Flyonthewall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Churchdown
    Posts
    609
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Yeah, and as I said, I'd disagree
    I shall gracefully accept and bow out.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Request to proof read a speech
    By Manee in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-10-2009, 09:15 AM
  2. Replies: 1491
    Last Post: 10-02-2004, 11:31 PM
  3. Thinking of doing
    By bugssy in forum General
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-02-2004, 01:19 AM
  4. bugs thinking of retiring
    By bugssy in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 14-10-2002, 02:12 AM
  5. Thinking ahead
    By marc71178 in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-10-2002, 11:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •