Page 149 of 363 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 5441
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: What are you thinking right now?

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Haha they were around 80 bucks each for concession weren't they? Just got two bronze ones myself, $36 each for concession. Gun.
    yeah $77.

Such a major ******. I called him up last night to tell him tickets were available, and then again this morning. Told him to get bronze concession. Check my emails (ticketek account is in my name) and his gone ahead and gotten silver accidentally. FMD how can u do that

I'll probably go members for the other four days. tickets for boxing day are so much cheaper. guess much more quantity
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Got_Spin View Post
    yeah $77.

Such a major ******. I called him up last night to tell him tickets were available, and then again this morning. Told him to get bronze concession. Check my emails (ticketek account is in my name) and his gone ahead and gotten silver accidentally. FMD how can u do that

I'll probably go members for the other four days. tickets for boxing day are so much cheaper. guess much more quantity
    Super keen tbh. Now that I've got tickets for Sydney I'll probably end up selling my Boxing Day ones as it'll just be too costly in terms of getting my way to Melbourne and getting time off work (assuming I find a summer job). If that's the case, it'll actually be my first time going to an international cricket game. Saw NSW - England last time they were here, and one or two domestic games, but that's all I've ever seen live.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Super keen tbh. Now that I've got tickets for Sydney I'll probably end up selling my Boxing Day ones as it'll just be too costly in terms of getting my way to Melbourne and getting time off work (assuming I find a summer job). If that's the case, it'll actually be my first time going to an international cricket game. Saw NSW - England last time they were here, and one or two domestic games, but that's all I've ever seen live.
    It'll be quite an experience having the entire SCG packed to the rafters for what will probably be the first time. The atmosphere is always brilliant so I can't wait.

It's really an awesome place to watch cricket. The view from the Noble or bradman stand is just amazing
    Last edited by GotSpin; 06-11-2010 at 07:28 AM.

Bought a bicycle today. It'll come tomorrow noon. I haven't cycled for 6+ years and am looking forward to it.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

That Mechanics 1 is a nightmarish unit (especially projectiles - I have to do 2 + 3 as well). And that I can not bloody wait to start Further Pure One on Monday.

Also wondering why I took probably the 4 hardest A-levels. Actually, I do know but, still, it's a heck of a lot of work.
    My Supporting XI: V Sehwag, T Iqbal, S Katich (c), K Sangakkara, S Chanderpaul, E Morgan, S Al Hasan, M Rahim (+), G Swann, D Steyn, Z Khan

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyonthewall View Post
    That Mechanics 1 is a nightmarish unit (especially projectiles - I have to do 2 + 3 as well). And that I can not bloody wait to start Further Pure One on Monday.

Also wondering why I took probably the 4 hardest A-levels. Actually, I do know but, still, it's a heck of a lot of work.
    Is that A Levels?

M1 is pretty good, M2 is fun as well, I haven't done M3, but it's meant to be pretty hard. What are you finding hard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Think you're overplaying Further Maths tbh, yeah it's tough but it can't be that tough if a lot of schools can offer it as an "extra" and teach it in 2 hours a week.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    Is that A Levels?

M1 is pretty good, M2 is fun as well, I haven't done M3, but it's meant to be pretty hard. What are you finding hard?
    It's mostly the projectiles stuff, especially with the angles. (e.g. "a cricketer hits on the ball on the half-volley. The ball travels to a fielder 100m away and leaves the ground at an angle of 45 degrees to the orizontal. Work out the initial speed of the ball"). That type of stuff.

And yeah, it's AS-Level Further Maths.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Think you're overplaying Further Maths tbh, yeah it's tough but it can't be that tough if a lot of schools can offer it as an "extra" and teach it in 2 hours a week.
    Well, most of M1 I'm pretty reasonable at to (the forces stuff, SUVAT, even vectors are not so challenging that I can't get past it with effort). It's just projectiles that I can't get my head around, really.

I have the same problem in physics also (although the forces stuff is easier, obvs.)

I've never done M1 and my school don't do it for Further either, so I wouldn't know.

What do you take again? Maths, Further, Physics and...

I've never done M1 and my school don't do it for Further either, so I wouldn't know.

What do you take again? Maths, Further, Physics and...
    History. I'm enjoying it the most at the minute ITBT. Although I like all of my lessons.

Although this is aided by not doing General Studies. :P

And Marcuss, I had a look at FP1 earlier today (starting Monday, as we've already finished Mech 1) and it does look a little mrore friendly TBF.
    Last edited by Flyonthewall; 06-11-2010 at 12:51 PM.

Ahh, History ftw. Not sure I'd agree they're the 4 hardest A Levels, but it's subjective I guess.

Ahh, History ftw. Not sure I'd agree they're the 4 hardest A Levels, but it's subjective I guess.
    I reckon the average student would probably give them as the 4 hardest A-levels. I wouldn't necessarily agree either (I'd find something like Textiles or Art waaaaaaaaay harder than than any of them), but that was more my point. I just didn't express it very well.
    Last edited by Flyonthewall; 06-11-2010 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyonthewall View Post
    I reckon the average student would probably give them as the 4 hardest A-levels. I wouldn't necessarily agree either (I'd find something like Textiles or Art waaaaaaaaay harder than than any of them), but that was more my point. I just didn't express it very well.
    Yeah, and as I said, I'd disagree

Yeah, and as I said, I'd disagree
    I shall gracefully accept and bow out.

Thread Information