Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So...Nearly Christmas And Hows The Present Buying Going?

So...Nearly Christmas And Hows The Present Buying Going?

As the majority of posters on here are guys,and it kinda goes without saying that shopping is not a favourite pastime of your sex...how do you all find Christmas shopping for your girlfriends/wives/mistresses? ... do you rely on hints from them,or are you spectacularly brilliant when it comes to choosing the right gift for her at Christmas?...do you find it all a hastle and a stress.. and what have you got her this year?...

Or do you not bother at all and just become a scrooge at Christmas and let it all pass you by?.....

(This thread was in part inspired by Burgey,making comment that he wasn't intending to buy a Pandora bracelet for his wife and was opting for a Rabbit instead....shall be interested as to all the male CW's posters gift buying ideas for their other halves!!)....

Would like to do the Scrooge. Can I just say here - **** Christmas and everyone who's excited by it - apart from my kids.

Bought presents today, and an unpleasent, annoying exercise that cost me money I can't afford it was too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Not buying anything..she spent all my money partying.

still scratching around in the same old hole
    My wife has bought all the presents for the kids, my family and her family.

All I need to do is get something for her which Ive not started to think about yet. Plenty of time though

I bought her a netbook for her birthday 2 weeks ago so whatever I buy it will not be tech related.
    Last edited by Goughy; 21-12-2009 at 09:27 AM.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Not bought anything for anyone yet. Bollocks.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    I hate present-buying at Christmas with a passion. I'd much rather no one got me anything and I didn't have to worry about getting anyone else anything. There's a switch in attitudes from "he bought me a present, what a guy" to "he didn't buy me a present, what an asshole" or even "he bought me a crap present, what an asshole". Giving and receiving gifts isn't the same when it's so socially unacceptable not to.

I quite like Christmas in general but on a personal level I never enjoy it. The mother always gets stressed over it and throws a trademark tantrum, there's nothing open for me to do and I have a very small family so there's not really anyone to spend it with. Boxing day ftw.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Been abusing Amazon this Christmas. Bought some of my gifts over the weekend, half of them arrived this morning from Amazon, and I just need to buy one more. It's all coming together nicely. Wrapped them all this morning too, because it's the best way to hide them from my family and gf.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    Gotta love how this thread is full of serious responses.
    orz

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Have got Mum and Dad sorted, just need to make a trek to the local shopping mall for my brother. Properly proud of my dad's present too; we've got a full sized snooker table and he'd mentioned a while ago that he'd like having a set of pool balls for it too so my brother and I have chipped in to get him some off ebay.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    As an estranged dad I was a bit stressed about Xmas as I have no idea what to buy girls of nearly three and seven. Alas, I somehow manoeuvred some sort of deal whereby me and the ex are going 'halves' on the presents, epic win.

Payday tomorrow so will buy some stuff for the folks and sibilings. Thinking alcohol for the adults, and a DVD for my kid bro, easy
    Phillip Hughes 1988-2014

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Yep Payday for me tomorow as well so shopping will be done then. (trying not to think about the rest of my degree that i have to pay for at the start of January)

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    As an estranged dad I was a bit stressed about Xmas as I have no idea what to buy girls of nearly three and seven. Alas, I somehow manoeuvred some sort of deal whereby me and the ex are going 'halves' on the presents, epic win.

Payday tomorrow so will buy some stuff for the folks and sibilings. Thinking alcohol for the adults, and a DVD for my kid bro, easy
    Nothing for me again, Corrin?

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    I wouldn't leave your present this late. It's in the post.

Failed horribly at my attempt to shop on Saturday. Will try again today.

Hate it, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent TBY View Post
    Gotta love how this thread is full of serious responses.

.. yeah,c'mon guys... hardly anyone has said what they are buyin their girlfriend/wife/mistress... uppercut has even managed(again) to get in that he has issues with his mum!!!

...are all you male CW posters not buying your other halves anything this year...or are you too embarrassed to say what you are buying them??!!....

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information