Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The People Of CW Vs My BNP Friend: A Debate

International Captain cover drive man's Avatar

The People Of CW Vs My BNP Friend: A Debate

Well as I've mentioned before I have a few friends who say they want to vote BNP but only one who has the brains to have a debate, I thought some of our more knowledgable members could help me out and stop my mate getting into a jam, who's interested? Just so you know the debate is "Is the BNP the right way to go for the British people?" Obviously, we say no and he says yes. We've got the first argument.
    Everyone wants to change the world, noone wants to change himself.

-Tolstoy

Alright.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Haha, I'd do it, but I don't know if he wants a British guy. What's the premise though, is it a philosophical perspective, or pure economics, etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

This to start.

"I think before we start this debate it would be best if you told me what attracts you to the BNP and we can work from there. Is that ok?"

Now we wait.
    Last edited by cover drive man; 16-10-2009 at 02:40 PM.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Haha this could be funny. Don't think I'll be much use in a debate, but I'm in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by cover drive man View Post
    This to start.

"I think before we start this debate it would be best if you told me what attracts you to the BNP and we can work from there. Is that ok?"

Now we wait.
    Thats actually a really good starting point. There is clearly some appeal to certain people.

The BNP is a reactionary political party and obviously has dubious characters involved. It has been allowed to gain political legitimacy due to the failings of the mainstream parties to properly address issues that are of concern to otherwise normal people.

Certain topics have been avoided by the main players as they are seen as taboo and have not been adequately addressed for at least a generation. Things have accelerated in the last decade and we see a small earthquake as the tension has been building.

People see communities on a steady 'decline' for all sorts of reasons. These should have been addressed by the two (three maybe) main parties but, for a long period, they have not.

What the BNP should be is a warning sign to a political process that buries its head in the sand and does not have proper dialogue on potentially troubling issues.

Rightly or wrongly a vote for the BNP is a vote by people that feel disenfranchised and abandoned by the current political process.

As someone who is in a mixed race marriage, who has mixed race kids, who has lived around the world, who has close friends of many nationalities and ethnicities and who left the UK for 'greener pastures', I doubt I am in tune with the average BNP voter and I doubt they would look favorably on me. However, one of the reasons I left the UK is that I dont find it a nice place to live and I didnt like how certain failings were not addressed. Therefore I can understand how this frustration can manifest itself in this ugly manner, even if I dont agree with it.

The moderate success of the BNP should be viewed as nothing more than a result of the failures of both main parties in the UK.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Wow. Saw the thread and thought BNP was "Best Normal Person" friend. So I was going to say CW friends are better coz if they give you the ****s you can shut them up by logging out.

Never mind.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Racist, fascist scum.

They are a bit slicker than in the past but there's no doubt that they are basically a purely racist organisation. I hesitate to call them a political party because they are illegally constituted. Their constitution unlawfully restricts membership to "Indigenous Caucasians". "Indigenous" is defined in terms dripping with Nazi overtones and in such a way that white South Africans would qualify but black South Africans would not. They have been taken to Court by the Equality and Human Rights Commission and have now been forced, kicking and screaming, to admit non-whites and to redraw their constitution accordingly. Until that happens, they are not allowed to admit any new members.

Anyhow from time to time the BNP do something so spectacularly half-witted that it gives us all a good laugh. I particularly enjoyed the Polish Spitfire story.

I'm in. I'm not British, but I'm white, and of British stock, and while that means not a jot to me, I'll throw it out there if that makes a difference to his preparedness to listen to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Am I the only one who has the feeling that the 'friend' is actually cdm himself and he's a closet BNP member?
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, N Broom, Craig Cachopa, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, I Sodhi, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    Am I the only one who has the feeling that the 'friend' is actually cdm himself and he's a closet BNP member?
    Andmark imo.

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Nick Griffin's appearance on Question Time will finish them off if it's shown at peak time in place of Coronation Street

Years ago I went to a "rally" being fronted by John "tin 'ead" Tyndall who was the leader of the old National Front - I have to confess that I was quite prepared to do whatever was necessary to disrupt it but in the event tin 'ead's arguments were so moronic it was more like going to the Edinburgh Fringe and turned out to be a bloody good laugh - from what I've seen Griffin isn't even as bright as tin 'ead

If they're not allowed the air time when they have to debate with right minded people, or aren't given the prime time slots in order to make ***** of themselves in front of their potential voters then there is a certain cretinous element in our society that will always support them and their doggerel but that support will never get beyond the level that it is currently

N,nyn.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Speaking of being closetted, as Geg almost was, what's the BNP's take on poovery? Far right parties traditionally not friends of friends of Dorothy, although more than a few of their number have reputedly putt from the rough. Tyndall included, I believe.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Nope, when he writes back you'll see it's not me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information