Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Jobs you would love/hate to have.

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    Should teach English in England tbh, that's a crazy idea.
    Parmi

Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Haha, I would love to write a book actually, have always wanted to, no idea what it would be about though. Would probably have to be Science Fiction of Fantasy, but my understanding of Science isn't detailed enough and I imagine it's near impossible to come up with an original Fantasy plot these days.

Haha, I do indeed have a few years to decide, am hoping to do some interesting work placements or something over the next few holidays, and just see where it ends up, the prospect of being a big city lawyer is something that sounds incredibly bad, and so I doubt I will go down that route if I stay in Law, neither will I do the Bar, something which sounds equally poor. So I'll either be a small town solicitor of some sort of go into Business, which sounds equally bad, but I really have no other ideas at this stage. Apart from teaching English in Japan, which is my one remaining crazy idea.
    The Japan trip must be done.

There are plenty of interesting fantasy writers out there, it is not dead genre by any means, Neil Gaiman and Sussana Clark two examples of fantasy writers doing something different and new, probably best to avoid elves and goblins though.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Haha, I would love to write a book actually, have always wanted to, no idea what it would be about though. Would probably have to be Science Fiction of Fantasy, but my understanding of Science isn't detailed enough and I imagine it's near impossible to come up with an original Fantasy plot these days.
    This. I'm having a go at a sci fi. Will probably never finish it though, the hardest thing about writing is the procrastination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information